Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 12:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeyDay
Howdy Folks. Just throwing in my experience for what its worth (probably less than 2 cents ;-) ) ; I don't currently have the PN setups, but one of my cars is a MR04, and that chassis is so super smooth in its out of the box setup. It's my best running and smoothest car at this early point in my Mini-Z racing career. My Giulia and GLR-GT are technically faster, but in the M96WC, the MR04 is currently the quickest for me because it is so smooth and easy to drive. I'm sure at some point I'll get a PN rig going.
Which motor are you running, out of curiosity?
Old 02-13-2024, 01:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RCHeliGuy101
Which motor are you running, out of curiosity?
I have the 5600 kv motor installed so that I can run it in the M96WC Pro Stock class. I also have the 8500 kv motor, but I pulled it out to meet the Pro Stock class rules.
RCHeliGuy101 likes this.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

anyone here running at hobbytown richmond va track
Old 02-13-2024, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the input Guys! I REALLY don't have the cash to burn, it's more like it's burning a hole in my pocket! I have stuff than needs to get worked on around the house, but the extra $50 or so to get the AA front end vs the upgraded PN Kyosho style won't make a dent. It's the tuner in me that craves it! I know it's not going to make me a super driver or shave a second off my lap times, but like Traveler said it's the precision of it and ease of adjustment that draws me to it. We'll see what the Wife says! LOL
Thanks Again and Take Care! Drew
Old 02-13-2024, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Found my old Honda FIT body

abailey21, Poor_Boy, EMU and 3 others like this.
Old 02-15-2024, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Anyone interested in buying this? Brand new, never used except for the MMR blue trays

Kyosho MR-03VE Pro with Controller $450

Old 02-15-2024, 07:11 AM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fat500
anyone here running at hobbytown richmond va track
Thats me.

BoxxerBoyDrew likes this.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bxclip
Has a gone used or have this? The idea sounds good. iMess up batteries using a flat head to remove them any other ideas? Battery remover

i finally got mine. I suggest anyone to get this. Quick removal and dont damage batteries.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I missed the half off sale, but has anyone tried the firma 8a sensored BL combo in a mini-z or micro onroad?
Old 02-27-2024, 01:16 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdog4w
I missed the half off sale, but has anyone tried the firma 8a sensored BL combo in a mini-z or micro onroad?
Based on the Amazon reviews, I would steer clear of it. Looks like a poor unit, and 8A is not enough for racing purposes. Even 16A is on the light end, especially now that the higher end units are 30A.
nielsm likes this.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by EMU
Based on the Amazon reviews, I would steer clear of it. Looks like a poor unit, and 8A is not enough for racing purposes. Even 16A is on the light end, especially now that the higher end units are 30A.
I agree. That Spektrum unit seems built for micro crawlers, not racing. I've had a good experience with the Hobbywing EZRun MINI28 brushless combos; my only complaint with those are the motor diameter is a bit bigger than others and fitment with larger pinions has been an issue with my GL Racing rigs. But there's so much power in the Hobbywing setups, I've found a large pinion hasn't been needed.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So I just got back into Mini-z racing after a 9 year pause , seems like not a whole lot changed except for more aftermarket non Kyosho chassis and lexan body (which I think is sad since Mini-Z best feature I think was how good the Autoscale looked)

With that said , my memory faded when it came to motor pod and wheelbase compatibility. I found this chart :

But I also found that MM2 is a thing and so is MML , LML ? Whats the ''2'' , whats the ''L'' ?

Like this MM2 motor pod : MM2

or this MML motor pod : MML

I also heard that you nee a MML friction damper to go with the MML pod ?

Im a little confused by all this info and it doesnt seem like there`s a place where all this info is available and up to date ? Back then I used Mini-Z Guide but doesn't seem up to date anymore.

Thanks for the help!
RogueIV likes this.
Old 04-22-2024, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warracer
So I just got back into Mini-z racing after a 9 year pause , seems like not a whole lot changed except for more aftermarket non Kyosho chassis and lexan body (which I think is sad since Mini-Z best feature I think was how good the Autoscale looked)

With that said , my memory faded when it came to motor pod and wheelbase compatibility. I found this chart :

But I also found that MM2 is a thing and so is MML , LML ? Whats the ''2'' , whats the ''L'' ?

Like this MM2 motor pod : MM2

or this MML motor pod : MML

I also heard that you nee a MML friction damper to go with the MML pod ?

Im a little confused by all this info and it doesnt seem like there`s a place where all this info is available and up to date ? Back then I used Mini-Z Guide but doesn't seem up to date anymore.

Thanks for the help!
The "2" in MM2 is to differentiate it from the original MM motor mount, which is primarily for 98mm, but can go longer. The MM2 is primarily for 94mm, but can go longer. It first came out in plastic (MZ217) on some of the EVO chassis and incorporated a disk damper system, and later in alloy with a CF disk damper. Motor sits a little higher than other aftermarket 94mm MM mounts like PN, so not the best choice.

The "L" in MML stand for Low and the description in the link you posted reads "This motor mount is for the MR-03W MM type (wheelbase 98mm), and the motor is mounted lower than the standard position." As the description also says, this mount is 4mm wider than standard MM mounts, so you need the longer LM diffs and need to reduce the rear wheel offsets by 2mm on each side to get the same rear track width. Because of the low motor position, it is a very good mount if you are running Kyosho motors (brushed or brushless) that don't have the mounting holes for the aftermarket mounts. I run it on 3 different cars, 2 98mm with R246-1356 disk damper and 1 102mm with discontinued R246-1222 disk damper.

Hope this helps!
EMU, warracer and HeyDay like this.