Tamiya Asia Cup Qualifying Series 2006

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 08:46 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by sim600
Hi gang,

Sounds like everyone's in the GT race.
Anybody in the buggy race?
I'm interested in that and it'll be my first race ever but haven't bought the gear yet.

Can't wait to see your shops, Chee Yong and jets. I think my wife will be wondering why we're be doing all our family shopping at 1U all of a sudden.

I'll be running buggy.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Viper1,
how are you? still remember me? just wondering how was Malaysia Rc going on? do you guy try this three motor amature already?

Last edited by Guo Chean; 07-12-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tornado
I'll be running buggy.
Hey, cool! Seeya then.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Tamiya TAC

count me in too mr sim600 & tornado! Lets go BUGGY!Hopefully nothing else comes up unexpectedly for me during that race day! has been away from the track for a long long time....only bashing at the construction site at home with the blue thingy color Rising Storm

nak join GT class manyak takut lorrr...some of the who is who EP drivers are already in.... hopefully can get the TA-05 soon and bash it. nak masuk TT-01 class, a bit sayang cos' definitely the TA-05 is a better chasssis. see how it goes lah this coming March... definitely a welcome sight to see so many interested parties, mostly the newcomers in the RC!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:16 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by MTX3-B
count me in too mr sim600 & tornado! Lets go BUGGY!Hopefully nothing else comes up unexpectedly for me during that race day! has been away from the track for a long long time....only bashing at the construction site at home with the blue thingy color Rising Storm

nak join GT class manyak takut lorrr...some of the who is who EP drivers are already in.... hopefully can get the TA-05 soon and bash it. nak masuk TT-01 class, a bit sayang cos' definitely the TA-05 is a better chasssis. see how it goes lah this coming March... definitely a welcome sight to see so many interested parties, mostly the newcomers in the RC!
Well, mine.............I have finished assembling it ...............electronics not in yet, body shell (Gravel Hound) still naked, don't worry, I'll be ready for the race.

Old 02-17-2006, 02:17 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by sim600
Hey, cool! Seeya then.
Yeap !! seeya on race day. ::

Old 02-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default money

i have to give my opinion on this,the issue about a 10 year veteran bullying a 6 year old is not the question.as i understand the stock class is created to give newcomers a chance to compete fairly, not just new comers, but those financially challenged also(like me).the point is with the kit motors,even if you buy all the options parts to upgrade your tt-01 or tb02,you are not going to gain any significant advantage over a less hopped up car,thats the point, to also keep the cost of racing low,so that the have nots have a chance to get better position on the grid.if lets say a veteran with lots of money joins the class and hops up like mad, with the same batteries and the same motors and tyres..is he going to get far?i dont think so.this is what we are seeing now in the open modified class.those who can afford the best stuff,the latest cars,chargers and batteries,motors,radio are winning the best spots.(of course they can drive also).so if a "veteran" wants to join in,let him join,at least until he graduates from the class.then bump him up to GT classat the end of the season.if he wants to continue from there,to buy another car(a ta-05) perhaps, then he can.if he thinks its too much cash,than stop racing.thats it.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by alcyon
i have to give my opinion on this,the issue about a 10 year veteran bullying a 6 year old is not the question.as i understand the stock class is created to give newcomers a chance to compete fairly, not just new comers, but those financially challenged also(like me).the point is with the kit motors,even if you buy all the options parts to upgrade your tt-01 or tb02,you are not going to gain any significant advantage over a less hopped up car,thats the point, to also keep the cost of racing low,so that the have nots have a chance to get better position on the grid.if lets say a veteran with lots of money joins the class and hops up like mad, with the same batteries and the same motors and tyres..is he going to get far?i dont think so.this is what we are seeing now in the open modified class.those who can afford the best stuff,the latest cars,chargers and batteries,motors,radio are winning the best spots.(of course they can drive also).so if a "veteran" wants to join in,let him join,at least until he graduates from the class.then bump him up to GT classat the end of the season.if he wants to continue from there,to buy another car(a ta-05) perhaps, then he can.if he thinks its too much cash,than stop racing.thats it.
Make senses...
Old 02-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

is there any chance 1 of the races will b held outside KL?
quite interested...might s well borrow fren's chassis
Old 02-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by alcyon
Well said. I think that since the Tamiya race is making a come back this year. And this stock class is designed mainly to attract newcomers to the hobby. I think that it would be fair if seniors take part in it. Just leave the beginers' class to beginers. No point showing up in stock class fully hopup a TT-01 and beat the hell out of a beginner just because he don't have the money to hopup OR because of his lack of experience, do not know what to hopup.

Anyway, i think that the term 'a full grown man beating up a 6 year old' just won't make the point. How bout 'a full grown man bashing up a handicapped person?'. No matter whether you're not a sponsored driver or you think that you're not an expert. But if you're an experience RC driver and have a few years of experience and have been hanging out with the big boys in the track racing for a few years. You're just not a beginner anymore. Of course, according to the rules, you're still eligible to sign up for stock class. But then again, what's the point if you win? Your experience in driving and setting up the car is far far superior than a newbie.

Just my 2 cents. Sorry if i offended anyone here.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Hiwatari
is there any chance 1 of the races will b held outside KL?
quite interested...might s well borrow fren's chassis
you better get TB-02 or TA04/05 I'll not give you borrow my TB-02

Terimaaa kasiiihhhh

Last edited by Calsonic; 02-18-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
Hi Viper1,
how are you? still remember me? just wondering how was Malaysia Rc going on? do you guy try this three motor amature already?
Yo Mike,

How are u man? Sorry for the late response i was away at the TITC event and just returned. the first two armatures are not available here the last one are a slanted cut comm. I am currently using the checkpoint motors and i am pretty happy with it so far. I got a chance to test the Velocity 4.5R at TITC and i would strongly recomend it. It is one wicked motor and the GTB is also a great ESC.

Cheers
Old 02-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Chee Yong,

Just had a look at the price of Tamiya bearings on the net for comparison and they're mostly being sold at USD10 for a set of 2!

I have some old Tamiya 1150 bearings from 20 years ago on my Grasshopper. Can I use those instead if I run a DF-02 in buggy?

If not, I'll need to find a set of Tamiya bushings for it I think (if I can afford those).

Thanks.

Sim
Old 02-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

I agree with alcyon and oracle about the veterans who want to join the stock class. There's no point altering the rules to try and keep them out. If they really want to put aside their expensive equipment and reinvest in a beginner's car to try and win a free trip to Thailand and don't mind being one head taller (and maybe 20 years older) than the two other guys on the podium... let them go ahead.

Of course, if anybody does that in order to win some respect in the RC community.... I think they're deluding themselves. Haha.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:09 PM
tornado

I believe there will be no changes to the R&R just to bar the veterans from running the stock class. We're all here teasing them thats all. Actually I have spoken to some of the veterans, the major thing is cost. They wanna have fun at a lower cost. Think 'bout it. TT01 comes with motor & esc. They only need to get batteries (say 2 packs) and perhaps some bearings and voila !! the race is on. Radio and servo they transfer form the current car they're having. Come to think of it..................I may go for it too.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.