Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checkered Flag Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Jeff-What rules(ROAR or Made up) are you going to use?
Old 01-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

We are in the final stages of finishing the classes and rules. We are looking to make the rules come as close as we can to what Checkered Flag runs as well as the tracks in OK that have a strong following. I think the more the rules are simular the more crossover there could be from the tracks.

This is the early class structure much like your classes. The early interest locally has been in 3 areas Buggy/EDM, Sprint Cars and the Mini T/18t type cars.

Classes that I know we will run
Buggy/EDM on rubber tires

Latemodel/Sedan Based

Sprint Car 360 (19t) and Outlaw (Mod)...we have had a large group of our mod racers getting the cars so we will field a mod sprint class for them.

Stadium Truck with Stock bodies

Beginner Stock Mini
Open Mini (Latemodel bodies)

Now the tire issue is going to be solved when the track gets done in a couple of weeks. The offroad track next to the oval runs the same dirt. When it is damp the offroad track is Pink Losi Compound tires made into slicks....they last forever....and are strapped. If the track is let go dry then it has shown Pink Tapper Pins type tires. I am thinking they are going to keep it moist so tire wear and choice should be easy.

Mod Sprint will be open motor choice open tire choice foam if they work on the surface or rubber.

These are some early structure....some more specific rules will be posted on the website www.hphobbies.com or I will get them on rctech.

These are not set in stone but gives an idea of what we will offer....most of it will translate from track to track. As much traveling as we do in Hutch tires are always an issue....we will get the info out so anyone that wants to come will be prepaired.....

Jeff
Old 01-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is the custom works part #9001 Open Comp Camaro Body legal for use in 4wd late model class out at checkered flag?

Old 01-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Never mind, found out that body is 1 1/2" too wide.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rivbluenoma
Never mind, found out that body is 1 1/2" too wide.
It should fit over your buggy based 2wd late model. It is alittle wide for the TC3 and XXXS.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

The Body would be legal in the 4WD class but NOT in the 2WD.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Tim, I thought you had a 2wd buggy based late model and a 4wd touring car late model class. I figured the bodies looked the same, only wider the buggy. Can you shed some light?

Thanks,Randy
Old 01-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Randy, at the last club meeting last year all the rules were voted on. The club voted not to allow wedge type bodies in the 2wd class. We are looking for bodies like the McAllister Tulsa Late Model or the Custom Works Lumina or T- Bird. Hope this helps.

4WD Late Model
1: Any Touring car single motor chassis.
2: Modifications can be made to the chassis.
3: Any manufactured Dirt Late Model body( SIDE DAMS ALLOWED Total Body and Side Dam maximum height 7”)
4: 2” Rear spoiler allowed measured from deck lid
5: Any Drive or Transmission.
6: 6 cell NIMH or NICAD batteries only
7: Any 19 Turn motor.
8: Buggy or Rally Rubber Tires. (NO FOAMS OR SILICONED TIRES ALLOWED)

2WD Kansas Dirt Late Model
1: Any chassis.
2: Modifications can be made to the chassis and suspension.
3: Any manufactured Dirt Late Model body. NO Wedge Bodies. Wheel wells must be cut out but must cover the tops of all tires. Rear of body can be cut out. 2” Rear Spoiler allowed measured from deck lid. Spoilers may have side panels but they must be attached to the spoiler and the body with the maximum size being 2”x 2”
(NO Side dams allowed.)
4: Must run buggy arms and tires.
5: 2WD transmission only.
6: 6 cell NIMH or NICAD batteries only
7: Any motor, brushed or brushless.
8: Rubber tires only. (NO FOAMS OR SILICONED TIRES ALLOWED)
Old 01-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Tim-I was told that as long as it had a full roof that it wasn't considered a wedge body. Wedge bodies are like the Bullet, Blomquist,Rocket Wedge and the Phantom. Which all have left sided roofs.
Attached Thumbnails Checkered Flag Raceway-9011.jpg   Checkered Flag Raceway-9005.jpg  
Old 01-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for catching that. You are correct, I guess you shouldn't try to answer questions when your dead tired. The Black and Gold body that was posted is legal but the Black and Silver you posted isn't.

Thanks again
Old 01-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

No problem. That gives everybody a few more options.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

So out of the ones that RCB3 posted the one on the left is obviously not legal. Is the pro mod lumina body on the right legal for the 4wd class? Sorry, just want to make sure Ive got this right before I put down the cash for the body and paint.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

The one on the left is NOT leagal. The Lumina is legal
Old 01-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

any word on transponders for this summer?
Old 01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Well we thought we had a system bought through ebay only to get scammed. Right now the case is in the hands of the DA's office. I have been looking at other options but for now we will be the same as last year. Hopefully something works out and we get something either before the season starts or during the season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.