Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Secrets (SS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

multiple transponders to the same #. The only trouble is explaining those .02 laps
Old 09-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

How does it works Moose?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedEnzo
I remember when Masami used to race in Malaysia a few years back, he was well down to earth and tak kedekut ilmu. He would gladly share with us some racing and set up tips. Let me be honest, there are some guys that are willing to share tips, eg Chee Yong, Azman and a few more top racers that I could not recall- sorry guys
I have a few ways in looking at this.

Someone that is not secure in their driving ability, that has a good setup, will not share due to wanting to keep those that could benefit, behind them.
or
Someone secure in their ability who knows that they are at a higher level and knows a setup will help and will not be a factor in beating the higher level person.
or
Running into leeches that only suck you dry 1-way exchange of information.

I tend be secure in my racing and help people getting their cars setup even at bigger races. Locally I have nothing to hide from my friends or local racers, even the racers at my level. I figure it will only step up my game.

Although at bigger races I tend to look out for people who are my friends ONLY. What changed that, a guy at a bigger race had a miserable weekend because they missed the setup mark. With the info convinced the guy of, they have a 180 in attitude change from miserable to a contender. Another thing they found was ego. Not that I wish for a shower of praises but a simple appreciation would be nice. You have to remember drivers put in days/weeks/months/years on setups... a simple appreciation makes it feel worthwhile.

I had a friend that found the setup at his local track this year. I did not feel comfortable in picking his total setup until after the last race. I knew it would give me an advantage and did not want to make his win any more difficult. I respected his effort. Next year when I race there I will definately try it.

Then there are the leeches. Who seek information because they are off on their setup and know you can help them but, they are unwilling to share what they are doing or they lie. Some will even give you bad info to try and put you in the wrong direction.

I am sure people who read this thread are different. Just be aware that information is not always easily attained and why it is not.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I have a few ways in looking at this.

Someone that is not secure in their driving ability, that has a good setup, will not share due to wanting to keep those that could benefit, behind them.
or
Someone secure in their ability who knows that they are at a higher level and knows a setup will help and will not be a factor in beating the higher level person.
or
Running into leeches that only suck you dry 1-way exchange of information.

I tend be secure in my racing and help people getting their cars setup even at bigger races. Locally I have nothing to hide from my friends or local racers, even the racers at my level. I figure it will only step up my game.

Although at bigger races I tend to look out for people who are my friends ONLY. What changed that, a guy at a bigger race had a miserable weekend because they missed the setup mark. With the info convinced the guy of, they have a 180 in attitude change from miserable to a contender. Another thing they found was ego. Not that I wish for a shower of praises but a simple appreciation would be nice. You have to remember drivers put in days/weeks/months/years on setups... a simple appreciation makes it feel worthwhile.

I had a friend that found the setup at his local track this year. I did not feel comfortable in picking his total setup until after the last race. I knew it would give me an advantage and did not want to make his win any more difficult. I respected his effort. Next year when I race there I will definately try it.

Then there are the leeches. Who seek information because they are off on their setup and know you can help them but, they are unwilling to share what they are doing or they lie. Some will even give you bad info to try and put you in the wrong direction.

I am sure people who read this thread are different. Just be aware that information is not always easily attained and why it is not.
agreewhat else secret we cannot reveal?it still comeback to the individual driving skills that cant be shared..
i have the same view as you..share and develope more local drivers and built up their confidence..
Old 09-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

There is a certain satisfaction when you help a local, their car becomes drivable and they finish off the day with a big grin . . .

Another friend I helped is kicking my butt in stock. Although I have been trying to gain more experience using Tamiya tires which don't have much grip with a 13.5... Which is something we both figured out together. Although next race I am done with that brand of tire and want to give him a run for the last race.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

i'm feelin fast..so fast but cant compete with xray nor serpent..so what the main prob?..my g4 or my hand, my remote or my set up?...ermmm..i thing my self la...hehehe

still..pinion 42T vs spur 98T is the secret weapon for my ep..
Old 09-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mytoda5
i'm feelin fast..so fast but cant compete with xray nor serpent..so what the main prob?..my g4 or my hand, my remote or my set up?...ermmm..i thing my self la...hehehe

still..pinion 42T vs spur 98T is the secret weapon for my ep..
this excites me when you mentioned cannot compete with xray or serpent..G4 is top 10 worlds wor!
smallest spur&big pinion doesnt mean you gona be furious on the straight line..biggest spur&small pinion doesnt promise you are king of take off..
both has got to suite your engine and pipe..also tuning of your clutch
Old 09-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

still cant compete in straight line.and also stability..and also the material..that made xray the stronger kit...no wonder la kuching recer nowdays fever with xray nt1..still out of stock..just take 1-2 days for the lhs sold out that stock..

the pinion secret is for ep..hehehe..laju oo...but already burn up couple of esc..damn..
Old 09-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HB Moose
multiple transponders to the same #. The only trouble is explaining those .02 laps
better put that transponder in front foam or bodyshell..hehehe u can save 0.002 sec...hehehehe
Old 09-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mytoda5
still cant compete in straight line.and also stability..and also the material..that made xray the stronger kit...no wonder la kuching recer nowdays fever with xray nt1..still out of stock..just take 1-2 days for the lhs sold out that stock..

the pinion secret is for ep..hehehe..laju oo...but already burn up couple of esc..damn..

well since you insist to make the statement..xray definitely is a value for money car..
Old 09-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

nak tukar takde duit..ade duit takde stok..ade stok..tak cukup duit lak..haiyya...last2 beli 1-18 xray..puas ati..p dah beli 1/18 lak..takde pulak orang main..pastu takde pulak spare part..susahnye....
Old 09-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

saya selalu bangsa Tamiya kereta , ( bukan 415 atau 416 mereka adalah lemah ) mereka adalah cantik kuat .
Xray adalah terlalu .

If that makes any sense...
Old 09-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
saya selalu bangsa Tamiya kereta , ( bukan 415 atau 416 mereka adalah lemah ) mereka adalah cantik kuat .
Xray adalah terlalu .

If that makes any sense...

Doesn't make sense.

If I may translate....I gather you are trying to say that you always race (it is lumba and not bangsa. bangsa also is call race but on a more racial sense....heh heh heh) but not the 415 or 416 that are weak. They (Tamiya cars) are strong where else Xray cars are so.....
Old 09-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RedEnzo
Doesn't make sense.

If I may translate....I gather you are trying to say that you always race (it is lumba and not bangsa. bangsa also is call race but on a more racial sense....heh heh heh) but not the 415 or 416 that are weak. They (Tamiya cars) are strong where else Xray cars are so.....

i sambung..

enchanting and expensive..?
here in Malaysia,car performance is crutial,but looking at higher skills level,its not really the car..
pricing is another subjective..we cant get a ferrari at BMW price..
Old 09-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

let me sambung...

terlalu...

mahal..both kit and spare part..mr mavixx..can u tell us where to buy cheap parts?...hehehehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.