Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini "M" Spec / Mini Modified

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Everyone is correct in their own words. One thing is very obvious though. If three guys want to race by the rules that Gabe laid out what is to stop them. Are you guys saying that 3 can't make a class any more? I really don't understand what the big deal is about starting a spec mini class. Three makes a class.

I think Gabe just called it mod to be more open and inclusive like you all wanted but you can call it what ever you want.

Why is every one so hung up on the splitting the class thing. If that is the such a concern then why we don't we just make it one class.

You can say what you want but at the end of the day three makes a class.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I'm sad it has come to this too. I will wear my catchers mask and softball glove to marshal, or do I need my goal keepers gloves?
What is there to be sad about? We are expand and adding another class.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

sounds like someone got fast and others might not like it,, changing rules at the end of the year really has no point.. need to set rules in the begining of the year or begining of a new class not towards the end.. this and a few other reasons is why i am not indoors racing.. jeremy
Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
sounds like someone got fast and others might not like it,, changing rules at the end of the year really has no point.. need to set rules in the begining of the year or begining of a new class not towards the end.. this and a few other reasons is why i am not indoors racing.. jeremy
That is not the case Mr. Whiting. The interest for a spec mini class has always been there. It was never allowed to run. Enough is enough. What is the big deal any way. Stop making it a bigger deal than it really is. There are not rule changes. We are just adding another class.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys. I have a few things I would like to say as a guy that is probably never going to compete with the "fast" crew no matter what motor i have. I understand that people can get upset by others having an unfair advantage by having a 21.5 (which is supposed to be "equal" to a silver can )and then the timing gets jacked to the point where it needs Ritalin, but I for one don't want to split the class. I love the competition in the class,. I don't understand why we can't, for the sake of the class, limit it to 21.5 with no timing? If you need something to go faster than poop than run mod sedan or F1. I thought the whole point of the mini class was to make it about the driver and not the equipment. Stan asked what I had in my car on Sun. and said it looked like a rocket. I just have the motor from the kit in it. That being said, if you put my car in the hands of an accomplished driver, the 21.5s with the timing jacked, would kick the crap out of it. I don't know, I mean I don't want to discourage anyone from racing but I just would like to see the mini class stay more of a spec type class than a mod sedan money war. Plus, I love blocking when I run against Vue, Stan, and Wildebeest and I know they love getting around me! I just haven't felt this excited about racing and I don't want that feeling to go away.......

Thanks for listening

Last edited by Generaljake; 04-17-2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 04-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v_squared
That is not the case Mr. Whiting. The interest for a spec mini class has always been there. It was never allowed to run. Enough is enough. What is the big deal any way. Stop making it a bigger deal than it really is. There are not rule changes. We are just adding another class.
if you keep spliting classes then you only run against a few cars each and every week.. whats fun with that? one class 12 cars.. 2 classes migh be 3-9 or 6-6.. no fun everyone is in the "a" main.. no challenge
Old 04-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is what happens when the rules are not rules and just guide lines. So here we are again. Back at square one.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

if you keep spliting classes then you only run against a few cars each and every week.. whats fun with that? one class 12 cars.. 2 classes migh be 3-9 or 6-6.. no fun everyone is in the "a" main.. no challenge
Again by that logic we should run all of the cars in a single class. Everyone was so worried about starting an F1 and Mini class because it would hurt the program but that has not been the case. The program is growing.

Hopefully we will have a Le Mans class soon.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just out of curiosity, is it the fast guys that want to do mod mini? Or are they wanting to do spec mini? I would want to run whatever the fast guys (or majority) are running.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

I want to run whatever has the best combination of good tight racing and the most economical.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rowdygiff
I want to run whatever has the best combination of good tight racing and the most economical.
That can be accomplish by following the rules Gabe laid out. There is not better and tighter racing than mini at TCS.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JordanCatalano
Just out of curiosity, is it the fast guys that want to do mod mini? Or are they wanting to do spec mini? I would want to run whatever the fast guys (or majority) are running.
I guess we will see on Sunday which is the majority. For me I will fill in where it makes sense.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v_squared
What is there to be sad about? We are expand and adding another class.
One large skill over equipmemt class was/is good. Granted in racing the goal is always to go as fast as equipment will allow within the rules. I'm not angry, whining or upset. I am just worried that the originally intended/posted class will dissolve. We can add classes, but which class are we robbing from to create it? I know I have been absent and can't control that, but I feel it would be a better goal to have 2 to 3 heats of 3 classes than to have 6 classes with 3 cars. Yes, 3 makes a race and always will, but does not foster competition. At this point I will put the silver can in the car, glue up my Tamiya tires and have my M06 ready for stock as that will be the better class to support for the club. No more arguments here.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
At this point I will put the silver can in the car, glue up my Tamiya tires and have my M06 ready for stock as that will be the better class to support for the club. No more arguments here.
Now that is the attitude to have.

Ok, I will be ready for all classes, mod sedan, mod mini, spec mini, f1, vta and le mans. I will try to support as many classes as possible.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

5 people got fast, and they don't like it...
A few people showed up with rocket launchers to a knife fight.

Issue 1:
It was a 'tamiya mini class' then people started buying minis that were not tamiya, 10x better, 4wd, and expected to race, with the tamyia minis...

Issue 2:
It's a gearing limited and there's a 'motor of the week' syndrom going on right now.... It may be the $35 HK motor now, but next week it will be the uber $150 hand built motor....

Minis are fun to drive slow, not so much when they are doing mach2 and rattling appart down the strait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.