Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 06:15 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Billy, looks like you made some good progress today... Great to see the progression through the heats.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EMU
Billy, looks like you made some good progress today... Great to see the progression through the heats.
Think I’ll move to to 8T next time. Biggest problem I’ve got with the Porsche is a rear hit, or tap at the night angle will pop the body off.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

There is no excuse for a body becoming dislodged. Something as simple as cellophane tape will stop it. Two short pieces from the body to the chassis at the body clip junction will stop it. Just don't make it too tight as it will affect chassis flex and handling. Once the body is mounted on the chassis just wrap the tape from the lower part of the body onto the chassis. There are other methods but they require a great deal of skill and patience to keep from ruining the body. Actually more patience and caution than skill.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mleemor60
There is no excuse for a body becoming dislodged. Something as simple as cellophane tape will stop it. Two short pieces from the body to the chassis at the body clip junction will stop it. Just don't make it too tight as it will affect chassis flex and handling. Once the body is mounted on the chassis just wrap the tape from the lower part of the body onto the chassis. There are other methods but they require a great deal of skill and patience to keep from ruining the body. Actually more patience and caution than skill.
Think it was 3 times in final round my body was knocked off. At least 2/3 other times during the day. Was suggested a rubber band, but could see that possibility getting caught. I’ll have to try both.

Its a common thing in all of our classes.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The rubber band will not work!! When the suspension compresses it will catch the band and it will wind up in the rear suspension/ gears/ rotating mass and your race will be over. The only thing the rubber band is good for is creating tension around the dismounted body as you gradually apply heat from a heat gun to soften the SIDES of the body so that they will get a better purchase on the body clips when cooled and mounted. This is best done prior to installing the windows as they will melt much sooner than the body. If it is a finished body then apply the heat slower and lower on the body sides.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mleemor60
The rubber band will not work!! When the suspension compresses it will catch the band and it will wind up in the rear suspension/ gears/ rotating mass and your race will be over. The only thing the rubber band is good for is creating tension around the dismounted body as you gradually apply heat from a heat gun to soften the SIDES of the body so that they will get a better purchase on the body clips when cooled and mounted. This is best done prior to installing the windows as they will melt much sooner than the body. If it is a finished body then apply the heat slower and lower on the body sides.
ok, scratch the rubber band idea. Tape it will be. March 3rd will be next race
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Is there a huge benefit in using a gyro when racing on RCP track or carpet? How much gyro gain is recommended if I was to use one?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by xkylar
Is there a huge benefit in using a gyro when racing on RCP track or carpet? How much gyro gain is recommended if I was to use one?
I’ve only seen them used in video. I personally don’t think there needed. Don’t think most groups would allow it used for racing.

xkylar and AlvBo like this.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:19 AM
EMU
Tech Master

When I did tests with the gyro many years ago (MR02 ASF), I was considerably faster without the gyro. I removed it, and never installed one again. I see no benefit for myself.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:25 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

I’ve only seen them used in video. I personally don’t think there needed. Don’t think most groups would allow it used for racing.

I am with Billy, it may help you to start but then I think it will hinder you in getting fast lap times. Have been flying and driving all sorts of RC for 30 years I personally feel the only place a gyro should be used is on a helo and multi-copters (I do not like the word drone).

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-21-2019, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Can I drop in a X Speed V motor in a MR03 rear wheel drive? I bought a car that had a gyro in it and I could not tell if it was even working. I just un hook it.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:35 PM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoryRC
Can I drop in a X Speed V motor in a MR03 rear wheel drive? I bought a car that had a gyro in it and I could not tell if it was even working. I just un hook it.
it is the “RWD” and not a sport correct? If so you should be fine. I have 1000’s of laps on a MR03 RWD with a Atomic 48T
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:41 PM
EMU
Tech Master

X-speed should be fine in the RWD.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default EX6r settings

Hi all,

​​​​Last year I bought a EX6r radio and upgraded my Sports mini Zs to ASF and MHS?(vePro board). Anyway, I was worried I wouldn't notice the difference because I am a mediocre driver (currently middle of the pack HFAY, but looking to improve).

I can safely say I love this radio and the improved response, but I am always looking at all the buttons and options and I don't use any of it. I set the trim, subtrim and throttle using the MC3 book as a guide and my own preferences, and I don't use anything else. Anyone else find any of the features of this radio useful? I am the only one in my local group that upgraded my radio, so I am on my own with this.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TPDazzle
Hi all,

​​​​Last year I bought a EX6r radio and upgraded my Sports mini Zs to ASF and MHS?(vePro board). Anyway, I was worried I wouldn't notice the difference because I am a mediocre driver (currently middle of the pack HFAY, but looking to improve).

I can safely say I love this radio and the improved response, but I am always looking at all the buttons and options and I don't use any of it. I set the trim, subtrim and throttle using the MC3 book as a guide and my own preferences, and I don't use anything else. Anyone else find any of the features of this radio useful? I am the only one in my local group that upgraded my radio, so I am on my own with this.
You can change end points for the throttle to limit power if your car is over powered, you can adjust dual rate by adjusting steering travel. You can adjust exponential on the steering or throttle with the dynamic setting. A negative curve makes it more numb off center and ramps up aggressively towards the end of the travel.

Your improvement could also be from purely the ergonomics of the transmitter. The steering tension, throttle pull and position and weight of your hands makes you drive better just by being more comfortable.
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.