Search
Like Tree507Likes

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
So.. Chicago TCS is coming up. I'd love recomendations for wheel, tires, and chassis setup for my M07.

Speciflaly, before I glue my front tires, am I handicapping myself by using just one extra hard insert per tire?

Sorry. But not 100% sure what you’re asking about the tire inserts.
TCS rules state in the Mini class, tire assembled can’t exceed 60 mm in diameter.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah Racing M07 Cnnversion Kit. Pics on rc-mini now.

https://www.facebook.com/rcmini.net/
Old 03-29-2019, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by antlockyer
If the R comes with 54812 I wont be buying it
I lied, I bought one yesterday. A friend has been running the high traction chassis at our club and likes it a lot.
eR1c likes this.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think it depends a lot on which tires are being used.
My local has changed the control tire from shimizu 60d slicks to express 55d .
i tried it with the shimizu 60d and sweep 55 and it was terrible for me. After running the new control tire for several weeks now I changed chassis back to the high traction with the new express tires which are a lot less aggressive and responsive then previous tires and times showed that it was marginally faster than stock and with the new tires compared to previous weeks. it lost all the odd handling characteristics that it had previously,
next week I will be trying the re inforced arms to go with the chassis
Old 04-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Hype this thread up a bit with the new M08 coming and all

I had bought / build a M07 months ago but never got around to taking it to the track. I'm always obsessed with Touring car / class racing, no one races mini's around here so my Mini's are for good fun.I Built the car with some hop ups and spare electronics I had. 100k Diff fluid and stole my M05 V II shocks for now and slapped them on the M07. Set the droop and ride height and from the first pack it was ripping Really good! 3 packs in and it was as fast as the fastest VTA cars and very consistent to drive. (Same speed down the straight). My M05 had a spool which was faster but harder to drive. I'm going to put a spool in this M07 as well I know it's going to rip really hard coming out of the corner cannot wait. I have the sway bars to put on still and will be adding alum suspension holders for that added touch. I feel great potential from this car versus my decked out M05 V II R (Which I got to work really good as well on black carpet). More to come but here's some pics for now

Specs

-M07 Kit
-TRF Big bore Mini shocks
-Alum 5mm Ball cups
-Alum Ta06 diff out drives
-Tam Alum idler shafts
-Tam Alum Steering buckle
-Tam alum servo savor
-Tam F/R Carbon Shock towers

Reventon Pro Esc, Orca Blitreme 21.5 (Stock gearing), Orca 6300 Batt, Sweep 30 tires and Miata lid to finish it off. I Race on Crc Black carpet and it's high grip.

eR1c likes this.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ran my M07 this past weekend, I had brought the mini back to the stock settings w the exception of the diff oil, iam running 50k (as opposed to 100k like kit recommends). Raced on less than perfect asphalt, my M07 ran flawlessly, it's really dialed in perfectly. I ran s-grips all around and glued inside front tires to make them a bit more rigid. All other settings were stock, including 20t pinion, etc. Took 1st in all 3 heats. Car wasnt necessarily faster than anyone else's, but because it handled so well I was able to drive perfectly consistent lines.
The stock setup works well, -wish I didnt second guess the instructions when I first built it last year (I had put 500k oil in diff and used most of my M05 settings).
Nerobro, DaSilva3525 and gigaplex like this.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Been trying to tinker with the droop settings on my M07 and I don't get how to properly adjust the screws while measuring. What's the best way to set screws on the bottom of the car? It's the only car I have that has the screws on the bottom.

Last edited by Rayquaza; 04-04-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rayquaza
Been trying to tinker with the droop settings on my M07 and I don't get how to properly adjust the screws while measuring. What's the best way to set screws on the bottom of the car? It's the only car I have that has the screws on the bottom.
Make small adjustments at a time then remeasure. You're not going to be able to do it like a TC.
eR1c likes this.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

It's so much better than the old way of doing it... stuffing o-rings inside shocks, or bits of fuel tubing. *cries*
gigaplex likes this.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Make small adjustments at a time then remeasure. You're not going to be able to do it like a TC.
Ah. That's what I've been doing. I just don't have the right tools to measure it. I'm going completely by eye lately. Cheers.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rayquaza
Ah. That's what I've been doing. I just don't have the right tools to measure it. I'm going completely by eye lately. Cheers.
If you've got a set of calipers, just measure the shock lengths and make them even left to right. You don't need to be too accurate as to how much droop you have, you can do that part by eye.

If you don't have a set of calipers... well they're really good to have.
eR1c and Rayquaza like this.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

I put mine on droop blocks on the flat part of the chassis. I can use a droop gauge pretty decent to get a good reference. Make sure you measure shock shafts first like Giga said. I run 2mm droop front and 1mm rear. Going less then that starts messing with the suspension too much. You can also measure from the ground up to the axle pin height with a set of calipers and get the reference that way for droop
Old 04-05-2019, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

DaSilva,
-how much does your car weigh (w/ body and ready to run)?
I notice your running a long pack ...hence why I ask.

FYI,
I run a shorty pack then put about 30grams of weight under and behind the motor (there is a small space between the back of the motor and the battery compartment). I am at 1301 (weight limit being minimum 1300).
Old 04-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
DaSilva,

FYI,
I run a shorty pack then put about 30grams of weight under and behind the motor (there is a small space between the back of the motor and the battery compartment). I am at 1301 (weight limit being minimum 1300).
Tire wear may drop you below the minimum. Fyi

1305g for me, long pack, S-grips, TCS 'legal'. lol
gigaplex likes this.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eR1c
DaSilva,

FYI,
To be honest I haven't check weight yet. I will check and report back, I have always run a full size lipo even in my m05. I tried a shorty once on my m05 and the car came alive some more so I plan to get one for this car eventually. I just have so many full size spares from my TC cars lol being a little cheap right now not buying a fresh shorty for this M07

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.