Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :) >

mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

guys,

I 've added my M18 into my webpage... I was wondering if you guys can send/post the pic to me so I can add it too... just asking...
Old 11-11-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Speed Demon
guys,

I 've added my M18 into my webpage... I was wondering if you guys can send/post the pic to me so I can add it too... just asking...
yeah sure, i will send my pics as soon as i got them. i have been trying to take some photos.

wow. you got nice photos there and i m so jealous of the rear toe in. i have been thinking for a while how to get some rear toe-in for my micro rs4 and i cant think of any easy way except to change then rear ball differential with parts from HPI, m18 and mini-t. it is kinda impossible at the moment cause i dont want to "operatel" my precious micro at the moment.

have you guys downloaded the m18 with mamba8000 vs nitro tc3? i posted the link and if you guys can, try to download and you ll be amaze. that video clip is what motivate me to finetune my micro rs4

if im not mistaken, rcmart is selling gp1100 right? any interest of getting the elligi foam tires for micro?

Last edited by boydnhl; 11-11-2004 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by boydnhl
yeah sure, i will send my pics as soon as i got them. i have been trying to take some photos.

wow. you got nice photos there and i m so jealous of the rear toe in. i have been thinking for a while how to get some rear toe-in for my micro rs4 and i cant think of any easy way except to change then rear ball differential with parts from HPI, m18 and mini-t. it is kinda impossible at the moment cause i dont want to "operatel" my precious micro at the moment.

have you guys downloaded the m18 with mamba8000 vs nitro tc3? i posted the link and if you guys can, try to download and you ll be amaze. that video clip is what motivate me to finetune my micro rs4

if im not mistaken, rcmart is selling gp1100 right? any interest of getting the elligi foam tires for micro?
Boyd,

Thanks...
I did downloaded the vid.. it's insane!!! driving a micro at that speed is insane... but I am tempted to do so and chase the 1/10.. it can be done but later...

I am thinking about the mamba too but it's kinda expensive.... is the 8000kV good or too much??? what do you think???

Foam for micro??? I am sure the traction is phenominal.... but we play outdoor.....is it necessary??? We can try to order together later....

Show me your micro and I'll post it on the page...

cheers...
Old 11-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Boyd,

Thanks...
I did downloaded the vid.. it's insane!!! driving a micro at that speed is insane... but I am tempted to do so and chase the 1/10.. it can be done but later...

I am thinking about the mamba too but it's kinda expensive.... is the 8000kV good or too much??? what do you think???

Foam for micro??? I am sure the traction is phenominal.... but we play outdoor.....is it necessary??? We can try to order together later....

Show me your micro and I'll post it on the page...

cheers...
hehehe... yeah that video is sick....

yeah mamba is kinda expensive. not really that affordable too. if you want to achieve the speed like that video you will need 8000kv with 6800kv it wont really help to go again 1/10. 6800 is more for its own micro class. IMO, since you are going to get it, just go ahead with the fastest :d hehehe...

i love speed. speed in rc wont kill me. the most just my wallet and a burnt through hole in my pocket i think as along as you bulletproof your micro, you barely need to change parts except the drive trains<like spur gear> and the tires. tires worn out fast almost similar to rubber tire on 1/10 gp

well i dont know yet. i did try to use 4 wheels foam at astria i get roll over for too much traction. so i change back to rubber and it works fine. i havent try front with rubber and rear with foam. maybe it will get better speed and control <im not sure cause havent try>

yeah later we can try to order. i will try to visit jalan pasar to check out gp1100. i would like to compare home built gp1000 with the gp1100 that i might buy from unitedrc and maybe other manufacturer. you know those ppl in US bought 5 to 6 battery packs one whole shot. darn, i sure wish that i can be like them the battery sure is cheap there

okay i will send it to you as soon as i got it

BTW aktion is coming out new stuff for micr rs4. www.aktionrc.com . this guy produce 540 micro rs4 conversion chassis and now he is coming out with new product. cant wait to see it.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default The Aktion Sleeper RS480 Conversion Kit

The Aktion Sleeper RS480 Conversion Kit

pic 1
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-frontdriversview1.jpg  
Old 11-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

pic 2
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-frontpassengerview1.jpg  
Old 11-15-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default The Aktion Sleeper RS480 Conversion Kit

The Aktion Sleeper RS480 Conversion Kit

-as you can see the kit will be able to use with 9 cells of the 2/3a battery.
-the maximum size motor that can be use with this kit is 480. it can fit any motor that is smaller than 480 without any modification.
-there will be adjustable rear suspension to tune for maximum grip.
-it will need almost all the stock parts of rs4 micro

pic 3
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-bottom1.jpg  
Old 11-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Link for The Aktion Sleeper RS480 conversion kit

http://www.one18th.com/news.php?suba..._from=&ucat=4&
Old 11-17-2004, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

this is the latest pic of the new aktion production, the aktion sleeper micro rs480 conversion kit.

front view pic
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-stockfrontviewlow.jpg  
Old 11-18-2004, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default Team Tekins micro Bl setup <CC's Mamba rival>

Team Tekin is back with currently two new products for 1/10 but for their future planning, they are going to come out with a brushless setup to fight for the title with CastleCreations <www.castlecreations.com> Mamba brushless setup.

check this out,
http://www.teamtekin.com/new%20products%20brushless.asp
<Malaysia distributor, hobbyhaven.sdb.bhd

specs of Team Tekin's The Scorpion , the 1/18 brushless system.

the specs for The Scorpion are:

Brushless ESC <TT>
1. ESC size: 0.95" x 1.72" x 0.4".
2. Weight: 0.9Oz(24.5g).
3. NiCad/NiMh Cells: 4 - 12, Li-pos: 2-3.
4. Max continuous amps: 25A.
5. Surge Amps: 50A.
6. On Resistance: 0.0045Ohm.
7. Proportional brake.
8. Reversible with lockout.
9. Full programmable.
10. Low voltage cutoff.

Brushless motor <TT>
1. Motor size: 0.79" Dia - 1.3" Length.
2. Weight: 1.7Oz(48g).

The Scorpion will be available in 3 packages and i guess it will be 8000kv, 6800kv and 5400kv

To compare with CastleCreations' mamba,

Brushless ESC <CC>
1. ESC size: 0.95" x 1.72" x 0.4".
2. Weight: 0.9Oz(24.5g).
3. NiCad/NiMh Cells: 4 - 12, Li-pos: 2-3.
4. Max continuous amps: 25A.
5. Surge Amps: 50A.
6. On Resistance: 0.0045Ohm.
7. Proportional brake.
8. Reversible with lockout.
9. Full programmable.
10. Low voltage cutoff.
11. Connector: Universal.

Brushless motor <CC>
1. Motor size: 0.79" Dia - 1.3" Length.
2. Weight: 1.7Oz(48g).

The Castle Creations' mamba have 5 packages, 8000kv, 6800kv, 5400kv, 4200kv and just Mamba 25 esc only.

The conclusion, we cant see any differences from the specs. Both of them are purely alike. Some forumers boast that it will be sensored brushless motor, higher power brushless <even though both TT and CC are the same with the amps> and best of all, no cogging. The main difference will be whether it is a sensored or sensorless brushless.

This Team Tekin's will give a good fight against CastleCreations and I expect the price will dropped. At the moment, CastleCreations has come out with and update software for their Mamba 25 ESC and it is so user friendly that you can set the timing, select the options through your PC and better functionality of the ESC. The only bad thing about this is, you ll have to buy the data PHX Link to connect the ESC to your PC and it cost around USD23.00.

Let's check it out for updates in the coming date.

The Scorpion Introduction
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-scorp-layout-final3.gif  

Last edited by boydnhl; 11-18-2004 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default The Sleeper Micro RS480 Conversion Kit

The Sleeper Micro RS480 Conversion Kit

A few moments ago, AktionRC <www.aktionrc.com> update their website with lots of pics of their new product.

topview with motor size 380

bottomview with Micro RS4 stock 180 motor

rear pod view with 380 motor

bottom backend with grapher motor.

IMHO, i think this
Micro RS480 Conversion Kit is almost the same with their previous 540 conversion kit except that this can accomodate smaller than 480 motor and it got a lot of tunability functions.

The good thing that I like about this conversion kit is the 16 possible rear pod combinations with roll styles, traction and wheelbases.

Apart from that, the a total of 4 type of 150mm wheelbase interchangeable rear pods available in both graphite and G10

In the end, do we really need to have all these tuning options? Lets wait for the result and comment from some of the early owner of this conversion kit.

For more information and pictures <there are a lot lot more nice pics> visit http://www.aktionrc.com/main.html

cheers~~

attached is the picture of a clear skyline body over the kit to show you the idea of car size.
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-clearbody3.jpg  
Old 11-18-2004, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

2nd picture of a clear skyline body over the kit to show you the idea of car size.

*cant attach the pics dont know why

Last edited by boydnhl; 11-18-2004 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Hi Boyd... check this out... my M18 have just upgraded a bit!!!

or you can visit my web page at the link below..

Last edited by Speed Demon; 11-21-2004 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Boyd... check this out... my M18 have just upgraded a bit!!!

http://members.fortunecity.com/speed...yline-side.jpg

or you can visit my web page at the link below..
Hi Speed Demon,

fuiyoh~~ HPI blue metalic skyline with HPI outer 7spoke chrome rim, HPI concourse set, HPI led set, big block with heat sink, man~~ very good looking and nice. nice metallic blue. any more pictures? i really, really want to see your car ler.... i dont think i will be able to make my micro look like yours. wont tahan my bashing sessoin and my skill to make nice body not that good hehehe...

skyline is a good body. had a good control of the car. i had one but i cracked it. hehehe... oppsie..... bashed too hard and let my friends plan with it too and it happened :d

very, very nice looking micro you got there speed demon. can i see your car when we set one day to meet up??

your heatsink just arrived few days ago right? i reserved one 180 size heatsink ffrom hobby haven :d they called me up one day and give me the good news. hehee... i thought they forgot about my heatsink hehehe...

cheers~~

p/s really good work speed demon. now i paiseh to show my car liaw
Old 11-21-2004, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by boydnhl
Hi Speed Demon,

fuiyoh~~ HPI blue metalic skyline with HPI outer 7spoke chrome rim, HPI concourse set, HPI led set, big block with heat sink, man~~ very good looking and nice. nice metallic blue. any more pictures? i really, really want to see your car ler.... i dont think i will be able to make my micro look like yours. wont tahan my bashing sessoin and my skill to make nice body not that good hehehe...

skyline is a good body. had a good control of the car. i had one but i cracked it. hehehe... oppsie..... bashed too hard and let my friends plan with it too and it happened :d

very, very nice looking micro you got there speed demon. can i see your car when we set one day to meet up??

your heatsink just arrived few days ago right? i reserved one 180 size heatsink ffrom hobby haven :d they called me up one day and give me the good news. hehee... i thought they forgot about my heatsink hehehe...

cheers~~

p/s really good work speed demon. now i paiseh to show my car liaw
Hi again...

Well... thanks for all the compliments... but hey... that body is only look nice when it's new... I can't imagine how it will look like when I start to drive it later.. and That Skyline body is only for drifting... for racing will use another body.. and still looking for one... maybe will try to get the Supra or Stratus body shell...

Sure.. we can meet up one day... I am in the process of looking for a suitable PVC tubes for the drift tyre..
Will let you guys know later..

cheers..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.