Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA 2015-2016 new season proposals

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I like the idea of two regions running, with the "big" race at the end of the year... they do it in 250 Supercross. Seams to work. Of course, then you are looking at even more FSEARA personnel being required.... so that could be an issue.

Any chance 301 & 386 can get a round this year? They are permanent tracks that run weekly and are experiencing pretty solid, slowly growing turnouts. I think these are two tracks that could provide a boost. If they were part of the series and displayed info (banners, rules/info sheets, series schedules) then I could only see that as being a plus. The name needs to get out there a bit more.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Minregg used to have speedline and fast tracks in the neighborhood. Again we used to have clubs- we got what we wanted permanent tracks away from the public- our main source for new racers. This coming weekend is the only place were there is a Hobbyshop and parking lot racing. 386 has people walking by all the time and his racers are increasing. All the tracks we race at are hidden from the public.We need to talk with the hobbyshops at are still left and see if we can get them involved with the series. I'll have some old history this weekend of what was done in the good old days.
We have had a uphill battle with the king of R/C -off road. The one shop up here sells some much off-road every week.You can run anywhere to practice ublike On-road.
Nitro and electric will not mix. Just like Oval and on road at the same events did niot.* Not Minregg as they are on different days. If you want to work at helping the series grow Troy could use all the help he can get. By the way the clubs used to do the tech as part of there getting the race back then.
Also I think we should have a club meeting on a seperate day after this event to discuss the proposals. We actually did that in the past. there was nothing to do except work on the series. Not rushing to go race or get home. It was usually done 3 weeks after the last race and in Orlando.We rented a conference room at a hotel.You want to get thing going again let's take our time and get things right.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

A few thoughts as I read-through this trhead.

1. There certainly is a lot of talk about things that need to be done, but no one willing to put their time where their mouth is. We are currently going on the third year of a director who is only doing this so the series doesn't fall apart. You all are talking about big plans for growth, but the reality is the first thing that needs to be addressed is simply making sure this series doesn't disolve. I only took this on two years ago becuase no one else would. Same story for Troy this year.

2. Bill - no one cares how far you have to drive to race. We all have hardships that limit how much we can race and how much money we can spend.

3. Historically speaking FSEARA represented the cream of the crop of of Florida on-road racing. Ancient history, fellas. Whatever reason you want to give it, too expensive, too much off-road, no clubs...doesn't change the fact that our series is nothing more than about 40 hardcore guys who like to race against each other. We're just a glorified Club that has a year-end banquet. It is what it is, no reason to get upset about it. Enjoy what we have.

4. Sponsors - "The manufacturers need to support our series!" Why? We don't support the manufacturers. Boca Bearing has been the best sponsor for us for several years. I announce that fact everytime I pull a ticket to give away their gift certificate that they send, like clock-work, every race. How many of you have every purchased bearings from them? Tekin sends stuff for every race, too. How many Tekin speedos do I see in tech? Not many. Cooper made a great point earlier - sponsored drivers do way more to sell product than raffle donations do.

5. Tech - I read some grumblings about the quality of tech. Quite frankly, you can kiss my ass. You want a good tech? Come up 5 minutes before your heat, prepared for tech. Not running up "I'm in the next race, I'm in the next race." Don't chit chat about how you got your car figured out while we're trying to navigate 4 miles of loose wires trying to get a voltage reading. Or my favorite, "I"m back to back so can you go ahead and tech this car too while I'm up here?" Y'all are concerned about tech when their are only 4 cars in the entire class your running. You guys want to pull motors after every run? Just let me know. Happy to oblige. Tech is relaxed because that's the tone of our series. Anyone who wants to cheat is going to cheat tech or no tech. You're not getting beat because someone is 10g lighter. You're getting beat because you're not as good as you think you are.

As I sign off, I want to thank Tim Caporal for scoring and timing. You didn't get a chance to run much this year, but you still kept up with everything. Tim Kowal for running the website and Troy for helping me with whatever needed to be done. Good luck next year, gentlemen. Can't wait to show up next year and just race.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't believe we need to do anything rash and re-invent the wheel here. We have had some really good racing on some great racetracks lately. Sure, our numbers are down but lets look on the bright side. We get to have a full day of racing, with all our Florida friends, and still get home at a decent time. I have some things in the works for Tech, consolidating Trans Am is one of them. Two classes with different rules is impossible for tech. We have to find the right balance for tech, keeping everyone honest and not being a PITA experience.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Jeff, Troy, and both tims,

Thanks for all you guys do. I know dealing with us is a pain in the ass but you managed to keep the series going for yet another year . I know I didn't get to race near as much racing this year as in the past but I will be racing more this upcoming season
See you at race 1!

Thanks again
Cory
Old 05-13-2015, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have read through this thread and here's what I think . We should go to a four race series . One every two months so there is more time to get "excited" for the "big" race . Three of the four count . Then two months after the FSEARA season is done, have the Region Four Championships . Crown a Region Four Champion on Sunday and have the FSEARA banquet on that Saturday night . Invite everyone even racers who only attend the Regional's so 'they" can see what FSEARA is all about .

All four FSEARA races and the Region Four Championships should be ran on the same tire for touring car .

Saturday club races can be any tire but also have a FSEARA tire class as well in Touring Car. If I'm not mistaken all other classes have the same spec tire for each class . VTA WGT and so no...

Just my opinion...
Robert Bowser
Old 05-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

nothing? anyone? no comment?
Old 05-14-2015, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert Bowser
Bueller, Bueller
Old 05-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert Bowser
going to only four races means only racing at four tracks. I like competing at different tracks. 7 to 8 tracks would be ideal. but I understand your point. we have all made good suggestions here, but I think we need to focus on getting attendance up at all the tracks. just my opinion
Old 05-15-2015, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Food for thought
8 race series
5 outdoor
3 indoor during the rainy season
Old 05-15-2015, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Food for thought
8 race series
5 outdoor
Awesome thought. that would be ideal.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Food for thought
8 race series
5 outdoor
+1 i like the idea GMartinez
Old 05-15-2015, 10:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ground-round
A few thoughts as I read-through this trhead.

1. There certainly is a lot of talk about things that need to be done, but no one willing to put their time where their mouth is. We are currently going on the third year of a director who is only doing this so the series doesn't fall apart. You all are talking about big plans for growth, but the reality is the first thing that needs to be addressed is simply making sure this series doesn't disolve. I only took this on two years ago becuase no one else would. Same story for Troy this year.

2. Bill - no one cares how far you have to drive to race. We all have hardships that limit how much we can race and how much money we can spend.

3. Historically speaking FSEARA represented the cream of the crop of of Florida on-road racing. Ancient history, fellas. Whatever reason you want to give it, too expensive, too much off-road, no clubs...doesn't change the fact that our series is nothing more than about 40 hardcore guys who like to race against each other. We're just a glorified Club that has a year-end banquet. It is what it is, no reason to get upset about it. Enjoy what we have.

4. Sponsors - "The manufacturers need to support our series!" Why? We don't support the manufacturers. Boca Bearing has been the best sponsor for us for several years. I announce that fact everytime I pull a ticket to give away their gift certificate that they send, like clock-work, every race. How many of you have every purchased bearings from them? Tekin sends stuff for every race, too. How many Tekin speedos do I see in tech? Not many. Cooper made a great point earlier - sponsored drivers do way more to sell product than raffle donations do.

5. Tech - I read some grumblings about the quality of tech. Quite frankly, you can kiss my ass. You want a good tech? Come up 5 minutes before your heat, prepared for tech. Not running up "I'm in the next race, I'm in the next race." Don't chit chat about how you got your car figured out while we're trying to navigate 4 miles of loose wires trying to get a voltage reading. Or my favorite, "I"m back to back so can you go ahead and tech this car too while I'm up here?" Y'all are concerned about tech when their are only 4 cars in the entire class your running. You guys want to pull motors after every run? Just let me know. Happy to oblige. Tech is relaxed because that's the tone of our series. Anyone who wants to cheat is going to cheat tech or no tech. You're not getting beat because someone is 10g lighter. You're getting beat because you're not as good as you think you are.

As I sign off, I want to thank Tim Caporal for scoring and timing. You didn't get a chance to run much this year, but you still kept up with everything. Tim Kowal for running the website and Troy for helping me with whatever needed to be done. Good luck next year, gentlemen. Can't wait to show up next year and just race.

Jeff I'm sorry you feel so bitter on your way out as far as the tech goes I hope to see FSEARA put it back in the hands of each TRACK hosting that race so that FSEARA will not have that problem in the future ..... Every track should have to supply a tech person for that event ... This should not have to fall on FSEARA TO PROVIDE EACH RACE . this should be part of getting a race from FSEARA .
That's all I was getting at as far as tech .it wasn't my purpose to offend
Or bitch just trying to find a way the tracks can provide and help FSEARA

Last edited by rcpaintinpete; 05-15-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been reading through the thread and I've seen several good ideas and some points that get brought up every year by certain people that make no sense but yet we still do them as a series.
1) The idea if each track providing a dedicated tech guy to ease the burdon on the series director is a great idea. A non bias by the rules guy like Tony Munno was would be great.
2) The line "we are a roar sanctioned series so we run roar classes and rules" to be frank and blunt is udder crap anymore. If that was the case EVERY TRACK AND RACER would be a roar member and they aren't let's face it.
3) The roar vta vs usvta is ridiculous. EVERT guy than runs roar rules for this changes over to usvta rules to run the birds and it should be a great class for entry level guts to get started in with an older car that can be competitive since the motors are pretty equal under usvta lines but when said new guy has to race "sponsored" guy that gets top notch stuff it scares them away. Not many guys travel and race week in and week out (when I was racing still) at random clubs and tracks all over the country like I have and our series is the only one that runs roar vta.

I know being a guy that doesn't race the full series most people will ignore what I'm saying but I had a good week so I had .02 cents to spare
Old 05-18-2015, 05:19 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

While having each track provide a tech person could be one idea, you never know who it will be, or their ability.

When the series has a dedicated person, it provides consistency, and usually, someone who is at least familiar with equipment, classes, etc.

Problem is that the racers want to race, and hang with friends. Being at the tech table kind of puts a damper on the exact reasons we go to the event.

Unfortunately, I haven't offered a better solution, just my opinion.

Sounds like I better start looking for that 1% Novak motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.