Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA 2015-2016 new season proposals

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
And for Minnreg....I'm sure we could work something out to have a couple of Qualifiers on Saturday night instead of practicing all night long. 2 Qualifiers Saturday night after oval, 3 and a main on Sunday?? Just a thought, doesn't seem impossible...and you can sleep at Minnreg and don't have to pay for a room. Would have to ask Mike but that doesn't seem impossible does it?

Oval isint usually over until 6pm , I dont want to be there until 12am or 1am racing, paying for a room and coming back @ 7:30 to race....... If things were a 2 day show, Minnreg would have to be the exception and stay like it is .....a one day show.

I dont see how having a 2 day race makes it any more "prestigious" ......a state race is a state race in imho, meaning racing against the best guys that choose to attend ....... also with track prep, you arent going to start much earlier on Sunday then we do now ...... so with wanting to run 2 quals on sat, 3 on Sunday and a main, are we really getting anyone home earlier then having a one -day race ?

I would like to suggest that if there is a State Race with a club race the day before put on by the host track , there needs to be classes offered that run the State Race tire at the club race ........ if I cant practice for Sunday on Saturday by running the club race, then to me what the point of coming to your club race ?....

Regardless, we arent going to make this perfect ..... whether its a 1 day or 2 day race, I will race as much as I can ......... we have a great series.

Thank you Jeff Flassig for you hard work and keeping this circus together the last couple years and thanks Troy for stepping up and being director.

see you savages at the races, 1 or 2 day

Rich
Old 05-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Back in the good old days.:
The club (which are not around) promoted the races in their areas. Also the hobby shops would also do the same.I bet there is ZERO of that now adays.
Something else that I and going to do and suggest the series does again.We used to have class directors. If someone came up we had information about the class. If you pointed out to the person asking on information that would be great. Since most hobby shops don't promote 1/12th or WGT/Spec175GT (they are into Touring Cars). Look at the expense of a 1/10th WGT or Spec175GT- they are 100-300.00 cheaper.You want to get people into the series it needs to be afordable. These class are!
Anyway I'm setting up a WGT/Spec175GT Information center. It will have information pass out for both classes.
Just for your information about my traveling. The state series held every race one year at Clydes track in Naples. Yes they were two day events and I still got home at midnight .I the only person racing the series since the beginning.I've seen every change-some good and some bad. Going back to a two day event for 30-35 drivers is not the way to go at this time.Having a club race the day before with the same rules we follow on sunday would be better and less expensive for the drivers. Getting a better and permanent tech person would help. The internet is not the only way to get information about state and club races- you local hobby shops.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:28 PM
pbr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is something that I would like to know .Besides Superior hobby shop could you list any hobby shops that promotes, advertise and has parts for the cars that most racers use ? In the areas we have races at.
I would like to thank Superior hobbies for delivering parts that I order before the races But I don't always remember to order everything .
We do like going to Minnreg . We try to go for the oval on Saturday (VTA makes a fun oval car .
Old 05-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Bill your 100% correct lots has changed
I like your class director idea and I think we all need to help promote
Our hobby ......
Make some flyers and get them in your local hobbie shops
Do what ever we can do to get new racers involved ....
We should be looking at new sponsors for the series for each event / and or host track for said event .
The track owners need to get involved in making it known what's going on at
That event .
It shouldn't be just up to FSEARA to promote upcoming races or sponsors .
We all need to help .............
If we can't get a tech person for every race maybe the class director for each class Should tech that class and have to report to an FSEARA official ....

I have been to every race this year but minregg and I can tell you this
the person in tech is trying to do way to much - "help run race - help take entries- help sell tires-help sell raffle tickets-check voltage check wight check tires and most of all try and race as well ...and the tech part is well not that good

If FSEARA wants to be on the list of A+ race series we need to start running the show like it means something ...
Regardless if its a 2 day or 1 day program .
I'm completely sorry if I'm offending any one that is not my purpose in this post but YOU KnOW WHAT guys we have this great series that can't even get some one to step up as president this year (TROY sorry but THANK YOU your a bigger man then me lol seriously I'm only 5.9 )

Seriously we have more racers involved in this series that are more worried about their own sponsors then trying to help the series .once again I'm sorry I like all you guys but .

It's time to step back and start looking at what's going on guys .
Ya think the new guys are gonna want to stay around when they find out
They pay $100 for a battery you get for $50 and they just placed better then you did.. but you had the hook up ...

I may be on a total rant but this is what I see going on
And I'm sorry to put it out like this but we need some Change

Sponsors should be sponsoring events not just drivers ........
As far as hobbie shops SUPERIOR HOBBIES has been the only
Shop that has stood behind ANY OF THE RACE PROGRAMS
IN FLORIDA nitro/electrics they alone deserve a top spot in what ever
FSEARA does in the very near future .
I'm not saying I have all the answers
I'm not saying I have any thing
But you can't keep going on doing the same thing expecting different results

Last edited by rcpaintinpete; 05-09-2015 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Format Change

I have read through most of the posts on this thread and figured I would put a suggestion as to how to make a few changes to the series that will potentially accomplish 3 things, raise overall attendance, increase revenue for the host tracks, and create the prestige of a true championship.

Feel free to use any, all, or none of these ideas for the following season, as I would like to be part of solution, not the problem.

So, this first thought would be to split the series into 2 geographic regions, however the president deems appropriate. This is to accomplish a few goals, raise attendance for the series, make it more feasible for racers to attend a race by not having to travel as far, and increase track and series revenue.

If you look at the current points results, you will notice that most classes do not have 10 racers that even would qualify for recognition at the end of the season because they do not attend at least 5 races.

I envision the split looking something like this, for argument sake, north and south(or whatever split deemed appropriate) each permanent track gets 2 races, non permanent tracks get 1 race per season. These races go toward qualifying points toward the season finale ---The FSEARA Championship race. This race would be held at the permanent track that has the greatest total paid attendance during the season in either region; a reward for promoting the series and driving participation in the series.

The Championship race is based on the top 10 qualifiers in each class, and would be a simple format. You have one qualifier to determine starting position, then triple A-Mains to determine the champion in each class.

It could work something like this for example, every 3 weeks there is a regional state race, 7 races total, each permanent track get 2 events, non perm get 1. Racers get 2 qualifying points drops. You can race in either region(Mix and Match if you choose, but only 5 count) to get qualifying points toward the championship. After the 7 races are complete, attendance will be tallied and the Permanent track with the greatest attendance is awarded the FSEARA Championship race to host within 45 days. (I took some of the format from NASCAR....)

So, if you look back at the current results, this would potentially increase attendance in the series by allowing all of the participants that maybe have only gone to 3 races in the year, to potentially race for a championship, because now they would have the opportunity to race in a closer geographic area, and potentially only make one big road trip. Who knows, if you support your local track the championship could be held there! Permanent tracks get 2 state races instead of one, increasing revenue for the track and the series.
This would help with the alleviate some of the geographic issues which whether or not people voice this being a concern, the results suggest that it is. Most importantly, raise attendance and add the prestige of having the FSEARA Championship race.

I am not looking to debate any of this, so as stated above feel free to use any, all, or none of the suggestions. My goal is simply to try to be constructive.

Ken
Old 05-09-2015, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Pete and ken are on the right track. I dont mind smaller drives, but i just cant afford the time away or financial set back due to a big race. Being a single family income with a child means that i cant get the best of the best like everyone else. BUT THATS OK. I do wish there were more races quote locally then across the state
I just cant get a one free all weekend pass....i get a day. As for the sponsorship type concerns thats why i now race vta, we all have similar equipment and is just based upon driving skills. I dont know how to make everything work out, but at the end of the day its about bringing new and more racers to the track.... everyones track.....

Gorman

Old 05-09-2015, 07:17 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

This isn't that tough to figure out. The growth in the number of entries probably isn't going to happen. If it does it will be very gradual. The local tracks are the key. They have to grow their own numbers first then convert as many of those racers as they can to also now race the state series. How do we expect any new racers to join if it isn't done in that manner?

Now when you consider that and factor in that 4 of the 2014 - 2015 events were scheduled at sites that basically have no local following at all - Minnreg, Superior, and Kissimmee, why would anyone be shocked there's no growth? I love all 3 of those places but it's the unfortunate truth. The after effects of Superior's once heavily followed local races are still being felt and will continue to be felt. A great number of racers who have or still do run the series first developed there thanks to Rob and his crew.

This leaves it to guys like Pete, Robert Cooper, Larry, and Chris Crowder now too. They have to work even harder. Again, the series itself isn't going to grow the attendance. The growth and promotion has to come at the grassroots level.

Never underestimate what we lost when the attendance declined at Superior and the eventual loss of all regular club racing there. Don't believe for a minute that changing race days or adding/dropping classes are the solution. Those only come after you go back and figure out how to solve rebuilding your base attendance.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

The regional thing was tried once before with the biggest arguments I've ever seen.We split the series into regions and had the representatives from each region go the the finale even. Only it did not end up that way. As a group of racers gave up there entries to 5 other drivers that came in and won. They were from out of state and never drove in any of the qualifying events. I could tell you more in person
That's why we came up with the throw- out system. If it's to far it was your throw out.Except the one year every event was held in Naples.
The events need to have a tech person. If you want the class directors to do it -fine come to my tent for WGT and Spec 175GT. I'll have a scale- volt meter and calipers. Who does check if we are ROAR current members? Are the clubs or business current ROAR santioned clubs in order to bid on a race? These are FSEARA rules .The ROAR thing is simple it's cheap insurance for an event.ROAR does provide the rules everyone follows- right. You could read the history of the series and maybe I included something you might want to know about the series. Since I quit writting the updates nothing has been added in years.

Last edited by BullFrog; 05-09-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Many of the hot beds of racing are no more.We have a permanet track here in Jacksonvillr that no one will go to. Now it's in a bad neighborhood.Tried carpet and no one showed up.
Miami had several big clubs - raced at TY Park- there gone.Sebring was the start of the new racing season for years- gone.Clydes in Naples - gone.Robbies big Orlando races gone. TQ hobbies in Orlando- gone. RPM - Orlando - gone. Tampa- the Tamps Bay Outlaws at West Shore (right before the Howard Franklin bridge). Fast tracks Pineallas Park - gone ,Speedline Hobbies - Pinellas Park - across for Minregg- gone. The local clubs or business need to get involved with helping promote the series when it comes to town.It needs to have a professional look- operation.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Currently accepting volunteers to run a good and proper tech at the Superior Race. Anyone?
Old 05-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
Bill your 100% correct lots has changed
I like your class director idea and I think we all need to help promote
Our hobby ......
Make some flyers and get them in your local hobbie shops
Do what ever we can do to get new racers involved ....
We should be looking at new sponsors for the series for each event / and or host track for said event .
The track owners need to get involved in making it known what's going on at
That event .
It shouldn't be just up to FSEARA to promote upcoming races or sponsors .
We all need to help .............
If we can't get a tech person for every race maybe the class director for each class Should tech that class and have to report to an FSEARA official ....

I have been to every race this year but minregg and I can tell you this
the person in tech is trying to do way to much - "help run race - help take entries- help sell tires-help sell raffle tickets-check voltage check wight check tires and most of all try and race as well ...and the tech part is well not that good

If FSEARA wants to be on the list of A+ race series we need to start running the show like it means something ...
Regardless if its a 2 day or 1 day program .
I'm completely sorry if I'm offending any one that is not my purpose in this post but YOU KnOW WHAT guys we have this great series that can't even get some one to step up as president this year (TROY sorry but THANK YOU your a bigger man then me lol seriously I'm only 5.9 )

Seriously we have more racers involved in this series that are more worried about their own sponsors then trying to help the series .once again I'm sorry I like all you guys but .

It's time to step back and start looking at what's going on guys .
Ya think the new guys are gonna want to stay around when they find out
They pay $100 for a battery you get for $50 and they just placed better then you did.. but you had the hook up ...

I may be on a total rant but this is what I see going on
And I'm sorry to put it out like this but we need some Change

Sponsors should be sponsoring events not just drivers ........
As far as hobbie shops SUPERIOR HOBBIES has been the only
Shop that has stood behind ANY OF THE RACE PROGRAMS
IN FLORIDA nitro/electrics they alone deserve a top spot in what ever
FSEARA does in the very near future .
I'm not saying I have all the answers
I'm not saying I have any thing
But you can't keep going on doing the same thing expecting different results
Does anyone know what a sponsor is? It is a trade, supposed to be of equal value, at all times. It is not the responsibility of sponsored drivers to get sponsors for events. It is the responsibility of the series(everyone, not directors)to create enough value for a company to want to sponsor the event.
For me, personally, I do what I can when I can for my sponsor, that is my duty as a sponsored driver, isn't that what we are supposed to do if you are sponsored? You are also supposed to help people at the track and help create a good racing environment. That is what a sponsored driver is supposed to do, and I do it at all times. Glad to do it as well. I was always helped and enjoy paying it forward.

if the series wants more sponsors, bigger sponsors, we need to create growth and show value to these companies. Until we create more value, it is not fair to expect companies to just throw money at FSEARA. That is not how it works.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mosssman
I have read through most of the posts on this thread and figured I would put a suggestion as to how to make a few changes to the series that will potentially accomplish 3 things, raise overall attendance, increase revenue for the host tracks, and create the prestige of a true championship.

Feel free to use any, all, or none of these ideas for the following season, as I would like to be part of solution, not the problem.

So, this first thought would be to split the series into 2 geographic regions, however the president deems appropriate. This is to accomplish a few goals, raise attendance for the series, make it more feasible for racers to attend a race by not having to travel as far, and increase track and series revenue.

If you look at the current points results, you will notice that most classes do not have 10 racers that even would qualify for recognition at the end of the season because they do not attend at least 5 races.

I envision the split looking something like this, for argument sake, north and south(or whatever split deemed appropriate) each permanent track gets 2 races, non permanent tracks get 1 race per season. These races go toward qualifying points toward the season finale ---The FSEARA Championship race. This race would be held at the permanent track that has the greatest total paid attendance during the season in either region; a reward for promoting the series and driving participation in the series.

The Championship race is based on the top 10 qualifiers in each class, and would be a simple format. You have one qualifier to determine starting position, then triple A-Mains to determine the champion in each class.

It could work something like this for example, every 3 weeks there is a regional state race, 7 races total, each permanent track get 2 events, non perm get 1. Racers get 2 qualifying points drops. You can race in either region(Mix and Match if you choose, but only 5 count) to get qualifying points toward the championship. After the 7 races are complete, attendance will be tallied and the Permanent track with the greatest attendance is awarded the FSEARA Championship race to host within 45 days. (I took some of the format from NASCAR....)

So, if you look back at the current results, this would potentially increase attendance in the series by allowing all of the participants that maybe have only gone to 3 races in the year, to potentially race for a championship, because now they would have the opportunity to race in a closer geographic area, and potentially only make one big road trip. Who knows, if you support your local track the championship could be held there! Permanent tracks get 2 state races instead of one, increasing revenue for the track and the series.
This would help with the alleviate some of the geographic issues which whether or not people voice this being a concern, the results suggest that it is. Most importantly, raise attendance and add the prestige of having the FSEARA Championship race.

I am not looking to debate any of this, so as stated above feel free to use any, all, or none of the suggestions. My goal is simply to try to be constructive.

Ken
I like it Ken! I definitely think that would help.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default thought

I used to race the FSEARA events but now I run all FORGASS. It's been a while and I plan on coming back for a couple electric races this year to let my son run stock. I personally would run 13.5 but there really isn't a turnout for that class.

What about combining FSEARA with FORGASS next season? It may sound crazy but with only a few electric racers, why not? It will get nitro drivers interested in electric and in some cases run both (I would). Once the numbers grow, FSEARA could branch off again and be on its own. I'm not saying there aren't negatives to this but it just may be the catalyst that FSEARA needs to get back to higher entry levels.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

We were never a part of FORGASS.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steveM3
I used to race the FSEARA events but now I run all FORGASS. It's been a while and I plan on coming back for a couple electric races this year to let my son run stock. I personally would run 13.5 but there really isn't a turnout for that class.

What about combining FSEARA with FORGASS next season? It may sound crazy but with only a few electric racers, why not? It will get nitro drivers interested in electric and in some cases run both (I would). Once the numbers grow, FSEARA could branch off again and be on its own. I'm not saying there aren't negatives to this but it just may be the catalyst that FSEARA needs to get back to higher entry levels.
I don't know if it would work but I like the idea. At least for a few races. There was a nitro/ electric race last year at Homestead. I thought the turnout was good and I had alot of fun. Even got a 1/8GT bc of that race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.