Wiki Posts
Search

Best truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by All4BSpinnin
Once again.. learn the English language or dont even try to insult me, because by doing so you are just making yourself look like a complete moron.

You offer nothing for this site, you are just a post whore that adds nothing to this site but lame insults and savage fan boyism.
Haha is it so...?
So, which of my English language or grammar was not correct or improper...?

I did not want to belittle you; just that what you have said is really contradicting to yourself and have a bias to what others like...

Don't bad-mouthed what others like in this forum; if you don't know other's cars or trucks well, it's better for you to shut your mouth and just learn something from everything, and everything from something...
Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by absolutemayhem
Originally Posted by rc everywhere
funny how asking somebody what they think is the best , brings out the worst in them.

and yes , very entertaining. even if you can't spell.
Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Actually roychan doesn't sound stupid or ignorant at all. You on the other hand....
Sorry mates, sometimes we can tolerate some nonsense from someone (All4Bspinnin)... But, tolerance always has it's limits, he exceeded it...
Old 07-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

This is what All4Bspinnin posted in other threads here...
Basically he bad-mouthed what others like everywhere here...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...e-x-4-6-a.html

This is one of his reply/post (#5)

I would stay away from the savage x, the t maxx handles better, is much faster with a SMALL BLOCK, and in my opinion is stronger even while jumping, me and my buddy with his savage x 4.6 were hitting a jump in his yard and were getting about 15ft in the air maybe, on the second jump the savage made it came down on all 4s perfectly, coasted a few feet and wouldn't move, he broke a lower front arm, front bumper, bent a hinge pin, and grenanded the.rear diff ( broke teeth on the bevel gear and ring gear).. so just from seeing that imho savages a junk and not as strong as everyone says.. and fwiw my t maxx only pulled a shock spring off and was easily put back on and I kept bashing.

*waits to get bashed by the savage fanboys because I have an opinion*

Rustler/ TRX 3.3/ Traxxas/ Integy/ Byron Fuels ( The girlfriends toy )

This is what I've replied him... (#14)

If the Savage landed on all 4, perfectly as what you've mentioned, how would it broke the front lower arm, and the bumper...???

It's easy to be wise; just think of something stupiG, and don't say it...

A T-Maxx, with it's pressed-molded chassis, will not be strong as the Savage X's TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) chassis, not even 50% as strong...

Next time get your friend to jump his Savage X towards your head, and see will the Savage's lower arm break, or your head...
Old 07-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by roychan69
This is what All4Bspinnin posted in other threads here...
Basically he bad-mouthed what others like everywhere here...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...e-x-4-6-a.html

This is one of his reply/post (#5)

I would stay away from the savage x, the t maxx handles better, is much faster with a SMALL BLOCK, and in my opinion is stronger even while jumping, me and my buddy with his savage x 4.6 were hitting a jump in his yard and were getting about 15ft in the air maybe, on the second jump the savage made it came down on all 4s perfectly, coasted a few feet and wouldn't move, he broke a lower front arm, front bumper, bent a hinge pin, and grenanded the.rear diff ( broke teeth on the bevel gear and ring gear).. so just from seeing that imho savages a junk and not as strong as everyone says.. and fwiw my t maxx only pulled a shock spring off and was easily put back on and I kept bashing.

*waits to get bashed by the savage fanboys because I have an opinion*

Rustler/ TRX 3.3/ Traxxas/ Integy/ Byron Fuels ( The girlfriends toy )

This is what I've replied him... (#14)

If the Savage landed on all 4, perfectly as what you've mentioned, how would it broke the front lower arm, and the bumper...???

It's easy to be wise; just think of something stupiG, and don't say it...

A T-Maxx, with it's pressed-molded chassis, will not be strong as the Savage X's TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) chassis, not even 50% as strong...

Next time get your friend to jump his Savage X towards your head, and see will the Savage's lower arm break, or your head...
Old 07-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Champion

I lOl'd when I realized he doesn't even OWN the T-Maxx anymore.
He had given it to his girlfriend...
Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

GUYS GUYS GUYS. No need to argue, teh man just wants some help with a rc. He doesnt wanna listen to a bunch of people talk bad to eachother. Everyone has there opinions let it be and ignore the idiots.

As far as the car. Savage x is a great car. I say get a savage. Imo traxxas makes junk besides there short course. The savage x is a better design then the tmaxx, it has a better motor and is very durable. Imo the savage is also a litte easier to work on. Both are good cars and can be upgraded but the savage is the car to get hands down. Probably top 3 on the best monster trucks out there. Another Great truck is the losi aftershock or the xxl. I think the xxl is the best truck on the market. COmes with a great remote the engine is good the truck is all around good. The remote reads your tempature and speed and has all kinds of adjustments. Its a awsome truck man, its well worth your money. The aftershock comes with a pretty decent 2.4ghz, better then the traxxas junk and losi is probably the biggest brand name out there. Get what you can get parts for and what will MAKE YOU HAPPY. All we can do is recommend and tell you what we think but it all comes down to what makes you the happiest and will put a smile on your face at the end of the day! Good luck to you. If you ever need help please feel free to pm me.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by roychan69
He had given it to his girlfriend...
No, he sold it to buy an LST or Savage
Old 07-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Tech Champion

No, he sold it to buy an LST or Savage
Must be....

Okay, just ignore the idiot man...
Old 07-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Suspended

ERBE...
Old 07-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcdude236
GUYS GUYS GUYS. No need to argue, teh man just wants some help with a rc. He doesnt wanna listen to a bunch of people talk bad to eachother. Everyone has there opinions let it be and ignore the idiots.

As far as the car. Savage x is a great car. I say get a savage. Imo traxxas makes junk besides there short course. The savage x is a better design then the tmaxx, it has a better motor and is very durable. Imo the savage is also a litte easier to work on. Both are good cars and can be upgraded but the savage is the car to get hands down. Probably top 3 on the best monster trucks out there. Another Great truck is the losi aftershock or the xxl. I think the xxl is the best truck on the market. COmes with a great remote the engine is good the truck is all around good. The remote reads your tempature and speed and has all kinds of adjustments. Its a awsome truck man, its well worth your money. The aftershock comes with a pretty decent 2.4ghz, better then the traxxas junk and losi is probably the biggest brand name out there. Get what you can get parts for and what will MAKE YOU HAPPY. All we can do is recommend and tell you what we think but it all comes down to what makes you the happiest and will put a smile on your face at the end of the day! Good luck to you. If you ever need help please feel free to pm me.
Now thats what Im looking for.

Quit getting mad, just ignore the people that you dislike and they will probably stop.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maylemay

Quit getting mad, just ignore the people that you dislike and they will probably stop.
You do notice that within 5 pages, only one person is saying the TMaxx is the best vehicle? ALso that same person is the only one saying all the other vehicles suck? On top of all that, he doesn't even OWN any of these vehicles? LOL
Old 07-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

You do notice that within 5 pages, only one person is saying the TMaxx is the best vehicle? ALso that same person is the only one saying all the other vehicles suck? On top of all that, he doesn't even OWN any of these vehicles? LOL
I dont want anyone to feel like Im pointing any fingers
Old 07-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Okay, here's some of my experience with the Savage X:

Lower CGs
I used to race it, to be honest, the Savage X is not fantastic on a race track in box stock; but lowering it's CG's (center of gravity - the ride height) will helps it corners much much better.

Solution: Back then, I got those HPI rubber bump-stops, and put it INSIDE the shock cylinders, it's about 10mm in height. You can cut a section of the fuel tubing too. By doing that, you have 'limited' the shock shaft length, or you can choose to replace to a shorter shock shaft.

(I have changed to the HPI Big Bore shocks now, the #A720)

Better Steering and Throttle Servo

Get a high torque servo for the steering, the stock one was weak...
As for the throttle, a 9kg/cm servo should be good enough. Do the OFNA throttle linkage mod if possible, it apply better brake and will be able WOT (wide open throttle), the stock servo horn/servo saver that fix to the throttle servo cannot perform the above mentioned...

(I have replaced my servo saver spring from a Hyper 9 buggy, which is stiffer and provide better steering respond..)

It's not expensive and easy to do, this:
Throttle linkage mod.

Best truck-ssofnasliders.jpg

Better tires:

Get the LPR (low profile racing) Truggy tires like Crime Fighter or Bow Tie etc... They offer better grip and less side-wall flex.

Differentials

It's important to shim them properly.
You don't need get those hardened machined crown gear and pinion gear, just shim them well.

Also, as the Savage came with aluminum diff cup, it's good to apply a drop of thread locker to the screws that goes into the diff cup, just like any metal-to-metal, vibration will got them loosen after some time.

Use 10~15k diff oil front and 3~5k at the rear.
The stock one was packed with grease, clean them and replace them with diff oil, they will turns better and more consistent.

Universal

It's good to replace the front dog bones to a universal joints, you can leave the rear alone. The stock dog bones is easy to drop out especially during turns, the O-Ring ('cushioning' the ends of the dog bones) that stop it from dropping will drop after some time...

I have also added front and rear sway-bars to make it corner 'flatter', full throttle and turn and it doesn't flip. # 102538 (from HPI) It fits better than other makers 'rubber-band type' of sway-bars.

Anything I have missed or you would like to know...?

Last edited by roychan69; 07-21-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Rookie

I am looking for a new nitro monster truck and was wondering what I should buy. I was thincking about the T-maxx 3.3 or the Savage X and Im looking to spend about $400-$450. Ill appreciate any recommendations.
i hav a t-maxx ill sell u
if u want details call me at 715-340-4191 call me after 1 in the afternoon
Old 07-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rybarconllc
i hav a t-maxx ill sell u
if u want details call me at 715-340-4191 call me after 1 in the afternoon
quit trying to peddle your garbage here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.