Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 05:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

EMU, 2112troy, MTseo and 1 others like this.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:31 AM
Tech Rookie

That looks awesome
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by dinohobby
That looks awesome
It is. A year ago I’d never imagine racing these.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:33 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Billy.....You are getting quick for sure.

Nice work.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Made a decision this morning. If goes right my Evo(s) will be running this weekend.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Made a decision this morning. If goes right my Evo(s) will be running this weekend.
Did you go with the ex-6r transmitter? Although it is not the one I wanted to begin with I am glad I got them. It is really easy to change the settings, much easier than my spektrum dx5c.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by MTseo
Did you go with the ex-6r transmitter? Although it is not the one I wanted to begin with I am glad I got them. It is really easy to change the settings, much easier than my spektrum dx5c.
I bought the one I posted the picture of few posts earlier. Ex-6. Never really found the need to adjust settings much. In two summers of 1/10 racing, only my F1 has a setting change that’s controller based. The other cars I’ve adjusted the esc. . But I’m just tried of waiting. Plus I’m getting the feeling that they are going to extend MiniZ racing into summer. And may have something else in the plans. So figured take a chance. If I don’t like this controller I can always switch to the simple one in future.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I wish I could take the plunge and buy the ko proppo radio. I'm stuck waiting for Kyosho to release the sanwa receivers whenever that may be, and I'll still need to buy an EVO chassis to boot. These little minis start to cost major dollars lol
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I wish I could take the plunge and buy the ko proppo radio. I'm stuck waiting for Kyosho to release the sanwa receivers whenever that may be, and I'll still need to buy an EVO chassis to boot. These little minis start to cost major dollars lol
Good luck on that.

MiniZ can cost as much as you want. I stayed away from it for years due to what I’d heard they were spending on them. But I’ve been fine with my basic rtrs for most part. Not including tires, I’ve spent about $40-50 on my RM Porsche that I’ve been racing. Most have spent more on their controller then I have on my cars.

Now what you do need to avoid is the body buying addiction that is common for MiniZ owners. There are more then a few in the Facebook group that have gone out of control. 4-5-10 bodies a week. And they will never use them. Just display them.

EMU, EbbTide and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:36 PM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Now what you do need to avoid is the body buying addiction that is common for MiniZ owners. There are more then a few in the Facebook group that have gone out of control. 4-5-10 bodies a week. And they will never use them. Just display them.

Don't get me wrong, I love some of the bodies that Kyosho has offered and have accumulated my fair share. I enjoy spending the time to paint and detail them (most of the time) and I enjoy setting up a chassis to a certain length so I can run bodies of that wheelbase. What I don't get is buying a bunch of bodies at one time just to display them. I know there are many different facets to the hobby but I personally do not get the whole idea of having a hundred different bodies that will never see one lap on a track because they are concerned that it will diminish the value of the body. The other week when I had my SWB car at 86MM and put the 935 body on it I received a PM from a guy on Facebook who told me I just ruined the value of that body because I ran it.

Cheers,
Jim

Cheers,
Jim
EMU, 2112troy, Billy Kelly and 1 others like this.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

I bought the one I posted the picture of few posts earlier. Ex-6. Never really found the need to adjust settings much. In two summers of 1/10 racing, only my F1 has a setting change that’s controller based. The other cars I’ve adjusted the esc. . But I’m just tried of waiting. Plus I’m getting the feeling that they are going to extend MiniZ racing into summer. And may have something else in the plans. So figured take a chance. If I don’t like this controller I can always switch to the simple one in future.
Another option to the EX-6 or EX-6R that doesn't get mentioned often would be a KO Propo EX-2 in its various flavors. The standard edition (I think still being sold) can be found for $250, this is the radio I've been using for a couple years. As long as you don't need ASF for the older MR-03's, the EX-2 does Mini-Z MHS (VE-Pro and EVO) as well as KO Propo FHSS so you can buy separate receivers for it to run 1/10 scale etc.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LJH
Don't get me wrong, I love some of the bodies that Kyosho has offered and have accumulated my fair share. I enjoy spending the time to paint and detail them (most of the time) and I enjoy setting up a chassis to a certain length so I can run bodies of that wheelbase. What I don't get is buying a bunch of bodies at one time just to display them. I know there are many different facets to the hobby but I personally do not get the whole idea of having a hundred different bodies that will never see one lap on a track because they are concerned that it will diminish the value of the body. The other week when I had my SWB car at 86MM and put the 935 body on it I received a PM from a guy on Facebook who told me I just ruined the value of that body because I ran it.

Cheers,
Jim

Cheers,
Jim
Yup, hundreds of them.lol
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Can I use Elmer’s glue for the tires instead of tape? Also, is there a rule on how thin the tires before it needs to be replaced?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by xkylar
Can I use Elmer’s glue for the tires instead of tape? Also, is there a rule on how thin the tires before it needs to be replaced?
I don’t think it would work. I don’t tape my tires at this point. Though that may change in future.

As for how thin the tires can be. Don’t know of a minimum. My brushless Jomurema has very thin tires. But there is a point where traction will fade.
2112troy, xkylar and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Well I guessed right. We are going to keep running through summer. They posted the announcement overnight. Unfortunately I think it will be in place of our summer 1/10 racing. I’ll have to find out about that.
EMU and AlvBo like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.