Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Asia Cup Qualifying Series 2006

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

edwin,

Tires/inserts/set-ups is a very subjective thing in racing. You may not like or your driving style may not suit the set-up of another person's car. My advice is to try all possible set-ups or look around to see what is commonly used at the race track as a base to start with.
As for the stock class, I do know most of the RC enthusiast but its difficult to tell someone that they r too good for this class and if i really do put the hammer down and say 'No!" then they will hate me or Tamiya for life. Moreover, some of them had already bought the car kit. Like what Bundyman said, water will find its own level, guess the top 10 in stock will be barred after the 1st year will be implemented.
Our 1U showroom will be ready by 1st March.

Trueno,

You are entitled only to GT

Oracle,

Thomas Tan will have to deal with me if he runs the stock class

Cheers.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

By the way, Team Tamiya had a very successful outing in the MNC rd5 in Ipoh last sunday. Finishing 1st and 2nd in the stock both TA05s and 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the expert mods with 2 MSX and a TA05 respectively.
Looks like the TA05s are just as competitive as the others.

Cheers.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

all the kukuJiaw less than 6 inches can join novice stock racing
Old 02-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

only little brother can join aa?
how bout the 'owner'?
Old 02-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CheeYong

Trueno,

Cheers.

Greetings Chee Yong...,

Why am I only entitled for GT...? Why not both...?

Cabutzzzz...
Old 02-13-2006, 04:07 PM
tornado

edwin,

Tires/inserts/set-ups is a very subjective thing in racing. You may not like or your driving style may not suit the set-up of another person's car. My advice is to try all possible set-ups or look around to see what is commonly used at the race track as a base to start with.
As for the stock class, I do know most of the RC enthusiast but its difficult to tell someone that they r too good for this class and if i really do put the hammer down and say 'No!" then they will hate me or Tamiya for life. Moreover, some of them had already bought the car kit. Like what Bundyman said, water will find its own level, guess the top 10 in stock will be barred after the 1st year will be implemented.

Trueno,

Oracle,

Thomas Tan will have to deal with me if he runs the stock class

Cheers.
Thomas Tan has to run with handicap loh....... .......... perhaps he is allowed to used 7 turn motor in the stock class but with no wheels.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:09 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by KuKuCHiawBESAR
all the kukuJiaw less than 6 inches can join novice stock racing
You're one desperado soul mate.

Old 02-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

edwin,

Cheers.
hi man, i understand, no worries, "may the best man win" that all lo.

about the tyre and insert, basically i think most driver's the main concern is what is tamiya race race legal......
Old 02-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by edwintklee
hi man, i understand, no worries, "may the best man win" that all lo.

about the tyre and insert, basically i think most driver's the main concern is what is tamiya race race legal......
Yes, i think that the major concern is the do and don't. Initially i heard that we have to buy Tamiya tires for carpet and now since we can use the stock tires in stock class then at least can save some money but what about the inserts? must use Tamiya one or not?
Old 02-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

For stock, ONLY the transmitter n servo isn't closed. For the other two classes, transmitter, servo n esc isn't closed. Everything else is closed to Tamiya kits, parts n hop-ups. Right down to the screws and even inserts. A team of inspectors will be inspecting every car b4 each run.

Cheers.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

edwin n oracle,

Tamiya original tires #50419 Radial tire , #50454 Slick tire and #50810 Semi slick tire can be used only in this class. Of course we hope the original tires that comes with the kit will work so that cost of racing is minimised. But then again this doesn't always happen therefore the other 2 optional tires may have to come into play. Combination of inserts n tires is also very crucial for a good setup. Thats the fun of racing.

Cheers.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:02 PM
tornado

For stock, ONLY the transmitter n servo isn't closed. For the other two classes, transmitter, servo n esc isn't closed. Everything else is closed to Tamiya kits, parts n hop-ups. Right down to the screws and even inserts. A team of inspectors will be inspecting every car b4 each run.

Cheers.
You mean to say they'll strip our cars down before each run ? We'll kill you guys..... .........all our settings will be out leh.....

Old 02-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

tornado,

If we need to we will. By the way, stripping down the car will not change the setup. At the TAC in Singapore last year, Norazam's car was stripped down many times cos he was constantly clocking the lap times no one could achieve. Believe me, the entire car was stripped apart. He had to re-assemble the entire car numerous times.

Cheers
Old 02-13-2006, 07:23 PM
tornado

Chee Yong,

Gosh !! .......each time you guys strip, the chances of the plastic parts to strip the screw threads increases. We may have to change the parts un-necessarily woh............geeezzzzz......anyway.......if we wanna join the TAC we will have to abide by it, like it or not.

Old 02-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

tornado,

rules are rules. Anyway, we will only do a thorough check on cars which are suspicious otherwise it will be a routine check. Also, not everyone is that "lucky".

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.