Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7777Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just so everyone knows i recently like yesterday as of writing this that i purchased a dxr 3500kv sensored motor to use with my gl esc and quality control was horrible. There was a plastic shim inside the motor endbell that had to be removed because it was blocking the sensor from picking up the motor, also there was some of the glue residue on 1 of the sensors that had to be cleaned, on top of that it is clearly not certify as they say to working with the gl sensor or team powers board. If u have a gl esc stay with gl DO NOT BUY THIS MOTOR the sensor wires need to be flipper it to work properly from what i am being told by 2 different people 1 person being in Indonesia and another in the states. Do yourself a favor learn from me as i am now out 49 dollars for a paper weight. Might as well just kept my sensorless gl motor in the car

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well that sucks. Hope it was a fluke and you got a “Monday” motor.... Mine runs fine in sensorless mode in my glr. It’s not as smooth as my PN 3.1 though.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tallyram
Well that sucks. Hope it was a fluke and you got a “Monday” motor.... Mine runs fine in sensorless mode in my glr. It’s not as smooth as my PN 3.1 though.
the whole point of a sensored motor and esc is to use the sensor part for better throttle feel not to cog and have boost and turbo mode. Thays the whole point of the purchase and from the main dxr people themselves they say its only certified to run with swave ensotech in sensored mode
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scionara05
the whole point of a sensored motor and esc is to use the sensor part for better throttle feel not to cog and have boost and turbo mode. Thays the whole point of the purchase and from the main dxr people themselves they say its only certified to run with swave ensotech in sensored mode
I know how you feel. Try buying a $1,200.00 pistol that was found to have crooked sights..... The DXR wasn’t my first choice, just what was available at the shop I use. I really wanted a GL sensorless 3500. A rare gem apparently.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry to hear your motor doesn't work... why can't they just follow a standard pattern for making motors and speedos? There is no such aproblem for the 540 sensored motors. Only half a dozen manufacturers are making sensored motor for micro cars, I can't see why they have difficulty to agree on a single pattern for laying down the sen
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
Sorry to hear your motor doesn't work... why can't they just follow a standard pattern for making motors and speedos? There is no such aproblem for the 540 sensored motors. Only half a dozen manufacturers are making sensored motor for micro cars, I can't see why they have difficulty to agree on a single pattern for laying down the sen
i wish it was that easy when plugged in the motor ran backwards then when trying to go reverse it acted like it had a short. Idk if it is the wire backwards but i know for sure it was put together wrong because the llastic part was covering 1 of the phases so it would not pick up the rotor location. A new motor shouldn't have to be taken apart to diag whats wrong with it. Dont know if i just got a lemon but defently gave me a salty taste.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tallyram
I know how you feel. Try buying a $1,200.00 pistol that was found to have crooked sights..... The DXR wasn’t my first choice, just what was available at the shop I use. I really wanted a GL sensorless 3500. A rare gem apparently.
now that sux i just got into firearms aswell its nice and relaxing group therapy
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

now that sux i just got into firearms aswell its nice and relaxing group therapy
I love going to the range. Racing has taken over for me lately though. Waiting on KS super softs to turn up somewhere.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:08 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i wish it was that easy when plugged in the motor ran backwards then when trying to go reverse it acted like it had a short. Idk if it is the wire backwards but i know for sure it was put together wrong because the llastic part was covering 1 of the phases so it would not pick up the rotor location. A new motor shouldn't have to be taken apart to diag whats wrong with it. Dont know if i just got a lemon but defently gave me a salty taste.
When you reversed direction, was this done by swapping wires or adjusting the rotation direction in the ESC settings?

I totally agree that there should be a standard pinout standard for the sensor cable and power terminals on all motors of this scale. Motors should be interchangeable without needing to check any certification list of compatibility. I have a couple motors which I cannot use from XRX because no sensor cables from any of my ESC work with their plugs... Customers should never need to adjust sensor cable wiring to change their motors.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EMU
When you reversed direction, was this done by swapping wires or adjusting the rotation direction in the ESC settings?

I totally agree that there should be a standard pinout standard for the sensor cable and power terminals on all motors of this scale. Motors should be interchangeable without needing to check any certification list of compatibility. I have a couple motors which I cannot use from XRX because no sensor cables from any of my ESC work with their plugs... Customers should never need to adjust sensor cable wiring to change their motors.
When i figured out the issue with the sensor being covered by the plastic i plugged everything in and hit the gas car goes reverse. Hit reverse and it acted like it had a short. After swapping pins around i was able to get it to go foward but it was sounding like it was skipping a phase. Its totally the issue with the wire and i shouldn't have to do that to get it to run. With it unpluged it worked fine in sensorless mode. The issue is in the cable being not in sync for the esc. I cant test it any further because the cable broke on 1 of the pin and i am not in the mood to burn up an esc trying to be a test subject for that company. Money dosnt grow on tree's
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

If nothing is resolved with this motor i will be selling it on flea bay and gathering a few more bucks to get something different. Waiting on a word back from menson.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Super stock

final

MTseo and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Stock class
evo4100

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:15 AM
Tech Prophet

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone... New to mini-z and RC in general. Super, super casual into this, just mostly having fun in the office with other car guys when we can't race our real cars.

I have a question about the radios.

I bought a Mr-03 Ve that came with an EX6 that was flashed to EX6R firmware. Cool.

I also bought a new RTR 32616BL (AWD GTR R33).

What do I need to do to either of the cars (I assume the R33) to make both cars work with the EX6/R?

I see that there is the red antenna, but unsure if that's what I need, or if I can even make it work with the R33 RTR kit.

Looking forward to having some fun!

AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.