Wiki Posts
Search

Savage Flux HP vs. Brushless E-Revo

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sand viper
ya thats true lol but the erevo's transmission is all metal so it pretty tough!
You have to, the amount of instant torque that brushless motors put out will strip anything non metal.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr
To me it's not an MT if it's on a flat chassis.
That's funny. My Savage looked and performed like s___ compared to my MGT 8.0 which had a flat chassis. I've gone through a Sav Flux, MGT 8.0, a Neu 1521 powered MGT, brushless 8ight-T, and an ERBE this year. I only have the ERBE left out of all those. I miss every single one except for the Sav. You get tired of broken diffs and running after it to flip it over after every turn.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by LiqrSicc
That's funny. My Savage looked and performed like s___ compared to my MGT 8.0 which had a flat chassis. I've gone through a Sav Flux, MGT 8.0, a Neu 1521 powered MGT, brushless 8ight-T, and an ERBE this year. I only have the ERBE left out of all those. I miss every single one except for the Sav. You get tired of broken diffs and running after it to flip it over after every turn.
Sounds like shitty driving to me I've NEVER had a diff problem with any Savage I've owned, and if they can take the abuse of a P28 modified then you are definitely doing osmething wrong. It feels like you just want to brag more so than make a worthwhile statement, my $$$ is on you haven't owned half of those except the overweight MGT.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Sounds like shitty driving to me I've NEVER had a diff problem with any Savage I've owned, and if they can take the abuse of a P28 modified then you are definitely doing osmething wrong. It feels like you just want to brag more so than make a worthwhile statement, my $$$ is on you haven't owned half of those except the overweight MGT.
It's called beating your truck, fanboy. I dont drive my trucks outside my house all day and run over twigs. You're comparing a 28 to a 8.0? No shit it can stand up to a .28 torque is nowhere close to the a .50. How could a .28 possibly abusive? What am I bragging about? I posted to give my opinion. Give your opinion, that's cool. But I dont know why you're calling me out. Why dont you shoot me your email so I can send you pics and shit on you? Actually I put my money where my mouth is so

funny guy. Where's my $$$. Thought so.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)
Thumbs down

It's called beating your truck, fanboy. I dont drive my trucks outside my house all day and run over twigs. You're comparing a 28 to a 8.0? No shit it can stand up to a .28 torque is nowhere close to the a .50. How could a .28 possibly abusive? What am I bragging about? I posted to give my opinion. Give your opinion, that's cool. But I dont know why you're calling me out. Why dont you shoot me your email so I can send you pics and shit on you? Actually I put my money where my mouth is so

funny guy. Where's my $$$. Thought so.

Nice trader rating
Old 09-17-2009, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nexxus
Nice trader rating
You should have researched my threads first before making assumptions on my credibility. Yeah the jackass sold me a damaged MM ESC and had the nerve to leave me negative feedback. There's a big thread I exposed him on if you want to search my threads. The -1 looks bad but its staying negative 1 as I dont plan to buy anything used anymore. Its only an RC Tech trader rating and I usually sell on eBay. What counts is my eBay account is still 100% at 460+ feedback
Old 09-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

You should have researched my threads first before making assumptions on my credibility. Yeah the jackass sold me a damaged MM ESC and had the nerve to leave me negative feedback. There's a big thread I exposed him on if you want to search my threads. The -1 looks bad but its staying negative 1 as I dont plan to buy anything used anymore. Its only an RC Tech trader rating and I usually sell on eBay. What counts is my eBay account is still 100% at 460+ feedback
mmhmm Ebay means nothing. Also a scammer calling some1 else a scammer is the oldest trick in the book Learn to take care of your cars and you might not brake them so much. I bash just as hard as the next guy, and my drivetrain is the last thing I worry about. Then again, I know how to do proper gear mesh, you can't seem to even fit the correct size pinion if that's even yours o.O
Old 09-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
mmhmm Ebay means nothing. Also a scammer calling some1 else a scammer is the oldest trick in the book Learn to take care of your cars and you might not brake them so much. I bash just as hard as the next guy, and my drivetrain is the last thing I worry about. Then again, I know how to do proper gear mesh, you can't seem to even fit the correct size pinion if that's even yours o.O
I'm sure that's exactly the reason why people are running CEN diffs. Feel free to be a complete dipshit and search my posts on the Tekno thread here to see my trucks and the AE forums for my brushless MGT build and the Traxxas and RCM forums for my other builds. If that's not enough you can search me on YouTube and see them in action.

I visit these boards to give my opinion and share knowledge, and in turn appreciate the knowledge and opinions, good and bad, that other people share. It's idiots like you that fuck it up. Calling out people just to be proved wrong

FYI it takes a day to get a trader rating here... it takes trust and hundreds of transactions to be a PowerSeller and Top Rated Seller on eBay.

There's only one motives of a hater and that's envy. Sorry about your life

I'm done making you look stupid. Keep to the thread and keep it to SavFlux vs ERBE
Old 01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After reading this entire thread and seeing that it turned into a fight it makes me realize that there are alot of people that need to GROW UP that do this hobby.
They are toy trucks kids let it go
back to the topic of the thread
Has anyone drag raced these 2 trucks with the same power from a roll cause you can't do it from a stand still and which one is faster seeing's how they have the same power plant
Old 01-06-2010, 04:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I think off memory the E-Revo had a higher top speed in a drag race, mainly because the Savage Flux flips over at 40-50mph (aerodynamic it aint!)

If you could keep the Savage Flux planted the duration of the run though, I'd imagine it'd be quicker.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

There's a significant weight diff - the ERBE weighs 9.5lbs (without batts) and the Flux weighs 11.8lbs (also wo batts). Thats almost a 20% weight diff.

The ERBE should accel faster, it weight 20% less. I've never compared gearing between the two so I don't know if teh ERBE leverages its weight diff with taller gearing or not.

The weight diff is also why the Flux is tougher on lipos than the ERBE. It takes more amps to pull that extra weight.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

I love my flux
Old 01-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

where are you guys getting lipo's from over in this forum?
Old 01-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monsterbrad
where are you guys getting lipo's from over in this forum?
http://www.hobbyking.com

http://www.allerc.com

http://www.rclipos.com

http://www.amainhobbies.com
Old 01-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

E-REVO is a Hybrid Truggy/Monster Truck. So it is 1/2 good at racing and 1/2 good at bashing. Be better off comparing the EMaxx BL to the Savage Flux.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.