Savage Flux HP vs. Brushless E-Revo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savage Flux HP vs. Brushless E-Revo

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Initiate

I broke a diff case on the ERBE, some a-arms, a spur. Thats all normal stuff. Rear Wing mount breaks sometimes, I don't bother anymore, put a truck shell on it and don't use a wing anymore!

I broke a diffs guts on the Flux, some a-arms, a gear in gear box... std stuff too.

I don't think the ERBE is made for light bashing! I give it the same abuse, no excuse to my flux. they are both super tough!

Had them now for half a year, liked the flux more in the beginning, but favour the ERBE now. Simply because it drives better!

I upgraded my ERBE with some non ballooning tyres and the center diff, fanastic ride now!!!

have got the extended FLM chassis on the way for my flux, hope it will iprove driving it...
Old 05-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crf450ish
I see that this thread has died. I am here to Breath life back into the controversial topic of which basher MONSTER TRUCK to spend your hard earned greenbacks on. I myself have read all nine (9) pages of this thread and have also spent considerable hours behind the screen with a beer in hand over the past few days researching and doing homework on the ERBE and the FLUX. Many things are clear to me, the FLUX is indeed more durable, it can handle the concrete skate parks massive jumps...the grand canyon style bashing at the gravel pit...etc. The ERBE is designed for fast-paced light bashing....no big jumps, no grand canyon style anything, just simple light fast paced speed junkie fun. Only two questions remain unanswered...which one is easier to work on? What parts break most often on each model? Thats it! Which one I buy hinges on the answers to those two questions.
I think you need to stop being a keyboard jokey and work towards owning one of these trucks. The nine pages you read prior to posting was more personal opinion than fact. I often feel the need to justify my purchase by putting down the competitors product. Reading through these posts illustrates that others feel that need too.

Both trucks are quality products with a ton of potential to race or bash. The goal of your search is to find happiness and both trucks will help you attain that goal.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by phisher
I think you need to stop being a keyboard jokey and work towards owning one of these trucks. The nine pages you read prior to posting was more personal opinion than fact. I often feel the need to justify my purchase by putting down the competitors product. Reading through these posts illustrates that others feel that need too.

Both trucks are quality products with a ton of potential to race or bash. The goal of your search is to find happiness and both trucks will help you attain that goal.

thank you
Old 05-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default erbe

Originally Posted by crf450ish
Nice! What about the ERBE folks?
I've got an ERBE. Bash it and race it in sanctioned races. Pretty easy to work on. In fact, I just rebuilt the whole truck as I had to change the chassis. Broke the chassis on a huge 30 foot jump where I landed on it's ass first. Chassis broke off right where the body post mounts are screwed in. Ordered new chassis from a main $ 23 bucks and did a re and re in about 3 hours.
Never tried a savage before, but I think any truck would have broken the way I drive them. I was amazed at how easy it was to remove and re-install everything on the ERBE. Just a few screws removed from the front, and the whole front suspension comes off, same as the rear.
Add some sway bars and you'll have the best handling MT out there.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb

I have a SavageX4.6 and I love it. One day it will go Flux..

I just picked up an ERBE and, although I already have an RC8Te with MMM2650, the ERBE put a huge smile on my face when I jammed it. I expected good speed but dayamn!

Camping this weekend so the ERBE is going to get some field durability testing
Old 05-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Nothing compares to a Savage FLUX! It is great! strong as he%$! The best monster truck ever made!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Holliday
Nothing compares to a Savage FLUX! It is great! strong as he%$! The best monster truck ever made!!!!!!!
to be honest the savage,s strength is overated they are not as strong as everyone seems to think i have a converted nitro savage and a brushless e-revo i love both the savage suffers diff problems from stock and weak tvp plates also dogbones not to mention the exposed drive train under neath all this can be fixed of course with upgrades the e revo is not perfect either it need,s replacment A arms from rpm .also alloy push rods stockers are rubbish . all iam saying is there is no r/c on the planet that is bullet proof and that goes for the savage and e-revo
Old 05-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I love my ERBE. I do hope to get a Savage Flux sometime, but the ERBE handles amazingly well
Old 05-24-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

I love these kind of Chevy vs. Ford threads. They can go on for years.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by whipnet
I love these kind of Chevy vs. Ford threads. They can go on for years.

*The single funniest post to make which is then followed by a 13 month quiet period*
Old 07-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Also I dont even see the EREBE as a monster truck. It definitely looks like a truggie; I'm surprised the rivalry isn't between the Flux HP and the E-Maxx brushless...
Old 07-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think it's pretty foolish and naive to take 30+ft jumps or bash around a concrete skate park (or both sometimes) and not expect something to break. Also you're comparing apples to oranges, or more like Gravedigger to a Baja 1000 truck.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Traxxas drulls Hpi rules
Old 02-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Traxxas 1/8 vehicles are a sad joke in 2017 because they lack proper 1/8 drivetrain and they also have plastic servo gears as well as lack of center diff. The only benefit is parts availability compared to arrma, hobao and tekno for example. HPI fluxx is a better truck because it has true 1/8 scale driveline. Appart from that they are both outdated. For the price, neither e revo or hpi flux hp is worth the money these days.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you guys know this thread has been dead for over 5 years right?