R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Kansas/Missouri Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-missouri-racing-56/)
-   -   Lawrence Oval Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-missouri-racing/272285-lawrence-oval-racing.html)

plipitkc 02-01-2009 06:16 PM

Lawrence Oval Racing

"tis that time of year again for us to set the Lawrence Oval Racing Rules and classes.

This is also the time and place to voice your opinions because silence will be considered acceptance. If a lot of opinions are expressed by Feb 8 then a meeting will be setup to work things out. Place and time to be determined.

CLASSES

Box Stock Class

This class will be the RTR class and ALL components must remain as they were when removed from the box. Radios can be upgraded to the Spectrum or other. No changes in motor, battery, speed control, etc allowed. Chassis to be 4wd.

4wd Stock NASCAR

Motor: 13.5 BL or equivalent Brushed
Battery: Any battery up to 5000 mah and 7.4 vdc, Lipo will be 2s and up to 5000 mah
Body: any COT style molded NASCAR body. Must sport COT style rear spoiler.
Tires: Any rubber slick tire on either 26 mm or 30mm rims.
Chassis: any 4wd touring car chassis.

4wd 10.5 class

Motor: 10.5 BL or equivalent Brushed
Battery: Any battery up to 5000 mah and 7.4 vdc, Lipo will be 2s and up to 5000 mah
Body: any molded latemodel styled body regardless of manufacturer.
Spoilers: The rear spoiler will be limited to 2" as measured from the deck. Side dams are optional and limited to 3-1/4" from the deck including any wickerbill at the top and must be supported in a minmum of two places with a solid strap. No floppers allowed. This side dam must be 3-1/2" behind the center of the front wheel and not extend more than 1=1/2" beyond the rear of the car and must be located only on the left hand side of the car. NO extension or supports or thingamobob or whatumacallit, etc will be allowed on the the remaining parts of the car. All cars are considered to be left hand drive cars.
Tires: Any rubber slick tire or foam tire on eirther 26 mm or 30mm rims.

Open class:

Any chassis 4wd or 2wd allowed.
Body: No restriction on body type but it must cover all wheels and but firmly attached. LAtemodel bodies must comply with the above restrictions. TC body must comply with ROAR rules.
Powerpant: Nitro or Electric allowed.
Chassis must be 1/10 scale.

1/8 Scale Latemodel

Rules governoring this class are being adopted from the NSCS and can be found on Dirtoval.com / links / NSCS / Class Rules.

Any and all other classes are open to suggestion if needed and please remember, it takes minmum of 3 to make a class.

General Rules:

1. No bitching or nasty comments between any racers. Both will be asked to leave. Second offense unfortunately will not be allowed to return.

2. Car will be rendomly tech for compliance. Non compliance will be DG.

3. We are here for a good time and fellowship among racers and besides we are not racing NASCAR and these are toy cars among men.

4. Rough driving as determined by the race director will be a warning for the first offense. Second offese will be DQ for that race. Third offense will be for the night.

5. Race director has the final word.

ENTRY FEES: We plan to charge a weekly entry fee to cover expenses and lap counting equipment, etc. That fee currently is planned for $5.00 per entrant (car). All monies above the nightly costs will be returned as either winnings or door prizes. This will be determined at the time by the race director.

Thank you

Phil

Georgeshobby 02-01-2009 06:46 PM

Sounds good to me! 'Bout time we get a thread about RACING in LAWRENCE!
At least it gives us something to discuss!

Big Midget 02-01-2009 07:25 PM

Who's the race director. Is this Lornes lap counting system or ???
Why is there a limit on the capicity of a lipo? Whats that matter.
I'm planning on buying a late model body and running it, 4300 class 10.5 class, I'm not worried about measuring anything as long as it sets low and my wheels line up. Is this en-tire talk or 6th street...............:tire:

Georgeshobby 02-01-2009 07:29 PM

A "Gearbox class" for 2WD trucks & buggies. Also an unlimited Monster Truck class! this one could be gas or electric, to be divided if turnout allows. Also, I think we should allow a little leeway in the Nascar class to let people run the bodies they ran last year, the HPI Stocker w/ touring car rear spoiler. I think the Mah limit on Li-Po's is a bit much, though.

touringdriver 02-01-2009 07:40 PM

i'd think the more the miah the bigger the battery, which means the heavier the battery theSLOWER the car. :tire:

Big Midget 02-01-2009 07:51 PM

Who's running 10.5 and 13.5 classes

touringdriver 02-01-2009 07:58 PM

i would like to suggest the rules be finalized in the next 3 or 4 weeks and sufficent amount of copies available at Georges hobby house. so current and new comer racers can pick up a copy. once the rules are set then we can have a more structured idea of classes and where ROGER can spend our money. :D i also urge supporting your local hobby store as much as possible. yes the internet is cheaper. but remember shipping. no i don't know why some things get to rogers faster than others however if he can't have it in 4 to 5 days than yes order it elsewhere. you can't race with a broken car. the EN-TIRE parking lot is still under rogers guidance this year. i"m just another racer there.

Guys i will try to do more racing here in town also this summer. 3 years ago i talked with alot of you local guys about possibly getting back into racing. well i did. the 1st year was onroad only. the 2 year i continued to onroad racing and also started nitro 1/8 buggy off road racing and also relate an Ole flame with getting back into electric off road racing. i plan on continuing my RC racing for a couple reasons. 1: i have a loving wife that i think enjoys being at the races almost as much as i. 2: this sport is my passion so as long as I'm able to pull the trigger i am.;) i hope we have a fun season this year and get some new racers showing up more. good thread DOC!;)

touringdriver 02-01-2009 08:01 PM

i myself will be running the 4300 late model hooptie class:lol:

touringdriver 02-01-2009 08:03 PM

i will talk to AP from topeka soon and as him about the free lap counting system for a laptop.

Big Midget 02-01-2009 08:51 PM

This should turn out to be pretty good.
Having the rules in writing at Rogers is a great idea. I also like the idea of a box stockclass. It should bring in more racers, people who are new to racing or on a budget like we all are.

The rules on the late model bodies. Whats a flopper and a wickerbill. I'm not a seasoned oval racer. I'd just like to buy a body and use it.

I will try to make more races this year as well.
I'll be running the 10.5/4300 class.

Painterpower 02-01-2009 08:56 PM

Any ideas on when we're going to start?

Has anyone talked to Lorne about the lap counter?

Big Midget 02-01-2009 09:13 PM

I'm guessing we'ed start racing in April sometime. Roger will probably post it or maybe we can all agree on a date. The lap counting system they're talking about is one you download to a lap top.

Georgeshobby 02-01-2009 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Painterpower (Post 5374440)
Has anyone talked to Lorne about the lap counter?

I know I haven't talked to him tonight. maybe he'll see this and join the discussion.

plipitkc 02-02-2009 08:11 PM

Man did i stir up the hippies!!

4wd 10.5 /4300 class

Motor: 10.5 BL, 4300 BL, or equivalent Brushed
Battery: Any Nimh battery, Lipos will be 2s and up to 5000 mah
Body: any molded latemodel styled body regardless of manufacturer.
Spoilers: The rear spoiler will be limited to 2" as measured from the deck. Side dams are optional and limited to 3-1/4" from the deck including any wickerbill at the top and must be supported in a minmum of two places with a solid strap. No floppers allowed. This side dam must be 3-1/2" behind the center of the front wheel and not extend more than 1=1/2" beyond the rear of the car and must be located only on the left hand side of the car. NO extension or supports or thingamobob or whatumacallit, etc will be allowed on the the remaining parts of the car. All cars are considered to be left hand drive cars.
Tires: Any rubber slick tire or foam tire on eirther 26 mm or 30mm rims.

Open Truckclass:

Any chassis 2wd Only only allowed.
Body: Limited to Monster Truck, Stadium Truck, or EDM style bodies only.
Powerpant: Nitro or Electric allowed.
Chassis must be 1/10 scale.

touringdriver 02-02-2009 08:15 PM

Nice avitar doc.