Search

FSEARA 2015-2016 new season proposals

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog
Thanks Jeff!sob
The tracks that I listed have first choice. If any of them decline or can't hold a race then its next track up. If another track wants to be in consideration they(the track ownership) need to be on here and let us know that they are interested in hosting a race. Chris @386 has already done that. So let 301 know about this thread and introduce themselves. If both these new carpet tracks don't get a race in the Series this year, please place a bid for Region 4 Championships!
Ok thanks for the info and consideration. Will have the owners do so. Looking forward to some parking lot racing
Old 05-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fermanracer
It was just a suggestion for 301. I'm all for novak motors in vta. Just the whole weight thing. Adding 140 grams to a car seems out of wack.for some rules they came up with 10 plus years ago. Perhaps 1500 grams total would make everyone happy in the state series. Not trying to start a war here.but racing has changed since then.
Robert, the point series is nation wide and uses your best races compared to the rest of the nation. It doesn't matter when or where you race, as long as you are running the right rules, you qualify for points for that series.

PS If I can get an awesomatix to weight 1560 at birds, you can make any car heavy. Its actually easy
Old 05-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kartermdb
Robert, the point series is nation wide and uses your best races compared to the rest of the nation. It doesn't matter when or where you race, as long as you are running the right rules, you qualify for points for that series.

PS If I can get an awesomatix to weight 1560 at birds, you can make any car heavy. Its actually easy
Yes I know mark. I just like getting pete jacked. Lol its all good. As long as we're racing. Hey check out 301 raceway when you get a chance.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:36 AM
pbr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I personally like the club races on Saturday. I see Nothing wrong with the Solaris tires that we have been using As far as VTA or USVTA pick one and run only one .

Last edited by pbr; 05-06-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
SORRY BUT I DISAGREE ROBERT
1550 is what all USVTA events run if you change any of the rules then
its not USVTA its just vta and then it don't count for points in the series
these rules are in place so any racer from any state can go to a race
and be on a level playing field....
i Agree with Pete on this one,keep usvta that makes sence!
Old 05-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I hate the 1550g rule for USVTA, I don't see anyone bringing out a Traxxas 4-tec or whatever bazzilion-year old car to run this class But....

Yeah, I DO support the streamlining of this class into one. Not that I run many FSEARA races, but anyhow, it would be better if the same spec cars were being run everywhere, regardless of track or series. You might loose a few racers with this rule change... but then again it might just build the strength / longevity of the class as a whole. ever since USVTA finally got rid of the dumb timing-limit rule (that sticker cannot be trusted ) there has been little reason not to run a boss/ballistic.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

I like the club races on Saturday too, but having FSEARA qualifiers on Saturday would be the same thing. The way I look at it is, every year we come to this point where we all discuss the same things and every year we maintain the same level of attendance, nothing really new. I just think we need change some things to try and bump attendance and going back to two days would help. When I used to run back in the day, the two day events seemed like a much bigger deal. by continuing to vote for the same things year in and year out we are going to continue to get the same result.

How about Triple A mains?
Old 05-06-2015, 08:05 PM
pbr
Tech Adept

I may be wrong but with some of the tracks closing this last year I have seen the number of racers drop. As for us (Chris and I ) anything past past The Valkariay and the superior hobbies race track we will not be able to make just to far . Also if it would go to a 2 day format chances are that we would not come for Saturday
I know that we are still fairly new to the state racing but with having a club race on the Saturday it seems like you get some of the local races to come out that don't race in the series. Just to race with some other people and also ( I know for Chris ) it helped him to see how and if he was improving. No fun to race the same people with the same results at your home track .
I think that the club race is a confidence builder. Just my 2cents
Old 05-06-2015, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

I remember the two day events. They were really cool. A lot more racing with sunday main and qualifiers. Plus you were done racing a lot earlier on sunday. It made each race a lot more fun. I think it would be great to go back to two days. As for vta. The rules were created many years ago. They need to get with the times. What's the weight for 17.5 stock. Just asking.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:09 PM
pbr
Tech Adept

I believe 1380 for 17.5. But not comparing apples to apples. USVTA was to try to make the cars more even and relatively inexpensive. We started out with a USVTA compliant car . When we started racing the series most cars were VTA Like I said before pick one and run. USVTA is fine with us. How about adding some fuel and due the reverse mains ��
Old 05-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pbr
I may be wrong but with some of the tracks closing this last year I have seen the number of racers drop. As for us (Chris and I ) anything past past The Valkariay and the superior hobbies race track we will not be able to make just to far . Also if it would go to a 2 day format chances are that we would not come for Saturday
I know that we are still fairly new to the state racing but with having a club race on the Saturday it seems like you get some of the local races to come out that don't race in the series. Just to race with some other people and also ( I know for Chris ) it helped him to see how and if he was improving. No fun to race the same people with the same results at your home track .
I think that the club race is a confidence builder. Just my 2cents
Yeah, but a club race should be just that, a club race, at your local club. The state races need to be more important and should be held to a higher standard than a club race. The club race on Saturday's has not been a club race, it has been a warmup day for Sunday. The majority of the Entry's are not local "club guys", they are FSEARA guys. As for local guys, I haven't seen too many local guys come on Saturday and not on Sunday, that doesn't happen often.

And....the way I am proposing, you could come on just Sunday if needed, you would not be penalized, you would just miss one qualifier, you would get 2 instead of 3. But.......you would also get home earlier, no rush to haul ass and get done on Sunday. It would be 2 Nice relaxing days of good racing, just like Regionals.

We cannot keep doing the same thing, no changes, and expect things to grow. It just doesn't work that way.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

OK LET'S STOP for about 8.2 seconds .......... Guys/racers

FSEARA is a series that basses it's race classes upon the classes rules
17.5 sedan / touring car
1380 weight
Any 17.5 motor
Open battery
Blinky esc
Series tire DONE NO PROBLEM

13.5 sedan / touring car
1380 weight
Any 13.5 motor
Open battery
Blinky esc
Series tire
DONE NO PROBLEM

If FSEARA chooses spec175 gt as a class
It's
No timing
84tspurr
43/47 pinion allowed
Min weight 970 g
And apporoved class bodie see list @ spec175gt.com
DONE NO PROBLEM

USVTA
1550 weight
5000 mah limit battery
Novak 25.5 motor
Vintage body from list
Tires from USVTA list
SHOULD BE DONE BUT LET'S GIVE GUYS WHO DON'T & HAVEN'T
RAN THIS CLASS A CHANCE TO BITCH AND ASK FOR CHANGES

I'm not arguing with you guys this is not a slam
And I'm not JACKED ROBERT ....
IF I SAID I WANT TO RUN spec 175gt but I only had a 88 t spur gear
I would be out of that class
If I said I'm going to run 13.5 but I only have a 10.5
I would be out of that class
If I wanted to run USVTA BUT I ONLY HAVE A 17.5 but I'm so slow it
Shouldn't matter
What's the point man
Rules should be set and enforced ..........................
We as racers pick the class we are going to run according to the rules
If you can't follow the class rules then don't run that class ......

Last edited by rcpaintinpete; 05-07-2015 at 05:31 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Yeah, but a club race should be just that, a club race, at your local club. The state races need to be more important and should be held to a higher standard than a club race. The club race on Saturday's has not been a club race, it has been a warmup day for Sunday. The majority of the Entry's are not local "club guys", they are FSEARA guys. As for local guys, I haven't seen too many local guys come on Saturday and not on Sunday, that doesn't happen often.

And....the way I am proposing, you could come on just Sunday if needed, you would not be penalized, you would just miss one qualifier, you would get 2 instead of 3. But.......you would also get home earlier, no rush to haul ass and get done on Sunday. It would be 2 Nice relaxing days of good racing, just like Regionals.

We cannot keep doing the same thing, no changes, and expect things to grow. It just doesn't work that way.
I agree with Robert. The State Series is a step above a club race. If you cannot make Saturday it is not a big deal. In the past there was always a few racers who did come just on Sunday.

As far as tires. Does not matter to me, but I believe Solaris has been very good.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

for saturdays to be added- here's what we dropped and other problems{
1) hotels expense
2) club actually used to give trophies at each race-
3) for the minregg race on saturdays they race oval and sunday in road course.
* 4) the only day I work is the 3rd saturday of the month- I get all my funds to race.
5) I'm usually the one that drivres the furtherest and I don't care. Race that are south of Valkaria are just to far for me personnely. The last races was 593 miles.
6) come up with a new race weekend (2nd or 4th weekend of the month).
7) almost forgot- we usued to race in the summer. * now we have several indoor tracks bring back summer racing.No more heat in A/C?
* There should not be another series running on Saturday causing added expense for the racers.The club races were to promote the clubs racers with the state racers.This way the club racers were not as scared of attending a state race.Showing them they could compete.
** The economy is still not that great to go back to a two day program for the newer racers.The local clubs/business have to do a better job of promoting the events. The only one I see really promoting anything is Valkaria! Promote the classes we race at you local events.
Classes we run in the past to get racers into the series:
Legends, F1 (you happy Troy). Legends are cheap and anyone can get one a set-it up quickly.Several of our old A main drivers started in this class! F1 - it seems to be the 4th time they tried this class. It's not for me(Troy). I'd rather see 17.5 1/12th. This is the orginal class (1/12th) the series started with.
As a suggestion for the series:
November a carpet race- it would be right before the Turkey race
this way there would be more races in a row for the birds. Or even have an early December race on carpet. Again practice for the birds. In Jan we thave the Minregg race right before the birds.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Ok. I'll be first to stop the argument about vta. What ever is voted on or chosen I'll run. Glad to hear both sides if the 2 day events. Fseara is truly about having fun with friends. And sharpening our skills in this hobby. We all have different opinions and it's ok to voice them. Let's just have fun. Thanks Troy once again for stepping up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.