R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Kansas/Missouri Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-missouri-racing-56/)
-   -   Lawrence Oval Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-missouri-racing/272285-lawrence-oval-racing.html)

touringdriver 04-21-2009 11:10 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Big Midget 04-21-2009 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by B 4 RACER (Post 5712883)
YA TRAXXAS SUCKS.... GOOD THING THERE IS A LOT OF THEM OUT THERE, THEY PAY A SUBSTANTIAL PART EVERY MONTHS RENT!!!!:nod: JUST LOOK AT FASTLANE!!!!!!!!! :nod::nod::nod::nod:

Looks like Traxxas owes me some money then :nod::D

B 4 RACER 04-21-2009 01:32 PM

WELL I GUESS WERE THERE IS OFFROAD FOR THE SLASH, I KINDA UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. I COULDN'T GIVE UP RACING THESE, THEY ARE A GOOD START FOR GETTING BACK IN THE HOBBIE FOR ME AND MY SON.

Big Midget 04-21-2009 02:23 PM

Thats Cool!! I have thought about trying out the slash class at jakes. :nod:

Theres nothing wrong with traxxas at all, most of us have owned a Traxxas product at sometime. Traxxas jato was my first real RC, If there was never a T-maxx there probably wouldn't have ever been a Savage. :D

B 4 RACER 04-21-2009 02:35 PM

I HAVE A TC4 WITH A MCALISTER COT BODY AND A HPI BLACK TOURING WING ON IT (LIKE THE PIC ON HERE),I HAVE THE HPI VINTAGE NASCAR WHEELS AND TIRES ON IT, WILL THIS BE LEAGLE FOR THE OVAL RACING THERE?

vines 04-21-2009 02:52 PM

I wish you guys raced on Sundays, my Saturdays are just too busy. I'll still try and make a few races this summer though.:nod:

Big Midget 04-21-2009 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by B 4 RACER (Post 5713893)
I HAVE A TC4 WITH A MCALISTER COT BODY AND A HPI BLACK TOURING WING ON IT (LIKE THE PIC ON HERE),I HAVE THE HPI VINTAGE NASCAR WHEELS AND TIRES ON IT, WILL THIS BE LEAGLE FOR THE OVAL RACING THERE?

Yes, you can run that set up in the 13.5 class. The same set up as the stock class in T-town. Come join us, I think there's some guys running slash over here too so bring your boy :nod: 3 makes a class :D

rc10t4ft 04-21-2009 06:04 PM

Rick this guy is selling come 501x parts cheap also in his other auctions. http://cgi.ebay.com/TRF501x-TRF-501x...3%3A1|294%3A50 Send him an offer and you could get a smokin deal with free shipping.

theDover 04-22-2009 07:41 PM

OK, inquiring minds want to know. (:sneaky:)
What is the progress so far for the organized racing in Lawrence? I mean what's left to do? Are you guys ready? Need anything still? I'm not TOO positive if I could make it out this Saturday (weather permitting even) :rolleyes: ...so 2 weeks from this weekend possibly.

(to those who know me) I miss being in Lawrence, like hangin' out over at...
Roger's Hobbies
I just gotta be over there doin' something, soon. :blush:

Hey....in 2 weeks, how many Topeka Racers would like to go and throw down?

rc10t4ft 04-22-2009 08:01 PM

Allz iz got iz nitro onroadz. Except F1.

Big Midget 04-22-2009 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by theDover (Post 5720296)
OK, inquiring minds want to know. (:sneaky:)
What is the progress so far for the organized racing in Lawrence? I mean what's left to do? Are you guys ready? Need anything still? I'm not TOO positive if I could make it out this Saturday (weather permitting even) :rolleyes: ...so 2 weeks from this weekend possibly.

(to those who know me) I miss being in Lawrence, like hangin' out over at...
Roger's Hobbies
I just gotta be over there doin' something, soon. :blush:

Hey....in 2 weeks, how many Topeka Racers would like to go and throw down?

It would be very cool to have some T-town racers joining us, Its really you guys that have encouraged us to get organized ;)

We're rolling right along though. we've got the bridge built and the receivers mounted. Software down loaded and the transponders are gone. Roger hooked us up with 2 receivers that we needed.
Thanks Roge :nod:

We're ready really, I'm sure there will be a few things that pop up but we're ready. the one thing that might be holding us back for a little bit is transponders. They seem to be on back order currently. Most of the lawrence guys have them but we need more for sure.

Roger is it possible for you to order direct from Robitronics-usa. I've been on they're tread and it sounds easy to become a dealer....:tire: I'm sure I can get some info plus there's a couple of guys here that have Avids now;):tire::tire:(I have no idea if that cost $$$ or what so.....:tire:)

Do you guys think we should have a drivers meeting so we're all on the same page about entry fee's who's in charge of this and that (Money and were it goes for the track) pre-race registration and so on........:tire::D

I'm going to be selling my new cyclone. Its a good car with alot of potential :nod: no matter what anyone says. Its new and would come with a nip set of 3 racing shocks.$130 and it yours. The only reason I'm selling it is I bought a Robitronics Avid http://www.skmotion.com/detail.asp?ProductNO=00310002

:D

Big Midget 04-22-2009 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the bridge with the receivers mounted. we need to get a couple more receivers mounted but thats it.
thanks again Roger for hooking up the receivers. we might need that
second one.......................:tire:

Attachment 444683

touringdriver 04-22-2009 10:54 PM

yea meeting! hehe yea! cool meeting heehee! what meeting? hehe hehehe!

Georgeshobby 04-22-2009 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by touringdriver (Post 5720989)
yea meeting! hehe yea! cool meeting heehee! what meeting? hehe hehehe!

I got a place we can meet at! What better place than a hobby shop? I can make a pot of coffee (to keep y'all awake!) and we can go over the details.

Big Midget 04-22-2009 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Georgeshobby (Post 5721017)
I got a place we can meet at! What better place than a hobby shop? I can make a pot of coffee (to keep y'all awake!) and we can go over the details.

We can wing it and work things out as we go, which is cool too...........:tire: