Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :) >

mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by KoE
iyaaa.... brushless laaa my freeen!! don't have to true the little comm anymore! whatlaa u... so slow to embrace the technology

eh...eh....eh... I tot you in semi-hibernation mode for 1 month... j/k oni lah... so, you suggest brushless??? how much? what other things to change in order to go brushless??
Old 11-01-2004, 05:33 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yeah...semi hibernate dude!! no training during the day hours man, else even RedDot looks good too good b/l set like those bought by boyd will set u back almost usd180 or so. looks expensive but considering a motor that needs almost no maintenance and a powerful esc for about 180 is rather good dude!

bad news, u cannot get boyd's mamba anytime soon since all are on backorders

good news, i can get u hook up anytime with mamba ...LOL!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by KoE
yeah...semi hibernate dude!! no training during the day hours man, else even RedDot looks good too good b/l set like those bought by boyd will set u back almost usd180 or so. looks expensive but considering a motor that needs almost no maintenance and a powerful esc for about 180 is rather good dude!

bad news, u cannot get boyd's mamba anytime soon since all are on backorders

good news, i can get u hook up anytime with mamba ...LOL!!!
wow..... usd180??? any possibilities our mr going higher value???
well, I actually got the M18 for drifting dude... going stock will be the option now.. maybe later for the b/l.. I will definately let you know...

cheers..
Old 11-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Speed Demon
Just got my M18 running,.. now thinking of getting a bigger and faster motor.. Did anyone tried to use the stock 180 esc with the orion elite modified motor?? will the esc get fried??
Hummmm.. brushless????
yes you can use TO elite modified motor. it will will something similar to HPI mod motor.

did you make any custom wheels to drift? im interested to build some custom wheels for drifting but now im kinda tied up with stuff that the drifting wheels will be my second part for my micro. the main part is fine tune it so many i can play with some 1/10 RC car.... hehhee
Old 11-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by FurtiveZero
Thanks for the info. Do let me know when you are gonna run the micro so i can pop by and see. Thanks again. At the moment im still busy with my 1/10 so not so much time to tinker with my micro. Maybe in a couple of months down the road im gonna seriously soup up my micro. Cheers.

okay i will let you know when im going to run my micro. i doubt this month ill be going to the track. perhaps next month. i just bought locktread for my micro and need some more cash for soem more parts.

darn those micro parts arent that cheap. sigh...
Old 11-03-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by boydnhl
okay i will let you know when im going to run my micro. i doubt this month ill be going to the track. perhaps next month. i just bought locktread for my micro and need some more cash for soem more parts.

darn those micro parts arent that cheap. sigh...
Hehehe....I understand what u mean by expensive. Those micro parts are comparable in price with the 1/10 cars. Anyway i've made some drift tires using PVC tubes. When you are free i can show it to you. Dont look that nice but it work so.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

that's cool... we probably can start a drift club here...

Boyd, Do you mean that the HPI mod 45T motor can be used with the stock 180 esc??
Old 11-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by FurtiveZero
Hehehe....I understand what u mean by expensive. Those micro parts are comparable in price with the 1/10 cars. Anyway i've made some drift tires using PVC tubes. When you are free i can show it to you. Dont look that nice but it work so.

yeah.... it is so expensive and the reason why micro is my first real RC car <at first> is because i thought it is 1/18 and it should be "1/18" price for the 1/18 parts. darn.... i understand that they designed, hardwork and etc... but if you mass produce and after a while. the cost of producing the parts should drop. the only time that it will drop when everyone stop playing micro and head on for other micro car <perhaps minizilla >.

wow... that is nice. what size is the pvc that you are using? yeah i would like to see how you do it. so far i only manage to get to see from the pictures. as long as it works then it should be fine enough for me

any hopup for your micro? can share any setting that you do on your micro? mine is

penguin 3500EL
mamba 8000kv
HPI dual micro servo
HPI steel universal
HPI rear ball differential
HPI front oneway
aluminium bulkhead
aluminium knuckles
blue colour spring
graphite front upper deck
ratzas rear upper deck with VCS suspension
stock receiver
something almost similar to the hitec micro servo
titanium screw set
titanium antenna
cracked benz body
some dying 6 battery cells packs

tonight i manage to lockthread all the screws and the nuts for the rear differential. mine slipped alot with those huge torques. hopefully the threadlock will stop the slipping and powerloss to the wheels.

cheers~~
Old 11-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Speed Demon
that's cool... we probably can start a drift club here...

Boyd, Do you mean that the HPI mod 45T motor can be used with the stock 180 esc??
yes... but hold on for a while. i ll double check for you first and i m worry that i give you the wrong info. i read it somewhere in another forum that the stock can be use with the hpi mod 45T or the TO elite mod or TO coreless.

cheers~~

come speed demon, lets drift tog with furtivezero

Last edited by boydnhl; 11-03-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Boy,
Wow...looks like you really bulletproofed your micro for the brushless system. Mines pretty much a stocker. Only hop ups are front one way with aluminium diff casing up front, steel dogbones, rear diff and a big block. Not much alloy hop ups as my MRS4 is not as fast so im planning to keep it as light as possible.

Im not sure of the size of the PVC coz i brought a set of rims to test fit. But i got a bigger size so i dont have to squeeze the PVC onto the rims (this causes a very tight fit to the rim hub so harder to remove afterwards) So what i did was wrapped the rims with electrical tape b4 mounting on the PVC. Hope that helps. I will try to post the pic when i have the time. Cheers.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

yeah, i have to beef it up cause i dont want to spend time fixing it and of course, spending more money to repair it than driving. i bashed real hard until i broke the stock chassis.

now with mamba in my micro. i had quite a number of crashes and those are not normal crashes like bang car or crash at the track side luckily the penguin chassis didn break. hehehe.. tough pan-chassis.

your micro seems to be pretty hop-up too. seems to be pretty frictionless and smooth sailing drivetrain. i think ineed dremel so i can mod the S300 motor plate to fit bigger pinion and 17T nicely. now it is just fit enough for 17T.

cheers~~
Old 11-03-2004, 11:20 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

insane
Old 11-04-2004, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

hehehe...

SpeedDemon, i ve checked and confirm for you that the HPI 45T mod is usable with your stock 180 xray ESC. TO elite mod motor and the TO coreless motor are 180 size motor. i doubt the180 stock xray ESC can withstand the need of 300 size motor.

they said HPI 45T mod motor will be hot and TO elite mod will run cooler due to higher torque and RPM. it might be true cause i burnt my HPI 45T motor using 6 cells and LRP quantum micro ESC. i still dont know why it burnt cause it suppose to be working fine. i guess i drove it too hard <WOT, emergency brake, 180 degree spun> . the motor was kinda hot before it burnt. sigh

cheers~~
Old 11-04-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default alternate bl setup

check this out... i just found out that rcmart is selling a cheaper and less slowe bl setup. i dont know whether it is for car or aircraft hobby. but it is nice to know there are cheaper option and of course quality stuff come with quality price r

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=10258
Old 11-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

check this out...

m18 with mamba 8000 vs nitro tc3

http://one18th.com/GetGallery3150.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.