Search
Like Tree7828Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 08:40 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In the last couple days I have seen a couple pictures of MR03's not running a top disks on their dampener. My track is not currently set up so I can't experiment right now but I was wondering what affect that has on the chassis dynamics? I am guessing it will give you more exit steering?

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

I find sometimes when I'm having traction issues it can be caused by the rear end not settling. Sometimes the top spring of the system is too stiff so I remove it all together.

It's important to clean and relube the damper plates every so often. Sometimes I lube, sometimes I run dry and in both cases I may or may not have the top spring and disk installed.
LJH and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:42 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Typically not using the upper disc in a standard damper system
(non reversed plate like 90mm), will offer more steering. I personally prefer the top disc, as without it the rear end can be quite floppy...

Rule of thumb, is top disc preload/spring rate increases rear stability/traction, bottom disc preload/spring increases aggressive steering.
LJH, TPDazzle and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:11 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EMU
Typically not using the upper disc in a standard damper system
(non reversed plate like 90mm), will offer more steering. I personally prefer the top disc, as without it the rear end can be quite floppy...

Rule of thumb, is top disc preload/spring rate increases rear stability/traction, bottom disc preload/spring increases aggressive steering.
Thanks guys, sounds like I do not need to try that. It is amazing how changing springs does affect the way the car feels.

Since EMU mentioned it I have spent a bit of time my MM 90mm car and have it going pretty well but my brain hurts trying to figure out how the dampener reacts to changes because of how it is mounted. EMU if you can fill me in it would be great.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:15 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Default Marka Tires

Who has been using the Marka tires? I would like to give them a go but not sure what way to go on my Mini96 track on the smooth side. I currently run KS Soft/Super soft rears and Medium fronts. What is the difference between the different versions?

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.

Last edited by LJH; 03-11-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:21 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LJH
Thanks guys, sounds like I do not need to try that. It is amazing how changing springs does affect the way the car feels.

Since EMU mentioned it I have spent a bit of time my MM 90mm car and have it going pretty well but my brain hurts trying to figure out how the dampener reacts to changes because of how it is mounted. EMU if you can fill me in it would be great.

Cheers,
Jim
90 is a bit tricky to conceptualize, with the plate on the pod it is essentially reversed... however, the post is opposite the pivot. I typically used a neutral disc preload setup with a stiffer upper spring if that helps.
Originally Posted by LJH
Who has been using the Marka tires? I would like to give them a go but not sure what way to go on my Mini96 track on the smooth side. I currently run KS Soft/Super soft rears and Medium fronts. What is the difference between the different versions?

Cheers,
Jim
for Marka rear, I would only recommend looking into v1 10d or the new 05d. They can be hit or miss depending on the specific track. Especially if a lot of PN rubber is laid down, they don't often work as well. When they do work, there is no better rear tire in my opinion.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:24 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TheSnotRocket
Hello everyone... New to mini-z and RC in general. Super, super casual into this, just mostly having fun in the office with other car guys when we can't race our real cars.

I have a question about the radios.

I bought a Mr-03 Ve that came with an EX6 that was flashed to EX6R firmware. Cool.

I also bought a new RTR 32616BL (AWD GTR R33).

What do I need to do to either of the cars (I assume the R33) to make both cars work with the EX6/R?

I see that there is the red antenna, but unsure if that's what I need, or if I can even make it work with the R33 RTR kit.

Looking forward to having some fun!
unfortunately the electronics in your RTR are not compatible with the ex6. You can get an ASF board and swap it. The dasmikro clone brushed board is relatively inexpensive and would be the easiest method as long as you are ok soldering the servo components from the original board over to it.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

LapMonitor test

I want a RM Evo. Been awhile since had the RM on the big track

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Is there any company still making ball diff that matches the anodizing color atomic (better be blue) use before they depart the miniz market? I tried my best to find a atomic ball diff but failed.

Due to my obsession for only using one brand of parts for finishing a build, i find it is really difficult to track certain parts such as the diff, t plates and tie rod. Maybe time to move on to a more sensible PN build as it is the only third party manufacturer I am aware of that still supporting miniz in large quantities.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:43 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
Is there any company still making ball diff that matches the anodizing color atomic (better be blue) use before they depart the miniz market? I tried my best to find a atomic ball diff but failed.

Due to my obsession for only using one brand of parts for finishing a build, i find it is really difficult to track certain parts such as the diff, t plates and tie rod. Maybe time to move on to a more sensible PN build as it is the only third party manufacturer I am aware of that still supporting miniz in large quantities.
Ha.....this is funny, at lunch I was looking at my 90mm car and loved how nothing matches, I have a blue Atomic 2* caster top bar, Reflex silver knuckles, PN9094 gold motor mount, 3Racing blue diff, orange wheel nuts, and Kyosho blue washers. Reminds me of the old VW Golf Harlequin and I am good with that....BTW, this is also how I rolled back in my BMX days, all my friends had to have all the same colored parts on their bikes....any mine looked like a psychedelic trip....

Cheers,
Jim
EMU, zxcvb1t and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:59 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t

Which blue are you referring to? Atomic used 3 different blues... A very dark blue, like Kyosho early on, then a medium and an Ice blue on some parts for a couple years before they pulled out of the mini-z market.

The Reflex diff parts in Ice blue could be closest to that lighter blue, and compatible with Kyosho diff rings. It is a little pricey just for the aluminum bits, but, makes one of the lightest differentials with a lightweight shaft. http://www.reflexracing.net/Reflex-R...Kit-_p_20.html

I will look to see if I have any of the Atomic blue diffs, but I doubt that I do anymore.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EMU
Which blue are you referring to? Atomic used 3 different blues... A very dark blue, like Kyosho early on, then a medium and an Ice blue on some parts for a couple years before they pulled out of the mini-z market.

The Reflex diff parts in Ice blue could be closest to that lighter blue, and compatible with Kyosho diff rings. It is a little pricey just for the aluminum bits, but, makes one of the lightest differentials with a lightweight shaft. Reflex Racing Ultra Light Weight Mini-Z 2WD Diff Kit

I will look to see if I have any of the Atomic blue diffs, but I doubt that I do anymore.
Thanks EMU, im referring to the color ATM used with their version 6 94mm motor mount.
BTW, is the atomic diff ’s spur compatible with kyosho or 3 racing's diff? I picked up a set of atomic 64p spurs and pinions (ar269) and planned to use it with either brand' diff' I mentioned previously.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Ok so to give insight into the situation that had happened with the sensored motor. The issue that happened with the motor not working with the gl and team powers esc seems to be figured out and menson is sending me a brand new motor with sensor wire for it to work and he sent me videos on messenger showing they have figured it out as well. And the motor that gave me hell he said to give it back to microrcsyndicate next time i see him. Now i just have to wait for it to come in the mail.
thats what is considered great customer service because he offered to give a refund to me but i told him i just want it to work that i wasnt looking for a refund.

madweazl, EMU, Byebye and 2 others like this.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EMU
unfortunately the electronics in your RTR are not compatible with the ex6. You can get an ASF board and swap it. The dasmikro clone brushed board is relatively inexpensive and would be the easiest method as long as you are ok soldering the servo components from the original board over to it.
Hi, EMU
Does the clone dasmikro asf board will work too with ex-5ur ASF version transmitter???
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pembalap_amatir
Hi, EMU
Does the clone dasmikro asf board will work too with ex-5ur ASF version transmitter???
Yes it will work with your ASF transmitter.
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.