R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Kansas/Missouri Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-missouri-racing-56/)
-   -   Lawrence Oval Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-missouri-racing/272285-lawrence-oval-racing.html)

rockstar81 05-05-2009 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Georgeshobby (Post 5770548)
but I hope to have it down for the first Hippyville timed and scored race soon.

Any chance that might be this weekend??? :D

touringdriver 05-05-2009 05:14 AM

yes we are hoping to have the lap counting system up and tryin it out saturday night.

rockstar81 05-05-2009 10:16 AM

Sweet! :nod:

touringdriver 05-08-2009 08:29 PM

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr, Crash came over tonight and got the lap counting program all installed on his laptop. so we believe we're ready for Lawrence's 1st official oval race. mike and i will be running the system all night. track prep starts at 7 pm tomorrow night. races start at 8pm. we will be having a sign in sheet also. so please everyone bare with us for a few weeks to get everything ironed out. Georges hobby also has transponders in stock now. i know some of you purchased a transponder from jay cheap. he had no clue what rogers price was at the time. cause right now roger probably looks like the bad guy charging almost double what jay did. i saw the invoice today and he as a business is only making $3.00 per transponder. or you can buy them from tower hobbies for 39.00 plus shipping. if you have no transponder you can still race but you'll need to find someone to hand count for you.
roger may have a few at the track for sale or to rent. thats up to him. the races will be 5 minutes long. with 10 minutes between races. we'll do 2 rounds and then the mains.
as the summer brings us lighter evenings we'll go to 3 rounds. hope to see everyone there tomorrow night. and maybe some t town boys as well.;)

Big Midget 05-08-2009 08:46 PM

Thats sounds great!! hopefully everything will fall right into place :nod:
Should be sweet!!

rockstar81 05-08-2009 10:04 PM

I should be there +1 or 2 :D

theDover 05-08-2009 11:34 PM

Rick-
Would you please do us a favor and accomplish (set in stone) the actual classes that would be run? I ask this because I came over last Saturday and there was no one to run with so....Well, I guess Mike had his 9000kv but...you know what I mean. :tire:

I know there's been page long posts on here a few pages back about this but....
Not everyone one has a 5800 motor or the same body style or etc....
You could do the Topeka Classes for sure. Then add the Checkered Flag style classes like the Late Model 4wd, Nascar Class, or NasTruck style Class. Just a thought.

Seems to me that a lot of you guys are still pretty diverse in classes and there's not a lot of you that can make out 3 to a class yet. 13.5 looks to be the most popular though.

Big Midget 05-09-2009 10:45 PM

How'd the racing go tonight.........:tire::D

touringdriver 05-09-2009 10:48 PM

:Ddude man dude it was dude groovy dude.

touringdriver 05-09-2009 10:49 PM

no really it was fun and then it was cold. the counting system still has some bugs to be worked out but all in all it was good. man how was that old mans birthday party. :lol::lol:

touringdriver 05-09-2009 10:53 PM

thanks guys to everyone who got to come out tonight and race. i think you guys should try mounting your transponders on the hood right up to the windsheild or do like mike did his, ream a small hole in the roof and shoogoo it in on the inside of the body.

we had some minor counting issues jay>

Big Midget 05-09-2009 10:54 PM

It was kinda crazy, lots of kids and people. Its been a long day I've been
up since 4:45am :rolleyes:

did you get to use the lap counting system??

Big Midget 05-09-2009 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by touringdriver (Post 5792038)
thanks guys to everyone who got to come out tonight and race. i think you guys should try mounting your transponders on the hood right up to the windsheild or do like mike did his, ream a small hole in the roof and shoogoo it in on the inside of the body.

we had some minor counting issues jay>

Ah.. I just saw this post.....

so mounting the transponder in the car, visible through the windshield might not work??

rockstar81 05-09-2009 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by dimerip87gt (Post 5792070)
Ah.. I just saw this post.....

so mounting the transponder in the car, visible through the windshield might not work??

maybe not... :( It worked most of the time but it would miss some, maybe a different location or I may cut out a hole out above it. :tire: Had a blast tonight anyways, we will plan on seeing everybody again next weekend. :sneaky:

Big Midget 05-12-2009 08:12 PM

Who's all planing on racing 10.5's this weekend?

I'm in for 13.5 nascar car style :D

Just need to know if I should get my late model ready :sneaky: