Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :) >

mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rc18t

Originally posted by rcshark68
Thanks! Actually I've a HIMAX 2015 (think its will fit 280 motor)... left over from my EP Heli, not too sure if anyone has tried using it with MAMBA ESC or any other F-B-R BL ESC (recommendations anyone?) for RC Car applications...

well... mamba should be able to be use together with the bl motor if the bl motor doesnt uses more than 25amps continuous or 50 amps surge.

hope it helps
Old 02-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: GP1100 for your 1/18 scale ultimate machine!!!

Originally posted by boydnhl
SDemon,

After chatting with you... can i increase my batt to from 7 cells to 10 cells?? i have thought up a way to build and fit a 10cells into my minizilla

so reserved 10 cells for me. okay?
aaaahhh 10pcs for the minizilla??? god must be crazy.... or you must be crazy.... but hey... why not... am more happier to sell you 10pcs rather thatn 7 pcs...2 reason why...

1. you can make your minizilla wheelie, fast and no worries cos you have the BL.
2. when the batteries are all sold... I can get somemore... then.. more ppl buy.. means more ppl play micro... then we all can race micro.... then we all have fun fun.....
Old 02-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: GP1100 for your 1/18 scale ultimate machine!!!

Originally posted by Speed Demon
aaaahhh 10pcs for the minizilla??? god must be crazy.... or you must be crazy.... but hey... why not... am more happier to sell you 10pcs rather thatn 7 pcs...2 reason why...

1. you can make your minizilla wheelie, fast and no worries cos you have the BL.
2. when the batteries are all sold... I can get somemore... then.. more ppl buy.. means more ppl play micro... then we all can race micro.... then we all have fun fun.....
hahhaha ) i thought of a way to mount 10 cells on my minizilla. hopefully it ll work hehhehee...

yeah hope more people will get into 1/18....

it seems like more and more 1/18 cars are coming out. i ll try to post xray m18T stadium truck and one micro touring car by one japanese guy. look very nice and it is the exact scale down from 1/10 scale rc car.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

walaoeh.... i forcefully installed 7 kans cells onto my minizilla and it flys.... now it can pull wheelies.... hehehhe... so much fun..... now i m charging the pack so i can have some wheeliese again...

not only wheelies, now my minizilla can conquer the hills.... almost few times manage to climb up to almost one storey hill height.... hhehhee....

woooweeeee~~~
Old 02-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

i need new all steel dogbone for Minizilla...

HPC may i know whether the option parts for minizilla is in the house? now my prob is back. i lost the universal cross pin again... this time i break loose two pin but i only manage to find one pin....

i have to reconsider, 10 cells for minizilla seems to be to powerfull.... with just 7 cells, you wouldnt believe what did the force do to the plastic part from the dogbone until you see it. the hole use to be circle and now it is some sort of eclipse shape. i guess i ll have to know the technique on how to land my mz from jumps....

hopefully the option parts are here. i cant afford to play halfway and installed the pinion again. my finger no longer able to keep count of how many times i keep reinstalling the universal pin.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

walaoeh.... i forcefully installed 7 kans cells onto my minizilla and it flys.... now it can pull wheelies.... hehehhe... so much fun..... now i m charging the pack so i can have some wheeliese again...

not only wheelies, now my minizilla can conquer the hills.... almost few times manage to climb up to almost one storey hill height.... hhehhee....

woooweeeee~~~

Old 02-23-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i need new all steel dogbone for Minizilla...

HPC may i know whether the option parts for minizilla is in the house? now my prob is back. i lost the universal cross pin again... this time i break loose two pin but i only manage to find one pin....

i have to reconsider, 10 cells for minizilla seems to be to powerfull.... with just 7 cells, you wouldnt believe what did the force do to the plastic part from the dogbone until you see it. the hole use to be circle and now it is some sort of eclipse shape. i guess i ll have to know the technique on how to land my mz from jumps....

hopefully the option parts are here. i cant afford to play halfway and installed the pinion again. my finger no longer able to keep count of how many times i keep reinstalling the universal pin.
wow.... if you go for 10 cell.... all you got to do is to change the pinion to a different size to give you back the same amount of torque while gaining more speed...
Old 02-23-2005, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Speed Demon
wow.... if you go for 10 cell.... all you got to do is to change the pinion to a different size to give you back the same amount of torque while gaining more speed...
yeah... now im using 9T and it is the standard pinion. the speed with 9T is fun but with the extra 3 cells and output current. i think it is going to be insane.

now im rethinking of putting 10cells in my zilla
Old 03-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

wow... guys..... check it out..... RC18MT. i guess MT in micro scale is getting popular and AE want to take XRAY head on with their micro scale MT and stadium truck cool....

rc18mt
Old 03-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Half8 MP777

The official Pictures of Half8 MP777 <link it from one18th.com>

[quoted from rchall.com's forum]
To be released Spring 2005 in two versions Special One and Classic.
Ability to change some geometry settings (camber, toe-n, etc)

- 4 driving wheels, 3 differentials
- 7.2v, could be carried to 9.6v
- Adjustable rear toe (comes with three different rear toe blocks)
- Adjustable front caster (20 and 22 degree front hubs provided)
- Several shock mounting positions in the both front and rear towers.
- Friction shocks (optional oil-filled with be available)
- Powered by 6 Alkaline dry cells or 8-cell NiMh GP 1100 cells
- Easily adjustable servo saver in right side bellcrank
- Full-time 4WD
- Slotted dish wheels with Mini-pin style tires (comes with foam inserts)
- 380-sized motor
- Micro-sized servo (different servo mounts provided for the bigger "Mini" sized servos)
- Plenty of chassis space for upgrading to 1/10-scale electronics
- Receiver and speedo combo unit
- Adjustable slipper clutch
- Droop screws in the suspension arms
- Mounts for optional front and rear sway bars
- Adjustable motor mount
- Most parts (suspension arms, chassis, towers etc...) closely resemble 1/8-scale Inferno
- Foe engine cooling head can easily be removed with a single body clip
[end of quotaion from rchall.com's forum]

Websites
The official Kyosho website<translated version>
nuremberg toy fair
Tanslated Kyosho Japan Website

Videos
first video
half 8 mp777 video

Option parts
FIRST list of Kyosho's up-coming option parts.

IHW01 Bearing Set
IHW02 Stabilizer Set
IHW03 Alloy Front Upper Plate
IHW04 Alloy Motor Mount
IHW05 Alloy Front Lower Suspension Holder
IHW06 Alloy Knuckle Arm Set
IHW07F Alloy Front Shock Stay
IHW07R Alloy Rear Shock Stay
IHW08BL Alloy screw Set Blue
IHW08R Alloy Screw Set Red
IHW09 Titanium Suspension Shaft Set
IHW10 Titanium Slipper Gear Shaft Set
IHW11F Titanium Swing Shaft Set Front
IHW11R Titanium Swing Shaft Set Rear
IHW12 Titanium Screw Set
IHW13 XSpeed SP Motor
IHW14 Oil Shock Set Front (Oil Weight TBC)
IHW15 Oil Shock Set Rear (Oil Weight TBC)
IHTH01W Pin Tire w/ White Rims (Stock)
IHTH01Y Pin Tire w/ Yellow Rims (Stock)
IHTH02W Micro Block Tire w/ White Rims
IHTH02Y Micro Block Tire w/ Yellow Rims
IHTH03W X-Pattern Tire w/ White Rims
IHTH03Y X-Pattern Tire w/ Yellow Rim

pictures of the "upgraded" half8 mp777<linked the pictures from www.one18th.com>

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
pic 4

"Detailed" pictures of half8 mp777
the sort of "manual book"
explode 1
explode

explode 3
explode 4
explode 5
explode 6
explode 7
explode 8
explode 9
explode 10

Close-up pictures of half8 mp777
picture 1 from rcmart.com and rchall.com
picture 2 from rcmart.com and rchall.com
picture 3 from rcmart.com and rchall.com
picture 4 from rcmart.com and rchall.com
picture 5 from rcmart.com and rchall.com
picture 6 from rcmart.com and rchall.com
picture 7 from rcmart.com and rchall.com
picture 8 from rcmart.com and rchall.com
picture 9 from rcmart.com and rchall.com
picture 10 from rcmart.com and rchall.com
picture 10 from rcmart.com and rchall.com
picutres of 8 cells nimh battery pack that can be fitted onto half8 mp777<quote from rccaraction.com>

IMO
This is a great car with a new scale and great design. It is as if Kyosho downscale every single parts from its popular 1/8 mp777.

The reason why the scale is half8 or 1/16 is because they claimed that it will have a better jump and handling. Beside that, a 8cells battery pack will be able to fit into half8 with ease.

As days go by more and more option parts are coming out for this half8, but the downsize about this RTR kit are it is not 100% ball bearings and the shocks are just normal friction shocks.

At the moment the ball bearings are only available for the 3 gear differential set. The rest where ball bearing should be are only fitted with bushing. The friction shock should be replaced with oil filled shock so it can provide a consistant damping effect.

For the pro of this car are a lot to name a few, it has some geometry setup such as the chamber, toe-in and etc. Apart from that, you can adjust the suspension setup for the best traction and damping according to your likes or tracks. And the list goes on.....

If you guys are wondering about the price for one of this buggy, it is APPROXIMATED to be around USD200. The release date would be around April but as the rumours said, the release date might be postponed.

Who knows, it might be voted as the best micro scale car of year 2005. Let s see the final product in the market
cheers~~~

Last edited by boydnhl; 03-02-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:45 PM
tornado

Default Re: Half8 MP777

The official Pictures of Half8 MP777 <link it from one18th.com>

[quoted from rchall.com's forum]
To be released Spring 2005 in two versions Special One and Classic.
Ability to change some geometry settings (camber, toe-n, etc)

- 4 driving wheels, 3 differentials
- 7.2v, could be carried to 9.6v
- Adjustable rear toe (comes with three different rear toe blocks)
- Adjustable front caster (20 and 22 degree front hubs provided)
- Several shock mounting positions in the both front and rear towers.
- Friction shocks (optional oil-filled with be available)