Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Asia Cup Qualifying Series 2006

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late replies. Just returned from Thailand International Touring Car race (TITC). It was world class! A total of 182 drivers! half were foreigners! All world class drivers! Imagine drivers like David Spashett, Jilles Groskamp, Shinosuke Adachi, Hideo Kitazawa... all ended up in B main! Competition were extremely stiff. Marc Rheinard n Atsushi Hara put up a grand finale, a fight to the wire with Marc taking the crown. His TRF 415 MSX were on rails! Believe it or not, there were a few TA05s running in the B n C main too!

And thanks for understanding that it is difficult to filter out those that shouldnt be in the stock class. However, I will be enforcing the Top 10 for stock class be barred from stock class on the 1st year n the subsequent years will only be the top 3. This will take a shorter time to level things out. Anyway, with our stringent rules the more experienced drivers will not be too far ahead. I believe that with practice n the right guidance, anyone can be the champ.

sim,

check with your LHS. you will be surprised with the price of Tamiya bearings now.
Yes, you may use your old grasshopper bearings.

tornado,

stay out of stock!

alcyon,

joining us?

hiwatari,

a outstation race this year is very unlikely.

Cheers
Old 02-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks chee yong for the clarification! for a start, let the veterans compete in the stock category for whatever reasons it may be. For myself a beginner, i would be frightened to know that the hardcore racers would be competing in the stock class with other new comers.

Nonetheless, i agree with some of the views that not all veterans had the capacity (monetary terms) to have good equipments, cars, etc...just by default of their involvement in the RC that makes them a "veteran" class. Cost is always an issue be it from the beginner or expert/veteran.

Later on as you have mentioned, these top drivers (be it newbie or veterans) would be eventually phased out from entering the same category. For a start, lets focus to make this Tamiya TAC happen in our homeland!

For those making the top level in the stock category, you could as well create another category, say, Past CHAMPS in the subsequent event....i believe USA has this category whereby the past champs get the chance to battle their wits/skills with other past champs...definitely a showcase of the skillful drivers on display! It would be a delight to watch these drivers compete, the same way i feel watching those guys running modified motors!

come March 2006, a new beginning for TAMIYA in Malaysia...let us all make it happen.....just a suggestion though, have you got plans to do some "marketing" before the F1 in Sepang? Probably a demo for EP cars, drift cars, etc... with big banners from TAMIYA and the like...and imagine, if you are lucky, it will be shown on TV, be it local or foreign.....think about it.....heheheh

reason being, my home is so close to Sepang circuit

Regards,
Old 02-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

MTX 3B,

Great idea. any contacts to the sepang F1 event?

Cheers.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks Chee Yong.

Now I'll just need to wait for your shop to open and pick up the batteries and motors
Old 02-21-2006, 07:10 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by CheeYong
tornado,

stay out of stock!
oledi bot a TT01 oso kenot ah ?

Old 02-21-2006, 07:13 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by CheeYong
MTX 3B,

Great idea. any contacts to the sepang F1 event?

Cheers.
Try talking to Eric Chow leh.........remember an EP race @ Sepang last year ??

Old 02-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

chee yong..joining you guys..think not..after all i am a "veteran" haha.i do want to come over to your hobby shop before i start anything!
Old 02-22-2006, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

any chance one of the races will be held at JB?
Old 02-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tornado
oledi bot a TT01 oso kenot ah ?
Eh, I thought you are in buggy?
Old 02-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viper1
Yo Mike,

How are u man? Sorry for the late response i was away at the TITC event and just returned. the first two armatures are not available here the last one are a slanted cut comm. I am currently using the checkpoint motors and i am pretty happy with it so far. I got a chance to test the Velocity 4.5R at TITC and i would strongly recomend it. It is one wicked motor and the GTB is also a great ESC.

Cheers
Hey leonard,
how are you? me so far so good over United States, i know you, Chee Yong, and Eric Chow was going to TITC. i stay at home just waiting to see and update TITC result the race very competitive a lot of TOP driver but unfortunately i can go to the race due to i have class over here. for the another amature that with black ring are manufacturer from DC it would be available Beg of March. the slanted cut comm is skewed amature that is increase timing without change the degree endbell. i know checkpoint are very good but over here OEM still havent release. and i still waiting the 4.5R release to market. can you PM me your email and chee yong email so i can keep contact with you guy without post on this forum!
Old 02-23-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Super Deal

To all RC Fans especially TAMIYA Fans,

In conjunction with TAC RC Planet is going to have a Super Deal for all Tamiya 1/10 kits, in this few days we will update our web site to reflect the new pricing that you will find significant saving at www.rcplanet.com.my

Hold on to your thought and wait for RC Planet Super Deal…!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

www.rcplanet.com.my

Last edited by Fas N furious; 02-26-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:45 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by sim600
Eh, I thought you are in buggy?
yeah.....I got buggy too.....Gravel Hound. Coming together quite nicely.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Guys,

Please take note........

TAMIYA R/C ASIA CUP (MALAYSIA) QUALIFYING CHAMPIONSHIP 2006

RACE REGULATIONS
General

1. All cars have to be built using only original Tamiya parts and strictly following the instructions provided with those parts.

2. All parts must be used as supplied in the package and/or cut as outlined.
Modifications of the original appearance of the car, are not allowed.
In Stock class and 4wd GT class, tires and wheels have to stay within the
body shell.

3. Radio crystal must be replaceable.Each driver has to prepare two different crystals. The Spektrum system is allowed.

4. Only Tamiya motors can be used.
Stock Touring – 540 Motor (hand-out)
4WD GT - TZ and RZ 23T
Buggy - Sport Tuned
For details, please refer to each category’s regulations.

5. Batteries will be controlled. They will be available for purchase at your regular LHS later. ( No modifications to the battery and connectors are allowed)

6. Any types of electronic speed control can be used for 4wd GT and Buggy class. For Stock class, please refer to its regulations.

7. Each qualifying race will be 5 minutes plus the time to complete the last lap.

8. Only modifications outlined in the regulations are allowed.

9. Any other issues not clarified in the regulations shall be handled at the discretion of the race organizer.

10. The top 3 finisher for buggy class will not be allowed to participate in the buggy class again.

11. The top 10 finisher for the year 2006 for stock touring class will not be allowed to participate in the stock touring class again the following year. Subsequent years will be the top 3 only to be promoted to other classes.

12. Participants aged 15years and below, and female participants will be given a 50% discount on registration fees for the stock touring class.

Last edited by CheeYong; 02-25-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Full range parts, hop-ups n the race legal batteries for TAC has landed. Please kindly check it out with your LHS.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.