Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone x
i strongly disagree with that
ok i am fine with that it is my opinion
Old 09-14-2009, 05:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I notice how it's the E-Revo blokes who are more vocal, maybe it's to hide some hidden insecurities or maybe they have more time to argue their point while they EBRE is once again broken and awaiting parts.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
I notice how it's the E-Revo blokes who are more vocal, maybe it's to hide some hidden insecurities or maybe they have more time to argue their point while they EBRE is once again broken and awaiting parts.
most ppl that dis the Savage are ppl who haven't driven or owned them, when most of us who don't like the Revo are people who have owned it and seen how weak it is in comparison.

I will never get another Revo, the design is awful and completely difficult to work on in comparison to the Savage.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Revo was designed from the ground up to be a race truck not a basher. The Savage is not designed to be raced althought it can be setup to be competitive with the revos. Out of the box the savage is tougher, heavier, and more solid. On the other hand the revo is more light, nimble, and fast. To me comparing the savage to the revo is like comparing apples to oranges. I have owned both trucks and preffered the revo, only because it is an engineering marvel. Its turns on a dime, handles great, and is fast. There are more tuning option with the revo because the suspension layout it has. Oh and the revo comes with a 2.4ghz radio.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

fanboys can never see the real picture
Old 09-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nexxus
No its not that man. Its just people like you who dis and critcizre the revo's design get people wound up. When really i think it was one of the best monster trucks ever built! its light and nimble and kills on the track. Hell i dont see why they dont just make a revo class.... But doing that would probably kill the monster truck class because ussualy thats the one truck that makes up the whole Sure the savage is ok but i really think Hpi has to rethink some of the design.... Even though alot of people say that the savage is a way better basher i think not. The erevo and revo can bash just as hard. I dont know im just saying my opinion ive driven a savage once in my life . It basically felt like a like a metal block with wheels in my opinion atleast on the track. But once i got off i had quite a time with it. Even though it handles no where near a revo it still has its positives. Idk i think when it comes down to it as long as you have on of the two youll be happy. It watever you want to buy.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by sand viper
No its not that man. Its just people like you who dis and critcizre the revo's design get people wound up. When really i think it was one of the best monster trucks ever built! its light and nimble and kills on the track. Hell i dont see why they dont just make a revo class.... But doing that would probably kill the monster truck class because ussualy thats the one truck that makes up the whole Sure the savage is ok but i really think Hpi has to rethink some of the design.... Even though alot of people say that the savage is a way better basher i think not. The erevo and revo can bash just as hard. I dont know im just saying my opinion ive driven a savage once in my life . It basically felt like a like a metal block with wheels in my opinion atleast on the track. But once i got off i had quite a time with it. Even though it handles no where near a revo it still has its positives. Idk i think when it comes down to it as long as you have on of the two youll be happy. It watever you want to buy.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
fanboys can never see the real picture

WOW ! If thats not the pot calling the kettle black !
Old 09-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've been reading this thread for a while and though I would throw my thoughts out there. The problem with comparing the Revo to a Savage is the design of each vehicle. The Savage is patterned after a true monster truck (MT) where the Revo is a race bred vehicle with MT tires on it. To me it's not an MT if it's on a flat chassis. I have an original Savage that has been modded through the years and continues to evolve, I also like the Revo as it has some very innovative designs in it, but I would not call it a true MT, it's more an overgrown stadium truck.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've owned a Revo and I can personally say, I hated so many things about the design aspect of that truck that i'll never go back to Traxxas again. I've never seen a truck that can destroy diff seals so fast or be such a PITA to get to the diffs in the first place.

HPI from now on for me.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Freezebyte
I've owned a Revo and I can personally say, I hated so many things about the design aspect of that truck that i'll never go back to Traxxas again. I've never seen a truck that can destroy diff seals so fast or be such a PITA to get to the diffs in the first place.

HPI from now on for me.
woa
Old 09-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HPI from now on for me.
+1
Old 09-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

HPI from now on for me.
+2.

Like I said, ppl who haven't owned Savages are the only ones that try to dis it. I used to be in that bracket myself when it was first released.

Most the ppl prefering the savage in this thread are ppl who have owned both. I had both the 3.3 and X at the SAME TIME, and guess which one constantly caused problems for me to the point I got rid of it?

go ahead guess!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What's shocked me was that on the Revo 3.3, the centre transmission was all plastic geared. Just askin for trouble!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

ya thats true lol but the erevo's transmission is all metal so it pretty tough!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.