Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :) >

mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by boydnhl
hehehe...

SpeedDemon, i ve checked and confirm for you that the HPI 45T mod is usable with your stock 180 xray ESC. TO elite mod motor and the TO coreless motor are 180 size motor. i doubt the180 stock xray ESC can withstand the need of 300 size motor.

they said HPI 45T mod motor will be hot and TO elite mod will run cooler due to higher torque and RPM. it might be true cause i burnt my HPI 45T motor using 6 cells and LRP quantum micro ESC. i still dont know why it burnt cause it suppose to be working fine. i guess i drove it too hard <WOT, emergency brake, 180 degree spun> . the motor was kinda hot before it burnt. sigh

cheers~~
Thanks for the info bro... I'm kinda new in this micro thing.... I mainly race in 1/10.... got hooked to try drift
Old 11-08-2004, 03:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Speed Demon
Thanks for the info bro... I'm kinda new in this micro thing.... I mainly race in 1/10.... got hooked to try drift
no prob speed demon and welcome to 1/18 world. sadly there are only a few who play micro in malaysia
Old 11-08-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

I guess when HPC opens the Micro track in Glenmarie there'll be more people interested. Currently running a micro on a 1/10 track isnt as fun coz track is a little too big for micro. Hope they'll open the Micro track soon.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by boydnhl
no prob speed demon and welcome to 1/18 world. sadly there are only a few who play micro in malaysia
Sooner or later there will be many running micro... just a matter of time and how our LHS promoting it.... track wise,. I think HPC should consider it too... Let's gather all our micro "kaki" and request them to re-open the micro track.

I've made some upgrade to my M18... adjustable toe and LRP Q2 esc ( sound a killa for micro) coz I can't afford the Mamba brushless....and ordered a C2 Alloy motor mount.
Will be getting the mod motor probably tomorrow...

I will post a photo on my webpage once I'm done.....

Cheers...
Old 11-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

yeah 1/10 track for micro is a little too big but with mamba, the track in astria is just nice. not too big and not too small because i got lousy reciever or something is wrong with my setup, i cant have a big long distance drive. i think if they clean the track up a bit and install a better crash guard near the fences so it wont hurt my micro that much.

HPC is or was planning to open an indoor track in glenmarie for micro when i was at HPC buying parts for my micro. hopefully it is still in their plan. it will be kinda cool to have it but the sad thing, it going to be hard for me to go there. perhaps anyone want to car pool me ther next time?

Speed Demon, LRP Q2?? that really do sound like a killer in a micro. you mean you ordered themiddle motor mount or the front motor chassis for m18 <which look very cool>

my battery died few days ago and im very sad need to spend more cash to buy batteries and when i got the new batteries, Furtivezero i ll let you know. i m planning of getting one 7 cells and one 6 cells batery packs.
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-urc_penguinrc_300.jpg  
Old 11-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

check this out. more details pic of xray m18t

kinda dissapointing because it seems to be from m18 chassis and put some suspension, the tower and bigger wheels .

pic 1
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-lg_m18t_1.gif  
Old 11-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

pic 2
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-lg_m18t_2.gif  
Old 11-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Boy,

When the micro track is opened i can always give u a lift to the track. BTW where do you stay?? If its near subang or sunway then it would be better. But regardless where i will give u lift. Cant wait to see your Mamba in action. BTW what sort of battery packs you buying. Im currently using a homemade 2/3A GP1000 pack. Have not tried those micro packs so no comparison yet.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by FurtiveZero
Boy,

When the micro track is opened i can always give u a lift to the track. BTW where do you stay?? If its near subang or sunway then it would be better. But regardless where i will give u lift. Cant wait to see your Mamba in action. BTW what sort of battery packs you buying. Im currently using a homemade 2/3A GP1000 pack. Have not tried those micro packs so no comparison yet.

Hi Furtive,

Currently im staying in campus at Cyberjaya. Sometimes i will stay overnight at my cousin place during the weekend. thank you for your generous offer

yeah i cant wait to see my mamba in action too. every since the new inner wheel hub + new tire + rim is lost, my micro wasnt that good anymore. need to tune here and there to get the nice feel.

where did you get your 2/3a GP1000?? im looking for 2/3a GP1100. currently i havent confirm which battery pack that i m going to get but i m eyeing on unitedrc.com battery pack.

http://unitedrc.com/store/product.asp?ID=163

i plan to run my mamba with 8 cells and the forumer that i went frequently say it will give some insane speed and perhaps uncontrollable when you WOT.

now while waiting for my fund to add up, im reading and researching to get some tips or trick for my micro

im feel bad that i cant show you my micro with mamba anytime soon furtivezero. hope you can wait till i get the battery packs and then i guess it will be pretty much done ive tuned it, cleaned the bearings, differential so i guess just left the battery packs and we are good to go
Old 11-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

FurtiveZero , where did you get the GP2/3A 1100mAh from??? is it locally???
Old 11-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

speed demon,

Yup i got it from pasar road pudu. They have been selling those for sometime already. I was using them on my first micro when it was available in m'sia. They are selling them for like RM 12 a piece.

boy,

I c so you are not from KL? No problem there. Cyberjaya not that far off. Anyway hope you can get your micro up and running soon.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

FurtiveZero,

you got PM..

Old 11-11-2004, 02:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by FurtiveZero
speed demon,

Yup i got it from pasar road pudu. They have been selling those for sometime already. I was using them on my first micro when it was available in m'sia. They are selling them for like RM 12 a piece.

boy,

I c so you are not from KL? No problem there. Cyberjaya not that far off. Anyway hope you can get your micro up and running soon.

is it 2/3a GP1100 or GP1000. what do you use as the connector between the battery cells?

i hope now the price has dropped because RM12 per cell is kinda high at the moment. i m thinking of another alternative, GP1300 1/3 sub C cells. the dimension and the amphere output is almost similar to GP1100.

yeah im not from KL, im sarawakian. hahah it is kinda far cause need approximate 40 mins to reach subang from cyberjaya without speeding. yeah i hope too. i thought of some setting that i would like to try out and i cant wait for it but too bad now is study week.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Boy,

Its not the GP1100. Its GP1000 and yes its kinda expensive. No choice bcoz i was only taking 6 cells to try at that point of time. But if u buy more i think the price would be much lower.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

i see. then perhaps next time when buying parts from oversea like hongkong, maybe we all can share the shipment and service charge?

there are few parts that hongkong is selling it cheap but need to buy in bulk to even out the sending cost. i m eyeing at elligi foam tires and now trying to find out any local distributor for elligi or not. maybe after the exam i will go ask HPC about the TO foam tires. dont know the price for TO foam tires

but i bought TRC foam tires and they are great but too expensive to play with. cost me about USD9 per pair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.