Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The reason why I'm asking is this ready set sometimes when letting go of the wheel it doesn't go back to center it pulls a little to the right or a little to the left I don't know if it's the transmitter or the servo that comes in the ready set. I can turn it the other way and recenter it and then it works but it's starting to get annoying
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

The reason why I'm asking is this ready set sometimes when letting go of the wheel it doesn't go back to center it pulls a little to the right or a little to the left I don't know if it's the transmitter or the servo that comes in the ready set. I can turn it the other way and recenter it and then it works but it's starting to get annoying
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Sadly, there is no easy method to connect your m17 to miniz unless you redo the entire electronic package. Basically you need to convert it from a one pcb design to speedo ,servo and receiver like those up scale model.

Is there anything binding in your steering linkage? If tie rod is a bit over sized it may rub the slot it is in and caussing centering issue.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Recentering of the servo sounds more mechanical related than anything with the radio.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:06 AM
elk
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Body mount / side clips...

I recently purchased a mint Ferrari F40 MR01 but it is missing the side clips. Does anyone have a good source for the side body mount replacement pieces? I know that .STL files are available, but my 3D printer is at work and I am not. Does anyone have spares or suggestions?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Tire Taping Question

I have read through the posts for the last year plus and looked for You Tubes on the subject but have found no clear answers. Assuming I use Kyosho tire tape. I simply put a layer around the wheel and put the tire on the wheel with the tape still in place??? I saw one video where someone put the tape on and then took it off before he mounted the tire.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aft53
I have read through the posts for the last year plus and looked for You Tubes on the subject but have found no clear answers. Assuming I use Kyosho tire tape. I simply put a layer around the wheel and put the tire on the wheel with the tape still in place??? I saw one video where someone put the tape on and then took it off before he mounted the tire.
That what I do. Tape then tires. With brushed I rarely taped. I’ve done it far more since I started running brushless.

in that video. Did he actually remove the tape. Or just the protective strip?

Now I’ve read that where the tape is on the wheel can be used for tuning. Inside, Middle or outer. But I’m not that sensitive of a driver to be able to tell.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:33 PM
kwt
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Southern Cross
Thanks KWT! So if I got this:

PN Racing Mini-Z V5 LCG 98mm Motor Mount

PN Racing Mini-Z MR02/03 V3 Ceramic Ball Diff. Set

Sorry can't post URLs yet.

I'd be good to go? I don't need a new T-Plate and whatever that thing is at the top that connects the suspension to the rear bit. Sorry for not knowing what everything is but I've been out of the hobby for awhile. Dipping my toes back in...
Those would work and you will need a disk damper for that motor mount.

If you are sticking with the stock kyosho motor I would go with the Kyosho MM2 mount, it has everything you need to convert it except for the diff. It would also be a lot cheaper
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone, hope all are well...or at least as geed as we can be given the current situation.+
tThank you for what looks like an awesome/active thread.
I was able to pick up a couple cars and a new Mini 96 track from someone here locally...Inland Empire,
The Porsche is brand new in the box while the McLaren has a couple mods, 05 carbon T plate and a Kyosho 50T.
Looking to a do what looks to me some of the common mods..Diffs/MM, the Dampener set.
this is what i was told was the next step when bought them..is this true?
Not new to RC (off-road) but definitely to the Mini-Z.
This thread is awesome but long is there somewhere I should start..noticed it was started a while ago.
Should i start at the beginning or would it ok to start somewhere in the middle?
Thank you again and I look forward to joining the community.

AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hailo
Hello everyone, hope all are well...or at least as geed as we can be given the current situation.+
I was able to pick up a couple cars and a new Mini 96 track from someone here locally...Inland Empire,
The Porsche is brand new in the box while the McLaren has a couple mods, 05 carbon T plate and a Kyosho 50T.
Looking to a do what looks to me some of the common mods..Diffs/MM, the Dampener set.
This thread is awesome but long is there somewhere I should start..noticed it was started a while ago.
Should i start at the beginning or would it ok to start somewhere in the middle?
Activity picked up about 2 years ago.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hailo

You might also look at Mini-ZRacer.com forums. They're more finely organized by category, and searchable.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default Mini z garage track

soulstice and AlvBo like this.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

I I built this mini-z track in my garage using low pile indoor outdoor carpet from home Depot and some white plastic pieces entire track costs $110 I'm using the back side of the carpet as it is exactly like ozite and the car drives beautifully on it I flip it over and run the off-road minis with jumps on the rougher side I painted the layout on the carpet using regular latex paint it dries nicely and is extremely flexible so the track rolls up when I'm not using it great way to build the track easy to store takes about 15 minutes to set up did take me two days of cutting the plastic bits they're all held together with velcro so the track comes apart easily I recommend this to anyone who wants to make a nice mini z-track on a budget even just buying the carpet and painting a layout on it is more than enough we've all got to do whatever we can to race
EMU, Traveler2, RCSteveH and 2 others like this.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fat500
I built this mini-z track in my garage using low pile indoor outdoor carpet from home Depot and some white plastic pieces entire track costs $110 I'm using the back side of the carpet as it is exactly like ozite and the car drives beautifully on it I flip it over and run the off-road minis with jumps on the rougher side I painted the layout on the carpet using regular latex paint it dries nicely and is extremely flexible so the track rolls up when I'm not using it great way to build the track easy to store takes about 15 minutes to set up did take me two days of cutting the plastic bits they're all held together with velcro so the track comes apart easily I recommend this to anyone who wants to make a nice mini z-track on a budget even just buying the carpet and painting a layout on it is more than enough we've all got to do whatever we can to race
What are the dimensions? What are the plastic rails from?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

rails are plastic 1 in flat moulding and 1 inch L x 10 ft long. they go on sale for 2$ each. from the lumber and trim isle,,,,,I did have some left over from a previous project to test out as i did the red paint. bought a quart of green and a quart of white. size is 18 x 12. carpet is sold 12 foot wide.carpet was 45$ on sale. took me 3 days to do with about 5 hrs a night. takes 15 min to set it up. paint took the longest. the rails are velcro together. came out wayyy better than i expected. if i did it again I would skip the rails and use a white garden hose filled with sand . the paint really helps you to drive a line and not hit the rails much at all. I recommend this set up to anyone wanting a great track with incredible traction.
NutDriver and AlvBo like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.