Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree507Likes

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Parts slowly trickling in. I look forward to building this.
eR1c likes this.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

More M07R pics on rc-mini FB page.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Of course a R version comes out lol. At least I have lost of spares
Old 01-30-2019, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Measuredpath

Of course a R version comes out lol. At least I have lost of spares
There's no point getting the R spec if you already have an M07.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gigaplex
There's no point getting the R spec if you already have an M07.
I know
Old 02-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

how big of a pinion can you use with the stock M07? I see RCMART selling a 22t and 24t
Old 02-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Phillip F
how big of a pinion can you use with the stock M07? I see RCMART selling a 22t and 24t
I think 24 is the largest without modification.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

I just got the hard arms, hubs, knuckles, and tub in the mail today. At the recomendation of the local Tamiya expert. Other than picking up that magic, special, new for this year TCS motor... my M07 will be ready for the march TCS race.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
I just got the hard arms, hubs, knuckles, and tub in the mail today. At the recomendation of the local Tamiya expert. Other than picking up that magic, special, new for this year TCS motor... my M07 will be ready for the march TCS race.
what Is the part number for the hard tub please
Old 02-13-2019, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by damang999

what Is the part number for the hard tub please
Some one correct me if I am wrong... The stock kit tub chassis is the harder version of the two. The "High traction tub" option part is apparently made with more flex (good for asphalt). The kit chassis is nice and stiff once all assembled. I was impressed after I finished my build.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
Some one correct me if I am wrong... The stock kit tub chassis is the harder version of the two. The "High traction tub" option part is apparently made with more flex (good for asphalt). The kit chassis is nice and stiff once all assembled. I was impressed after I finished my build.
That depends on who you ask.

Tamiya Japan website: "Different material gives optimal chassis flex for excellent road holding, and traction on low-grip surfaces."

Tamiya USA website: "This is a carbon fiber-reinforced plastic main chassis for the distinctive M-07. Compared to the standard fiberglass reinforced chassis, it will flex significantly less under load. This set up is ideal when racing your car on high-grip surfaces."
Old 02-13-2019, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gigaplex
That depends on who you ask.

Tamiya Japan website: "Different material gives optimal chassis flex for excellent road holding, and traction on low-grip surfaces."

Tamiya USA website: "This is a carbon fiber-reinforced plastic main chassis for the distinctive M-07. Compared to the standard fiberglass reinforced chassis, it will flex significantly less under load. This set up is ideal when racing your car on high-grip surfaces."
Interesting, I must of read it from Tamiya Japan then. Some one report back after purchasing one :P
Old 02-13-2019, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Have both

Interesting, I must of read it from Tamiya Japan then. Some one report back after purchasing one :P
​​​​​​
i have both chassis and I can say for certain that the ''high traction" chasis is the softer one. It's made with resin, not much fibres in it (I cut out the grill beneath the motor for cooling) at all. Also, you can clearly feel a difference when tightening screws. The plastic feels soft.

The stock chassis has a lot of fibres in it, and tightening screws makes you wonder if you should have tapped the holes first. Definitely harder and less flexi.

Did it make a difference? I drive/race on a mid traction asphalt track and I have to say the car developed a lot of wandering issues with the high traction chassis. It was a lot less with the stock.

With exactly the same setup, the car underserved more and became a little twitchy.

Hope this helps

Alexander
DaSilva3525 likes this.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert
​​​​​​
i have both chassis and I can say for certain that the ''high traction" chasis is the softer one. It's made with resin, not much fibres in it (I cut out the grill beneath the motor for cooling) at all. Also, you can clearly feel a difference when tightening screws. The plastic feels soft.

The stock chassis has a lot of fibres in it, and tightening screws makes you wonder if you should have tapped the holes first. Definitely harder and less flexi.

Did it make a difference? I drive/race on a mid traction asphalt track and I have to say the car developed a lot of wandering issues with the high traction chassis. It was a lot less with the stock.

With exactly the same setup, the car underserved more and became a little twitchy.

Hope this helps

Alexander
i found similair results with the high traction chassis. on my local track it did gain some grip but it felt to be all at the front end and made the car become darty and eratic and it always felt like the rear end never gained the same amount of traction that the front did.
i persisted with it for 6 race meets trying different things to overcome it but i could never match the times of the stock chassis , for me it was 1/2 to 3/4 sec per lap slower than stock on a 12 second lap and very inconsistent.
i was consistently top 3 then found myself battling to stay in the A main ,i switched back and boom i was back to running top 3
it might work for some tracks but definitley not my local
Old 02-13-2019, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

I believe there's a new tub coming out for the R, as well as carbon reinforced arms.

I have part 54812, which is the tub that comes with the M07R.

Interestingly, the label says carbon reinforced, but the mold says GF-S instead of CF or GF.

........................... I'm not feeling good about this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.