Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Asia Cup Qualifying Series 2006

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default hi

hi..im from Malacca and would like to know when is the next Tamiya race will be held? This will be my first Tamiya race in Malaysia,joined before Tamiya race in Singapore many years back so would really wanna try how's the afmosphere racing back home.Thanks.Anyone practise ep at Malacca Gangsa track? im looking for kaki's to play with..
Old 03-29-2006, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

sim ,

nice video dude ,
Looks like a lot of fun .. , will try my best to join the next race ..
what the heck is all the yellow stuff all over the track
Old 03-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Those were little cardboard ramps to make the course more interesting. I was mostly avoiding them but most of the other drivers blasted through them ignored them, but once in awhile, a buggy would catch them on wide open throttle and end up doing some very interesting gymnastics across the track :P

After about 2 laps, the buggies had kicked most of them to the side of the track, but you can see in one part of the video that Chee Yong was kicking them back to the centre. Haha.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Barry,

Nice talking to you. It'll be great to see you racing with us the next round. Try visiting Mickey Trading at the Mahkota Parade. They are well stocked with Tamiya stuffs. Also, they have a group there on Tamiyas. Edwintklee is from Melaka too.

Uthaya,

Welcome on board pal! Show them a thing or two about off-road the next round!

Mr n Mrs Sim,

Thanks again for all the support n the effort on the videos. Much appreciated. You guys are now our official video crew. he he...

Edwin,

Tell your fren not to leave so early la. You guys actually sapu all the lucky draws leh.

Kreator1,

When are you coming back?

BS2474,

Great shots of the mini! thanks!

Koe,

jangan la laju sampai berasap la! he he....

Cheers
Old 03-30-2006, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Default TAMIYA ASIA CUP QUALIFYING SERIES round 2

Hi guys,

TAMIYA ASIA CUP QUALIFYING SERIES ROUND 2 will be held the The Atria Shopping centre PJ on the 29th n 30th April. Hope to see more racing then!

We will still keep to the same 3 classes and the grid positions for the qualifying heats will be based on the previous results. Well then again, we may spring some surprises on some extra class. We'll see.

Based on the response from the previous round, looks like the stock class will be the favourite class. Many more new entries are expected. I believe it'll be a hotly contested class. Who ever who can win 3 in a row will be highly respected.

The GT class will remain the most competitive with all the "hi hands" there. The TA05s are selling like hotcakes and we also expect many new entries. All drivers in this class are very very closely matched in skills. Its probably down to the right setting on race day and a little luck.

The buggy class will always be the most entertaining. Our Azman Azam seems poised to win the championship but Norazam n our evergreen Zahari wont let it happen so easily. Uthaya will be in the running too this time.

Things seems to be getting very interesting.

Thanks

Cheers
Old 03-30-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by CheeYong

Edwin,

Tell your fren not to leave so early la. You guys actually sapu all the lucky draws leh.
when i told Franky leong kwok hong about the lucky Draw which almost won a TZ super stock motor, he was grumbling to his GF for leaving early...........

but i was also sad as i miss the last Group photo after lucky draw....

thanks.....
Old 03-30-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Edwin,

my apologies on the race timing part. Will make sure we end earlier the next time. I understand that you guys need to travel a long way back.

Thanks.

Cheers.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Minor correction on the race report. After viewing the tape of the final several times, Chua actually did not hit Pong. It was another dark colored car, an NSX I think that made Pong stuck at the corner. Sorry for the confusion. During the second final, Pong made a mistake trying to overtake me before the back straight and his car was lauched outside the track.

Just want to confirm that after viewing the tape several times, and doing a time check, Chua only overtook my car well after the 5 minute mark was up. The DJ was actually a lil bit late in announcing all cars to complete the last lap. Hence, my conscience in clear that I won fair and square.

Chee Yong, it would be nice to post the actual time sheet on this site, just like what some overseas site do. And also the current point standing. I believe TQ deserve 2 extra points right?

Adios Guys.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

TAMIYA ASIA CUP QUALIFYING SERIES ROUND 2 will be held the The Atria Shopping centre PJ on the 29th n 30th April. Hope to see more racing then!

We will still keep to the same 3 classes and the grid positions for the qualifying heats will be based on the previous results. Well then again, we may spring some surprises on some extra class. We'll see.

Based on the response from the previous round, looks like the stock class will be the favourite class. Many more new entries are expected. I believe it'll be a hotly contested class. Who ever who can win 3 in a row will be highly respected.

The GT class will remain the most competitive with all the "hi hands" there. The TA05s are selling like hotcakes and we also expect many new entries. All drivers in this class are very very closely matched in skills. Its probably down to the right setting on race day and a little luck.

The buggy class will always be the most entertaining. Our Azman Azam seems poised to win the championship but Norazam n our evergreen Zahari wont let it happen so easily. Uthaya will be in the running too this time.

Thanks

Cheers
Chee Yong & Leonard Kee..

Thank u OCY 4 ure kind wordz...
I gez I hve 2 try harder next time..

As expected Tamiya/Stargek Malaysia did a faboulouzzzz job on the race. My hatz off 2 u guyz..

But we can't 4 get our other hobby shops Hobby Haven & RC planet wuz there too.. Showz gud sign that all of them are willing 2 work together to promote our trully, madlly & in love deeply hobby. All of us need 2 stick together 2 promote our hobby.

Sim & Wife
Awesome picz!!! U guyz r the ppl that we need 2 boost this hobby. (Especially buggy... hahahaaaa... )

To the rest of the ppl in the forum..
After seeing how e 1st race wuz, Hopefully u all wud join us soon coz u guyz hve been missing all the fun..
Old 03-30-2006, 08:14 PM
tornado

Hi guys,

Thanks

Cheers
Let just suggest this to you Chee Yong. About the endurance race.........we already have the Mini Cooper.....uuuummmmm why not Wild Willy/ Lunch Box 3hrs endurance in the next round? I bet it will be one heck of a fun thing eh.........

Old 03-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Azman,
Thanks! With this kind of praise, we're now motivated to try and do even more at upcoming races.

tornado,
What a great idea! To add to it, I would say that if we're having a big meeting of proud WW2/Lunchbox/Pumpkin owners like that, we should also have 1 more trophy added in for a concourse event. I think that would make the event even more colourful and fun.

I also have another radical competition idea that could run alongside a fun race like that but it might or might not be feasible so I'll have to talk to Chee Yong and gang first before I embarass myself. Heheh.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:53 PM
tornado

He he he....to spice things up a bit..........

RedEnzo : A very detailed account of the race......uuummmmmm perhaps an account of your victory rather........ in fact if you wish to prove to the world that you can make it with a shoestring budget, let us all suggest that you maintain your car at this level and no more upgrades........ and just continue to drool on those goodies....... otherwise not fair lah bro..... over 15 years of racing experience is the best upgrade you can have right now and that $$ kenot buy. ............. want additional 2 points sumore.......'cos you've TQed mah...... anyway you deserved to win.......but I bet there will be more competition for you in the next round.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by tornado
He he he....to spice things up a bit..........

RedEnzo : A very detailed account of the race......uuummmmmm perhaps an account of your victory rather........ in fact if you wish to prove to the world that you can make it with a shoestring budget, let us all suggest that you maintain your car at this level and no more upgrades........ and just continue to drool on those goodies....... otherwise not fair lah bro..... over 15 years of racing experience is the best upgrade you can have right now and that $$ kenot buy. ............. want additional 2 points sumore.......'cos you've TQed mah...... anyway you deserved to win.......but I bet there will be more competition for you in the next round.
Angkat bakul sikit mah.....

Anyway the report was a 1st person perspective regardless of whether I won or not. Since video shot was mostly on my car, so difficult to narrate the report on other racers. But, will try to spice up the story next round. I promise.....

Heh heh heh.... nice try there. Shoe string budget....... hah hah hah.... Give Schumarcher a Super Aguri car, I bet no way he'll win any races. 1st race was just a proving groundlah bro...... I was aiming to be competitive and not win races. Since, I won and mathematically in the lead for the Thai TAC meet next August, my mission has changed. Well, don't worrylah, I won't go overboard with the upgrades. In fact, not much upgrade needed for TT class. I'd probably go for a simple quick servo especially for a tight track like ATRIA. Don't think my Futaba 3003 can manage.

Since I heard you'll be also be competing in the same class, welcome bro....
Old 03-31-2006, 06:58 AM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ocy,

can the new dark impact be ran in the buggy class?
Old 03-31-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Koe,

No. It isn't approved for TAC races yet. Will let you guys know when its allowed.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.