Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calling all Minnesotans

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Hopefully you guys are interested. I have been building my trucks and trying to get all 3 of them race/freestyle ready. Im really hoping that you guys are going to want to still do this..... I just spent 750 out of taxes to make them a bit better. Hopefully we get this going soon cause the snow is melting!
Old 02-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I've acquired a couple clods. 1 is a Clodzilla 3 that I will probably part out. I'm building the other one to be a racer so I hope to be able to play with it sometime.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Awesome, I also sent ya a PM.

I got my trucks getting ready, Im working out a deal on my 4th truck right now. Im hoping to have a replica body on each of my trucks, There just really putting a big hit on my wallet at this time. I hope it all pays off when we get to finally race these trucks. Let me know what you guys got going and when you guys would like to start this!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Who is still interested?? I just got one of my trucks completely done and I cant wait! The other one is only waiting on a servo and the other a ESC and all 3 are going to be race ready!!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

I always wanted one of these trucks anyways so I'm in the process of building one. I can't 100% commit to racing it at events just because of other hobbies and family. We know these trucks are out there in MN, you just need to plan an event and spread the word.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

That is true, I mean even if we pick a weekend out of the month and have a 2day event or something so if someone cant make it one day hopefully they can the next day and we can get it all setup. I'll be making a rules sheet tonight and what each class will be divided up and how everything will be run....... Then I am going to talk to a few people and try to get something setup for racing in a school gym or something like that........

I'd just like to get this setup because its goin to be a blast once we get this setup and more and more trucks start to show up!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Even if we start out just bashing a little and having some unorganized races. We just need to get rolling and get some interest. After you have trucks, then let the organization begin.

I'm alot busier in the summer than I am in the winter but I would love to race these things in a stadium style setup on dirt. Carpet looks fun too but it's less realistic.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, the stadium style on dirt would be the best. Carpet isn't as real as you said and I think the outcome of people might be better if they seen them on dirt. What we need to do now is find our obstacles, Anything were gonna use on the track. I got a 56 nomad body but thats the only car body, I got bout 5-6 pickups that could be used.... I even got a Winnebago camper that can be used for freestyle... Its prob scale size for a freestyle too LOL! Its huge!!

Whatever you guys think is good is fine with me, Im jus anxious to get my trucks out and ready to race!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Ya never know......I have a 2 car garage that I'd maybe be willing to throw a tarp down and cover with some dirt/clay.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Well damn, If your willing to do that LOL! Theres our setup! I wish I had a bigger yard then what I do because I'd just dump a dump truck load of dirt in my back yard and build a track off that.... It'd be great for practice time and dialing in some trucks and it'd be there when we need it not needing to worry about finding something.... Hopefully something comes up soon
Old 02-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

While racing real cars in the summer in Shakopee, I do sometimes need my garage. But the cool thing about dumping dirt on a tarp is I can pile it up and move it to one side of the garage. Also, if we did it like the club that used to run in Brooklyn Park we would change the track layout every time we ran. They used to try and copy the real Monster Jam events and how their layout was.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

That would be perfect cause while doing that it would make it more challenging for the drivers and be funner cause there wouldnt be one person who could dominate the whole time because the track could change. About how big is your garage? I was gonna say we could even possibly run out the door of it into the driveway to make it a lil bit longer of a race.... Jus another idea. If we did this we could do actual dirt ramps too and make it that much funner because the track would be more realistic... Anyways, I have some old junk tonka trucks we could use for the freestyle set of it, I also have a camper we could jump that is pretty scale..
Old 02-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

I'm thinking it's about 26'x26' at least. It has 2 seperate single doors and I like your idea about going outside for longer type tracks. I remember the World Finals in Las Vegas a few years back started outside of the stadium and raced down a long straight to the U turn and back a little bit over the cars. There is a project to start working on.....start researching the real stadium set-ups and draw them out. Too much fun. I'm all for hosting a bunch of trucks. Right next to the 2 car garage I have a single car garage that can have a few table set up in.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Awesome man and yea that is a great idea to race em down like the world finals does every year in vegas. This is sounding like a good plan man.... On top of all this were going to need to video record and take some pics but we'll worry about that later on. I say we start outside the garage and we race into the garage do a u turn and then jump the cars and first truck to exit back out of the garage would be the winner. Then freestyle we would setup in the garage with maybe a couple other jumps out side the garage. I say that we could have a pretty cool setup if we take our time to do it and plan it all out well.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

When this cold and white stuff go away I'll start tidying up my garage. Keep trying to get more bodies, otherwise we'll have to use something like pop cans and that's just not realistic. They crush cool but they aren't cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.