Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree63Likes

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

what is the race schedule for the month?
Old 10-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

what time do you think you guys will be out there? church gets out at 10:30 so i wouldnt be able to be out there by 11
Old 10-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So are we staying home tomorrow? Or should I wake up super early to go meet you guys and see the track ect. I ordered a chassis so I'm doing this for sure.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Profoxcg
^ I did some research on the ESC last night / yesterday.
I learned that I could not be allowed to race RCGT if I ran something like the Tekin RS since there is not way to verify it there is or there isnt timing advance programed?

I do like the idea of having versatility.
You can run a Tekin RS. They have different profiles includi a non timing profile for spec classes like RCGT.

We are not going to the track tomorrow. Too much rain in the area.

Marcos, we haven't raced in probably 4 months, we don't have a set schedule for the next month.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
You can run a Tekin RS. They have different profiles includi a non timing profile for spec classes like RCGT.

We are not going to the track tomorrow. Too much rain in the area.

Marcos, we haven't raced in probably 4 months, we don't have a set schedule for the next month.
oh , what days is it open for practice?
Old 10-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

There is no gate,and i beleive the power is still on 24/7
Old 10-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
oh , what days is it open for practice?
Yeah, the track is in a park so it's open every day and the lights are on until 10-10:30 every night.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

^ but the idea would be to go when people go though right?

Buy I looked at the track from google earth. Where do you set up your tables and stuff and where do you park?

Also in regards to bodies, Would I be able to run an RCGT body on the stock class for instance?

I am looking at the Corolla Axio from tamiya for RCGT with some threated tires (btw do they tires have to be HPI brand?) but I would like orginally to not have to change my body if I ran the faster class.

I understand that it would be a handicap for me having an "less competitive body"

Another question, I have seen some people run 200mm bodies on their electric 190mm... I always though that 190 was for electric and 200mm was for nitro...?
Old 10-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Don't over-think things :>...

You can pretty much run whatever body you want. If you want to run a GT body in the TC class, have at it. It will be to your performance detriment, and we do not press things to the letter of the law when they bear no performance advantage... have fun...

Regarding where you setup.... It will be readily evident when you drop by. There is a gap in the wall at the north end of the track, everyone sets up there...

Buy I looked at the track from google earth. Where do you set up your tables and stuff and where do you park?

Also in regards to bodies, Would I be able to run an RCGT body on the stock class for instance?

I am looking at the Corolla Axio from tamiya for RCGT with some threated tires (btw do they tires have to be HPI brand?) but I would like orginally to not have to change my body if I ran the faster class.

I understand that it would be a handicap for me having an "less competitive body"

Another question, I have seen some people run 200mm bodies on their electric 190mm... I always though that 190 was for electric and 200mm was for nitro...?
Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, but as I have said many times in the last 2 pages, we do not have a set schedule because of the typical Florida summer weather. Things will solidify in the next month or two as the weather improves and as they do, all the updates will be here in this thread.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am going to try and be out there on Wednesday night. If the weather permits of course. I will be more than happy to help you out when you get there.

Like Tim said, don't over think this. The main thing is to have wheel time and learn how to drive and setup your car. Actually the main thing is to have fun. We will see you out there.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

I am looking forward to getting my car / making it out to the track sometime.
I really hope sat nights picks up. That schedule seems great.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

riding time is huge. i picked up alot of time last saturday just getting use to the track and TJ and Tim helping with setup. i am mostly just loving it!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bdsax
riding time is huge. i picked up alot of time last saturday just getting use to the track and TJ and Tim helping with setup. i am mostly just loving it!
I haven't driven 10 scale in years (since 2005) while I did drive mini-z for a bit, larger cars handle much differently and are much faster. So in other words I just have to learn how to drive all over again. I am looking forward to it.

Out of curiosity, what transmitters are you guys running out there. I was going to get a ER-1UR (since I was already used to it) but I realized there are much nicer radios out there (aesthetically) such as the airtronics M11 and MT4. I Am torn between the two at the moment. I like the looks and feel of the M11x but I am intrigued by the telemetry of the MT4. I plan to maybe run nitro sometime in the future also.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have only seen an MT4 once at the track. I myself like the M11x. You should get whatever feels good in your hands. Both are going to have a everything you need for racing. But if I had to choose I would for theM11x.
I haven't driven 10 scale in years (since 2005) while I did drive mini-z for a bit, larger cars handle much differently and are much faster. So in other words I just have to learn how to drive all over again. I am looking forward to it.

Out of curiosity, what transmitters are you guys running out there. I was going to get a ER-1UR (since I was already used to it) but I realized there are much nicer radios out there (aesthetically) such as the airtronics M11 and MT4. I Am torn between the two at the moment. I like the looks and feel of the M11x but I am intrigued by the telemetry of the MT4. I plan to maybe run nitro sometime in the future also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.