Like Tree7777Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 08:35 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LJH
In my research I think all of these RM's need a triangle plate to hold the dampener post, I am up in VT or I would post a picture of my set-up. I went with the Atomic AR220 mount and the Kyosho MZ216 dampener, I got lucky and found the two really cheap and paid like $27 shipped for both. I like the Atomic dampener better as it gives you the ability to adjust ride height. As for the CG not sure but the motor is pretty darn low. The dampener is fine, it does not come with different springs but you can shim it and adjust the tension which does change the feel somewhat. I just did a quick look and you can find the mount at TinyRC (Atomic ATO-AR220 - Atomic Mini-Z Alloy Motor Pod for RM DPS - 90mm WB - Blue - Motor Mount - Handling and Suspension...) but I could not find the dampener but I did not look very hard. I also believe that EMU is working on or has a plate he is printing.

I am finding part of the fun of the Mini-Z and searching the web for that NOS part, it is amazing what you can find if you dig deep enough and very often at really cheap prices.

Cheers,
Jim
I have a special surprise for your 90mm car in the care package

I love searching for NOS parts, but sometimes there is no availability.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:46 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EMU
I have a special surprise for your 90mm car in the care package

I love searching for NOS parts, but sometimes there is no availability.
Sweet....It is funny, I just seem to be gravitating towards 90MM bodies and loving them.

Digging around and seeing what use to be offered by tuners for the Mini-Z is pretty amazing.....There was a lot of stuff out there over the years.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, it's kind of funny, I have a short list of discontinued and unavailable items that I still keep searching for, hoping that one day I find some shop that happens to have a dusty old package in the back. My holy grail items:

• The Kyosho or Qtec bumper for the Porsche 962
• The Atomic AR-265 DPS, the disk damper for their 90mm MM (see picture)
• The Levitezer magnetic front suspension
• Certain aluminum wheel sets from obscure japanese/chinese brands in the correct offsets

And I'll grab almost any Ferrari 458 body if I see one.

EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:24 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by superfly05
Yeah, it's kind of funny, I have a short list of discontinued and unavailable items that I still keep searching for, hoping that one day I find some shop that happens to have a dusty old package in the back. My holy grail items:

• The Kyosho or Qtec bumper for the Porsche 962
• The Atomic AR-265 DPS, the disk damper for their 90mm MM (see picture)
• The Levitezer magnetic front suspension
• Certain aluminum wheel sets from obscure japanese/chinese brands in the correct offsets

And I'll grab almost any Ferrari 458 body if I see one.

I'm in the same boat... I have a short list of parts that I would buy the instant that I see them available. 458 is on it... but im not willing to pay what the collectors market wants for one.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:47 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EMU
I'm in the same boat... I have a short list of parts that I would buy the instant that I see them available. 458 is on it... but im not willing to pay what the collectors market wants for one.
I dug deep for that dampener as well when I was doing my rear mount, I keep my eyes open for an Atomic AR265 (IIRC) for a 90MM MM.

I have been keeping my eyes open for a 458, preferably a white body, and I would love to find a Ford Focus body but as EMU said I am not paying big money for them....I had to have a 935 and when one came up at $55 I did snag it.....it looks so good on the track.....

Cheers,
Jim
EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:02 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LJH
I dug deep for that dampener as well when I was doing my rear mount, I keep my eyes open for an Atomic AR265 (IIRC) for a 90MM MM.

I have been keeping my eyes open for a 458, preferably a white body, and I would love to find a Ford Focus body but as EMU said I am not paying big money for them....I had to have a 935 and when one came up at $55 I did snag it.....it looks so good on the track.....

Cheers,
Jim
I've been looking for a focus for 10+ years. Would love to get a real Audi TT as well. I have a non kyosho TT, found on a cheap arcade toy RC that I won. It used kyosho style mounts too. It was one of my favorite cars at the time that I had used it.

I really like 90mm classes. We run one, and it is mostly dominated by the GT1 and f40. The f355 is another great choice for it. I haven't tried the TT in at least 12 years.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Mr03 ve pro

Hi how are you? I need your help. I have mr03 ve pro unit and I want to know if I can play brushed motor with this unit and how .
thank you
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:03 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sotirisn12
Hi how are you? I need your help. I have mr03 ve pro unit and I want to know if I can play brushed motor with this unit and how .
thank you
these do not have brushed functionality. Only the new evo can operate brushed/brushless.
Kremzeek and AlvBo like this.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TPDazzle
I am building a 90 mm car and I planned on using the PN mm 90 mount. I looked for the RM mount you spoke of and found pn 10045M, but it looks like this is not the complete mount. (I don't see any way to mount the damper post). Do you have any more info about the PN rm?

My friend has the xpower RM and he loves it because you can change wheelbases without swapping t-plates and it is a very lightweight well- machined part. He has a very fast Gt1. However, it is expensive ($60), and I have read about people having trouble getting parts from xpower lately.

It will work with kyosho part # MZW216 if you can find it.

or

you can use a cut t-bar as a spring post perch which will seat on top of the 2 cylindrical spacers and from there line it up with PN or other brand damper system parts.I'll post a pic if i find the parts i put together.

BTW that mount at 86mm & the MZW216 is the best i've run across personally.

EDIT:
I re-read your original post...all info above are good but Im talking about a different mount all together not the one discussed above...look for reconfigurable in the description and to get it to 90mm you'll need additional parts, for help an stock info contact Phillip at PN..
TPDazzle and AlvBo like this.

Last edited by mugler; 02-14-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well it now looks like those 4 quick runs were due to new tires. Not batteries. Tried 3 sets now in both fresh charge, and how I had been charging and using later. No change in times. What I do find depressing is that the new tires only showed improvement for 65 laps. Then they drop off. The next 500 laps, even fastest laps were slower then the average for the first 65.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Is the wheelbase adjustable on the new EVO? The site says 98 only while the older VE lists 3 possible lengths.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:36 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xkylar
Is the wheelbase adjustable on the new EVO? The site says 98 only while the older VE lists 3 possible lengths.
the evo is an mr03. The only physical differences are the upper electronics/servo cover and upper arm hinge tower bar. It is capable of the same wheelbases as every other mr03, but does not come with multiple rear pods to be able to do all wheelbases out of the box like the VE could.

The narrow 5600kv can do 94-102mm out of the box with the inclusion of the mz217 MM2 mount. Which, I feel is the most usable chassis of the evo's that were released. The MM2 offers a lot more versatility to the mr03 compared to the MM or RM configurations.
mugler, xkylar and AlvBo like this.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Night practice. Been long time since been out on a Friday night
Old 02-16-2019, 04:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Looking st LiveRC for results from last night. The FWD and the Mclaren long tail were similar best laps in the 10.5. The RM and Jomurema ran best of 9.7/9.6. Again saw no difference with freshly charged batteries vs ones I’d charged earlier.

The RM mr03 was running into traction roll. The Jomurema was probably the best it’s ever run. Unfortunately didn’t not get the mod Jomurema out. Found it to be missing a motor screw. Hopefully Sunday.

edit.

I think I’m now the “ backmarker from Hell” Just went through last nights video. I was only brushed running with mod cars. Through the bends I’m good. Just get killed in straight.
AlvBo likes this.

Last edited by Billy Kelly; 02-16-2019 at 05:42 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

I think I’m now the “ backmarker from Hell” Just went through last nights video. I was only brushed running with mod cars. Through the bends I’m good. Just get killed in straight.
Sounds like its time for a motor upgrade!
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.