Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 06:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can say I’ve yet to see the Jomurema body get stuck against rails. Just bounces off them.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:41 AM
Tech Prophet

I’ll try to get a video up tonight. Installed the damper yesterday. It’s different. Had some severe traction roll at first. Then again with brand new tires. Took about 50-60 laps for the new tires to get right. Best for night was 9.3. From previous 9.9. I’m setting a target for 9.5-9.7 average with 30 laps.
EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Update on my MR-02.
The steering issue has been resolved. The black steering motor wire had enough exposed insulation where it had touched a component directly behind the pad. I gently bent the wire just a little and cut a real tiny piece of electrical tape and placed it in there to have a good mechanical barrier between everything.
Next the batteries. I have an ISDT N8 which I tried for the first time. It was set to charge/activation so it discharged and then recharged them. The charger said 99% as I got to the races but on my 3rd approximately 100 second oval heat, they died on me. Does anyone else use this charger and if so any recommended tips? The batteries are 1000mah tenergy and did them at .3 amp which now I realize it should have been .8-1A.
Luckily I had some PN750's which made the car feel much faster. Speed has been an issue on the oval, being a few tenths off pace from everyone else. The increase in speed for some reason did not realize any gains in lap times. Bummer! We all use the 7t pinion to keep it even so gearing change is out of the equation. Any other things to look for?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:54 AM
Tech Prophet

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:46 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I picked up an MR-03 Evo. Will the PN V4 pod work on my car and with the 5600kv motor? And will the PN chassis work or no?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dan
I picked up an MR-03 Evo. Will the PN V4 pod work on my car and with the 5600kv motor? And will the PN chassis work or no?
The pod and the motor will work fine. I'm sure the PN chassis would work fine too, just not sure about new EVO board configuration, and how/where the rx part goes.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've seen a few people on FB with the Evo/PN combo. Not sure how they're keeping the receiver on the board though. You could probably just wrap it with shrink tubing or something.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

EMU I didn't realize you already had used the BIgMac...I'm sure you know what you're doing...showem how its done in SS

Originally Posted by Dan
You won't be able to use the 5600 with LCG V4 since that motor has no screw holes for mounting. some people are able to drill and thread those holes, just FYI.

Here's pics of the fastert HFAY driver who posted his car with EVO board installed on PN chassis...I'm not sure but maybe he has a double sided foam between the rx and chassis visible on the top pic?

AlvBo likes this.

Last edited by mugler; 03-17-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mugler
You won't be able to use the 5600 with LCG V4 since that motor has no screw holes for mounting. some people are able to drill and thread those holes, just FYI.
Right. When I saw "5600", I immediately thought of my setup that uses that mount, but the PN 5500 motor, which has screw holes.
mugler and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:55 PM
Tech Prophet

So, I’m getting to the point where I’m considering no longer waiting for Kyosho to release the receiver I’ve planned to use. While I didn’t like the controller during a try awhile back. I’m open to reconsidering that. Questions. Do they have regular receivers, for 1/10 I’ve seen MiniZ sold with out controller. Would they work with this? I’ve tried to look it up. But the alphabet soup of letters Kyosho uses I struggle to follow.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:59 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

EMU I didn't realize you already had used the BIgMac...I'm sure you know what you're doing...showem how its done in SS

Here's pics of the fastert HFAY driver who posted his car with EVO board installed on PN chassis...I'm not sure but maybe he has a double sided foam between the rx and chassis visible on the top pic?

Arthur placed servo tape between rx and main PCB.

I have used just about all of the older mini-z bodies for at least a test to see how it handles... waiting on a few of the newer ones.

Billy, kyosho uses a proprietary interface between the main board and esc, so unlikely that any non kyosho rx will work. I had placed an order for an evo pcb and asf rx in hope to get it before the PN race. I got an email back there next day saying they were backordered and expected delivery the first week in April. They had the FHSS RX listed as well, so I am expecting that it should hit shelves around the same time.
mugler and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yep, correct, that's double stick tape holding the receiver to the main board. I found that the 3M outdoor mounting tape (grey) is just about the correct thickness. Has been working fine.
mugler, EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:59 AM
Tech Prophet

EMU. kyosho uses a proprietary interface between the main board and esc, so unlikely that any non kyosho rx will work. I had placed an order for an evo pcb and asf rx in hope to get it before the PN race. ///////////I figured it wouldn’t. It saw the KO name listed on the box. I’d prefer the KT-531. Just getting tired of waiting. Though I’m getting feeling that out MiniZ racing is going to be extended. And that they guys are planning something.

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

I haven’t seen the KT-432 receiver here in Japan as well. We have plenty of EX-6R and 7PX however. I gave up on waiting so I picked up an EX-6R so my 432 is just collecting dust.
AlvBo likes this.

Last edited by xkylar; 03-18-2019 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Details
Old 03-18-2019, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

It sounds like if their plan was to sell out the remaining ex-6r stock then it is working. I got tired of waiting and bought 3 of them also.
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.