R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   Savage Flux HP vs. Brushless E-Revo (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/312347-savage-flux-hp-vs-brushless-e-revo.html)

ShibbyUTD 07-15-2009 04:22 PM

Savage Flux HP vs. Brushless E-Revo

Just thinking to myself a little, but if I am to sell my current RC stuff and possibly upgrade, which is a better choice?

They both seem pretty awesome and I am already a fan of Traxxas.

One a lot better than the other? I would be using it more for racing than bashing. I don't really like tearing up my truck for no reason...

Any advice?

(either truck the brushless system one)

Thanks!
(try not to be to basis, haha) :sweat:

Flux
http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/100646/

Revo
http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec..._erevo5608.htm

Duster_360 07-15-2009 04:32 PM

Racing - ERBE.

nexxus 07-15-2009 05:15 PM

Traxxas fans will say EBRE and HPI fans will say Savage

I tried both, and am happy with the Savage, I don't race monster trucks, and don't think the Revo would survive the punishment the Savage endures when we go out for a bash.

ShibbyUTD 07-15-2009 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Duster_360 (Post 6072442)
Racing - ERBE.

By a lot?

They both cost about the same. The motors seem to put out the same. Revo does seem more "racey" by the center of gravity and ride height.

I just want to ask quick, is there any other options I should be looking at? Or are these basically the "big two?"

4wdmt 07-15-2009 08:29 PM

You already mentioned that you prefer racing than bashing. ERBE is your choice then. I owned the E-Revo before and I was just surprised on how much tuning you can do with that truck. I can really see that it is more race oriented. Just look at all the winnings of it's nitro counterpart. I always see the E-Revo more as a low slung truggy than a monster truck.

As for me, I don't race and I beat the h3ll out of my trucks. My FLUX just keep coming back for more.

spawn_x 07-15-2009 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by nexxus (Post 6072589)
Traxxas fans will say EBRE and HPI fans will say Savage

I tried both, and am happy with the Savage, I don't race monster trucks, and don't think the Revo would survive the punishment the Savage endures when we go out for a bash.

I have a revo platinum and will agree that a savage is a tougher truck

ShibbyUTD 07-15-2009 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by 4wdmt (Post 6073570)
You already mentioned that you prefer racing than bashing. ERBE is your choice then. I owned the E-Revo before and I was just surprised on how much tuning you can do with that truck. I can really see that it is more race oriented. Just look at all the winnings of it's nitro counterpart. I always see the E-Revo more as a low slung truggy than a monster truck.

As for me, I don't race and I beat the h3ll out of my trucks. My FLUX just keep coming back for more.

Awesome, great input everyone!

Well I think the ERBE would be my choice if I get rid of my current stuff. Thanks guys :)

RCZILLA 07-22-2009 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Duster_360 (Post 6072442)
Racing - ERBE.

Dumb question but does that stand for E-Revo Brushless Edition

Im trying to decide between the two aswell. I have owned a REVO 2.5R before and I few Traxxas kits but have never owned a hpi kit. Has anyone had problems with the flux system?

RCZILLA 07-22-2009 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by ShibbyUTD (Post 6072593)
By a lot?

They both cost about the same. The motors seem to put out the same. Revo does seem more "racey" by the center of gravity and ride height.

I just want to ask quick, is there any other options I should be looking at? Or are these basically the "big two?"

Another thing is that the E-REVO comes with 2.4ghz radio

Duster_360 07-22-2009 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by RCZILLA (Post 6099907)
Dumb question but does that stand for E-Revo Brushless Edition....

Yes, everyones been abbrev it for a while...

One thing thats not been pointed out and its important with these hi perf BL systems is the weight diff between these two. The Flux weighs 11.8lbs and the ERBE weighs 9.5lbs, both of these are w/o lipos. That's why the Flux is more touchy about lipos - more amps are needed to get that extra weight moving and if they're not there, you're eventually going to have probs.

One radio or the other didn't factor into my decision to get the Flux. Mine's been trouble free, sweet and a blast to drive.

ShibbyUTD 07-22-2009 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Duster_360 (Post 6100644)
Yes, everyones been abbrev it for a while...

One thing thats not been pointed out and its important with these hi perf BL systems is the weight diff between these two. The Flux weighs 11.8lbs and the ERBE weighs 9.5lbs, both of these are w/o lipos. That's why the Flux is more touchy about lipos - more amps are needed to get that extra weight moving and if they're not there, you're eventually going to have probs.

One radio or the other didn't factor into my decision to get the Flux. Mine's been trouble free, sweet and a blast to drive.

Well everything is bigger in Texas. :D

RCZILLA 07-25-2009 05:21 PM

Are the Savage Diffs filled with diff fluid or grease? Pretty sure the revo diffs have diff fluid

cyclone x 07-25-2009 07:34 PM

go with the savage for sure

Savage_Racing 07-25-2009 08:54 PM

Anyone got a photo of the 2 next to each other?

ShibbyUTD 07-25-2009 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Savage_Racing (Post 6116850)
Anyone got a photo of the 2 next to each other?

I'm sure this won't be basis :sweat:

Anyways, I'm not going to Monster Truck route anymore thinking about something smaller.