Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree63Likes

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

nice I am glad you had a good time (ive been at the mall.. eww) someday ill go out there...
Old 12-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Profoxcg
nice I am glad you had a good time (ive been at the mall.. eww) someday ill go out there...
no way...... i dont believe it

Who wants to run on Wed????
Old 12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

did you guys not run at night on Saturdays sometimes?
Old 12-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The snake is getting close .... Nice to meet you today Tim, that tc6 will get sorted out quick .

Bob did his normal great job preparing the track ... Thanks DBME for making sure I had all the consumable supplies I needed , Coop... For putting tent over my whining head , and TJ for helping with the programming....
Old 12-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

We post when we are going to be headed out well in advance.
Originally Posted by Profoxcg
did you guys not run at night on Saturdays sometimes?
Old 12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Had a great time today! Track was great, the Mod Car is coming in...again. Company was good! Good to meet you out there today Tim. I am glad TJ was able to get you running again.

Practce Wednesday? If so, great, I will be there. If not, Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bdsax
no way...... i dont believe it

Who wants to run on Wed????
Well, if I can get those parts Tuesday, I'll come down. Getting some extra stuff too, just in case the trend continues. I'm a little jealous of those boxes you guys got. Need a part?...let me check...

Here's a question for whomever is inclined. Would it be a good idea to have a stiffer setup? Seemed like my car was diving a bit but since I'm not exactly up to speed or able to run consistent laps, it was hard to tell. The kit came with the softest two springs in associated's lineup (14.5 lb Front, 12 lb R; 40wt shock fl all around) and I'm wondering if I'm going to want some stiffer springs once I can get it around the track. Of course shock oil wt and various other parameters come into play when considering how it rides, so maybe I should just see how things play out.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

I saw the Silver and green on your car Tim. I would suggest a starting point of Blue front/Silver rear

You probably should just get the Spring set for the car and call it a day.

Get yourself a few sets of rear hubs, front steering knuckles and c hubs. I think the c hubs come in 4 degree and 6 degree. I would get a few 4's and maybe one 6 to try out.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cvlooper
Well, if I can get those parts Tuesday, I'll come down. Getting some extra stuff too, just in case the trend continues. I'm a little jealous of those boxes you guys got. Need a part?...let me check...
That's one of the reasons why it's nice to run what everyone else runs (Xray). Then if you break a part and don't have it (which is pretty rare, honestly), we would have you covered. It's good for sharing setups as well.

Got my car working great on Sunday, I was really happy with it. It's come a long way since my first time on the track with it a couple weeks ago. Glad to see some new (Tim) and old (Ari) faces at the track again.

I can practice Wednesday, gotta give Bob a call...
Old 12-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wednesday practice, so far, Me, Hendrick, Mike B from down south. Going to be good.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

I spoke with Bob tonight... he will get the track prepped up...
Old 12-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will be there
Old 12-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I saw the Silver and green on your car Tim. I would suggest a starting point of Blue front/Silver rear

You probably should just get the Spring set for the car and call it a day.

Get yourself a few sets of rear hubs, front steering knuckles and c hubs. I think the c hubs come in 4 degree and 6 degree. I would get a few 4's and maybe one 6 to try out.
Thanks for the suggestions. Didn't think about the c hubs. Looked them up though and a custom part maker has them in aluminum (6 deg). Sounds more durable at least? and would look pretty cool.

Got some hubs and knuckles coming tomorrow along with a new spur gear and a couple pinions that should get me to 4.31 and 4.76 fdr, a bit closer to what you guys are running. There may be a couple other things in the package as well.

Gonna hold off on the springs and whatever else until I can get this thing around the track more than 4 times without tearing it to pieces. Or maybe I should just get the whole catalog in realization that this is the stage of my noobness that making mistakes at speed will most likely happen.

At least I should be up and running tomorrow night.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chinamonkey7
Wednesday practice, so far, Me, Hendrick, Mike B from down south. Going to be good.
Felix when are you guys going maybe we can go together all of us.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

If you like Tim, let one of us drive your car, and we can make some suggestions on what to do to the setup to make it a little bit more forgiving to drive.

Originally Posted by cvlooper
Thanks for the suggestions. Didn't think about the c hubs. Looked them up though and a custom part maker has them in aluminum (6 deg). Sounds more durable at least? and would look pretty cool.

Got some hubs and knuckles coming tomorrow along with a new spur gear and a couple pinions that should get me to 4.31 and 4.76 fdr, a bit closer to what you guys are running. There may be a couple other things in the package as well.

Gonna hold off on the springs and whatever else until I can get this thing around the track more than 4 times without tearing it to pieces. Or maybe I should just get the whole catalog in realization that this is the stage of my noobness that making mistakes at speed will most likely happen.

At least I should be up and running tomorrow night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.