Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Secrets (SS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

red......

interested in racing R/C car again?......

maybe we can set appointment to race our Z like old times?

i have visited dynasty, i would say super cool racing experience, no sweat at all man, only sweat underpressure

will call to make appointment with you when i go again??
Old 02-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by RedEnzo

Mod motor - TTwangsa track, Section 19, glenmary
Brushless? -?,?,?
23 turn? -?,?,?
TT depends on layout, sometimes go high, sometimes go low..
Old 02-25-2008, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by edwintklee
red......

interested in racing R/C car again?......

maybe we can set appointment to race our Z like old times?

i have visited dynasty, i would say super cool racing experience, no sweat at all man, only sweat underpressure

will call to make appointment with you when i go again??
Hey, may be I can borrow your car...... heh heh heh..... Yes, those good ol days of miniz racing. no pressure, no hassle , no sweat. Cheap some more mah....
Old 08-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

for the sake of newbies I'm bumping this thread. lama dah sepi....
Old 08-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

some very good info by Jcyrul from the recent ifmar WC 08...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The newly crowned WC ran a perfect and very smart final. No problems, no mistakes and drove quick when he needed to.

Was he down on power?? Maybe a little on the straight but you could easily hear that the gearing was set more to have very strong pull through the infield rather than super high top end on the straight. The end of the straight was quite bumpy so you had to back off anyway so I don't think having a lot of top end was a benifit. I changed gearing which gave me really good top end but it was to help with shifting point and fuel milage, not for top speed. I heard some of the OS guys were super happy with their top end but complained about not enough bottom end power. Power (top/bottom) and fuel milage are always a balance. Look at defending WC Fukuda. He was looking great at the end of practice but fuel milage ultimatley cost him a good qualifying postition and a chance to defend his title.

Also, you have to think of these finals as a balancing act. Ielasi ran 1 hour with 5 minute pit stops and as you could see from the pictures still had good tires left at the end. Put in an engine that makes you run 4:30-4:45 and the tire wear goes up (as the case for Tosso and Hudy) and you have the chance to run quicker but run the risk of wearing extra tires. Not to mention that for a 4:45 pit you have to make 1 extra stop (4-5 seconds) and for a 4:30 pit you have to make 2 extra stops (8-10 seconds).

When talking with Paul before the race he wasn't sure if his car was good enough on tire wear to run the entire hour. Also, our concern with the increasing traction level and bumps in the sweeper were something to look at as several top runner's final was either hurt or finished by traction/bump rolls in the sweeper on the big tires. The idea was to run smaller tires, do the change and force the others to run a disiplined race and not try to chase the rabbit out there. Several drivers did drop out trying to chase the rabbit and the plan was working perfectly as Paul needed a 1 1/2-2 lap cushion going into the tire change which he did perfectly. Unfortunetly, the engine cut and we couldn't get it to fire fast enough. We had no problems re-starting it all week as Paul was using a plastic carburator so having that problem didn't even cross my mind.

In the end, there are so many ways to run a 1 hour final and have a shot at winning. In Messina at the 1/8 WC, Collari did 1 tire change at 30 minutes and Ielasi did 2 tire changes (at 20 and 40 minutes) and had Collari beat but a final pit crash in the pit lane cost him the WC.... Any plan, if executed correctly can win but each has risks and requires disipline to execute.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 09-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

nice one. Thanks
Old 09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

speed secret to me is spur 98+pinion 42+lipoand + hand winding motor...ok ma..dant care bout heat..
Old 09-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Hmmmmm It'll be like rocket.... Straight line okaylah...... masuk konar???
Old 09-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Just read the very big fuss about drivers cheating in the not too distant TAC finals. I'm dissapointed that I missed all the drama, controversies, politics. But the post race drama is just as exciting....

Read all about it here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...p-final-6.html

Just throwing a dumb rhetoric question. Does the motor rpm alone can make your car faster?

Well, from my limited experiece, it's partly true. There are a few factors to consider too. Like your motor torque, power, voltage, driving skill, luck etc etc etc. Correct me if I am wrong, the higher the rpm, the lower the torque.

RAcing is as much an art and science as it is about skill. Finding the correct balance of torque and rpm to suit a particular track is art by itself. The science of Power = Voltage X Current. Increasing voltage can make your car a lil bit more powerful and probably go faster. Since power is directly proportion to voltage and Current, it is wise to squeeze as much voltage from your battery pack as possible. And increase the current flow. How? After consulting some experts:

Voltage can be increase by using fresh batteries (less internal resistance, Peaking batteries using higher rate of charge. How many amps? Those days was 7A (bateri cepat kong). Now, lost touch oredi......Making sure all cells have same rate of discharge. Thats why we discharge individual cell. So by balancing all the 6 cells it is as if all 6 cylinders are running at optimum level.

Current can be increase by reducing resistance. Use cables that is as short as possible. Use good connector. Tamiya connector is barely enough to cater high amp discharge. Better still use direct soldering

Just my 2 cents. Cheers. Selamat berpuasa to all Miuslims.

Last edited by RedEnzo; 09-14-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Nothing new. It happens all the time.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

RAcing is as much an art and science as it is about skill. Finding the correct balance of torque and rpm to suit a particular track is art by itself. The science of Power = Voltage X Resistance. Increasing voltage can make your car a lil bit more powerful and probably go faster. Since power is directly proportion to voltage, it is wise to squeeze as much voltage from your battery pack as possible. How? Ask the experts.
im not expert... P = V x R is incorrect.

it should be P=V^2/R or P=I (current) x Voltage

more applicable to RC motors or car engines: power = revolutions (rpm) x torque.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by doriftu
im not expert... P = V x R is incorrect.

it should be P=V^2/R or P=I (current) x Voltage

more applicable to RC motors or car engines: power = revolutions (rpm) x torque.

Thanks for correcting me...My mistake P=V X I. (kalau my physic lecturer tau, mati wooo)
Old 09-16-2008, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Just for fun, I think I'd like to open up a new thread called "Cheat Secrets" or "Cheat Recipe"

Amacam? Okay tak?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Just for fun, I think I'd like to open up a new thread called "Cheat Secrets" or "Cheat Recipe"

Amacam? Okay tak?
Of course!!!!!! I don't want any kind of censorship on public forums anyway
Old 09-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Your wish is my command. I've posted a new thread "CHEAT SECRETS". So if anyone of you out there would like to share any incident of racer caught cheating (no name please) please share.

Click here please -> http://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysia...ml#post4845622

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.