Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calling all Minnesotans

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

True E-maxxs are not even close to a real looking monster tuck. Yes they are fun.

This is also way to funny, I used to be part of MMTR. I started with with them. Till I joined the R/C Monster Crew and then that club broke apart into Team Extreme.

I left MMTR due to I did not have a Clod, since I started with nitro stampede.

I thought this club failed a long time ago. I guess I was wrong.

Also this club has really strict rules. Not sure if that is still the same today or not.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Well, Everyone has there own opinions on everything. I aint worried about strict rules, Cause if we don't find anything thats already setup I will find someone who wants to setup a racing league and we'll setup the rules from there... What all trucks does everyone have or how many people would get a truck to race? I think this would be a great idea for anyone who wants to have some real monster truck fun.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

I just wanted to post a few pictures of what kind of goes on in these types of events out on the east coast. I also wanted to bring to anyones attention that these trucks can be bought already built for cheaper then what it'd cost ya to go out and buy new stuff to build one. I am running a Thunder Tech Ripper chassis on my main race truck, Currently sitting on my bench is 2 more sets of tires, axles and shocks awaiting a descion of what chassis to run..... There is tons and tons of choices for this...... I am just simply trying to throw it together to meet more people and have fun rippin up some trucks. Here's what RCMTRA stuff looks like.....How cool would it be to be able to race at this, Or even go and have a good evening watching the events? Check out the pics

Look at how much fun it could be!! If we got some guys/gals together that wanna go out and run these trucks on a weekend type deal that'd be awesome! We'd be able to have this and just in time to start a fresh season coming up in a few months. Who else is interested?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I'd love to see this get popular again. I would maybe try to get into it.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

OK, now that looks fun. I would buy one for sure.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnate
OK, now that looks fun. I would buy one for sure.
+1
Old 01-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Do you guys wanna try to get something started up?? I have been trying for quite awhile and i just thought them were some great inspirational photos. I am working on having 3 trucks for just myself so if we can get like 10-15+ More trucks we could have a blast! If anyone is looking for a cheap chassis, Crawfordperformanceengineering.com has some cheap chassis and from what I have heard they look to be great! Anyone has any questions please get ahold of me and let me know.

P.S. if we could find somewhere to have the races held, We could have a fun event on the weekends, Simply because once people see this racing they are going to go wild over it and that is going to draw even more attention to us!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think a once a month event schedule would be a great goal. Once a week will be tough with the other summer racing options out there.
Attached Thumbnails Calling all Minnesotans-berzerker50%25.jpg  
Old 01-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

I hear ya. Once a month wouldn't really bring to much though because we'd only get about 12 races a season. I say once every other weekend would be good. Give us some down time if any of the trucks ever broke or anything like that.I am really lookin forward to this, Kinda pumped up guys!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

I would be all up for it. Once a month sounds great. I could works that out. Just has to be on Sundays. I race at Tea's Hobby every sat.

Just one thing, where is everyone thinking about having this. If its in the cities, there is no way I could make it. Well, once a month I could.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Yea, I mean I guess I'd like too know for sure were we could hold this. I am going to try to find an area we could do it. Inside for the winter, In the summer we could do it outside weather permitting. I think this would be a blast, We'd have to set up how to do our points standings ETC and then we could figure out our track layouts etc.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Where should we start looking. I think the Ideal place would be in Rochester. We could talk to a school and see if we could rent or even use a gym. This would be an Ideal way to start.

I am really not a fan of the cities, or we could get close to the cities.

I am still up for it, I fund a clod on e-bay already.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Cool man, What kind of truck is it?

With everyones location I say we set the place we are going to race in the middle so we can make sure we make it fair to most people. I got 3 trucks I am working on, Possibly going to build my TXT-1 up and use that too. Trying to make a descision. I got everything but I need to fab up a chassis to make it lower CG so it handles the turns. I am just finishing up a few of the things I had to get done on my clods and I should be good.

When do you want to start the racing and freestyle and do you guys have any junk RC on road car bodies or sumthing we could use to jump over ETC?

We need to setup what kind of classes, Points ETC....
Old 01-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I would think, to try and get a club started you should keep the rules a little more vague. Don't seperate the clods from the TXT trucks. It should be any straight axle truck with dimension rules. Motor rules and run with that. If you start getting enough trucks to classify them differently, then go ahead. I have at least 3 old touring car bodies to start your scrap piles. Let me know if you want them and we can get together.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Thats what I ment sorry about that. I ment to keep all solid axle trucks together, Then we could seperate them on motors, Batteries etc. I will get a rule sheet from the RCMTRA or NRCTPA and we could see what kind of rules they run........

Another thing to get people to an event would be to run a open class, Run what ya brung on the course.... Just an idea..

Fig we could use them bodies, I'd be willing to meet up sumtime in the coming week or in the next weekend. We could figure something out. I think it'd work good. Let me know what everyone thinks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.