Like Tree507Likes

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timbo1
Hi,

Anyone else have trouble fitting the 3racing DCJs to standard m07 steering knuckle? They seem to come up a bit short and don't allow the wheel hex pin to slide through. I've checked that the bearings are pushed in fully, and don't have the same issue when replacing with the kit stock drive shaft.
I'm starting to wonder if they only work with the 3racing aluminium knuckle.
Did you replace the stock bearing with the thinner bearing on the inside of the knuckle?
Old 04-23-2019, 01:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Ah, thanks... That would certainly solve the issue. It seems that in some cases the drive shaft is supplied with 2 bearings, unfortunately i bought mine from speedrc and no narrower bearings are supplied. (I can't post any links yet)
I'll contact speedrc to see if they have any narrower bearings available.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
The real question is, if you go to all this trouble will it make a measurable difference on the track?
Cos if the times aren't quicker, then....
The only way to find out is to try. For those who have tried, could you share the results?
Old 04-24-2019, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
The only way to find out is to try. For those who have tried, could you share the results?
*only in my opinion* I have used them all and positive setups can be had in any shock configuration. I found the SSBB shocks do not offer any notable improvement.
rccartips likes this.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
All true, there is no official way to adapt SSBB dampers in the M07 and benefit from the the shorter length to reduce c.o.g.. .
Used to run shocks upside down a long time ago, but the organizer deemed it illegal hehe.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
*only in my opinion* I have used them all and positive setups can be had in any shock configuration. I found the SSBB shocks do not offer any notable improvement.
If SSBB are not mounted lower on the upper end, by using a special damper mounting plate / bridge, the shorter body cannot bring a benefit regarding cog. Hope you made a special plate for M07. Tamiya seems not interested to use the Touring car SSBB dampers on their M-chassis line. I think it´s o.k., so my old sets are still usable and not outdated. But I agree with Joel, measurable benefits on the laptime would be hard to proove...
Old 04-30-2019, 01:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Is there Setup Station for M-chassis or a Upside measure plate that is compatible with my current Hudy Setup Station.
Looking forward to the help.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Hope you made a special plate for M07
Nobody is making any special plates for Tamiya M-chassis cars (nor is there any need). COG difference on a front wheel drive plastic flex toy car is not even worth talking about (in terms of shock position). These fun racers are not Xrays or Awesomatix cars. personally, I only run minis at TCS events where no modifications, like altered shock positions, are allowed. running the shocks upside down like rctips at least moves some of the shock weight lower to the ground (and keeps the piston out of any air at the top) without breaking the rules. So, within the rules, only in my opinion, no marginal lap time improvement using the SSBB shocks.

Old 04-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Nobody is making any special plates for Tamiya M-chassis cars (nor is there any need). COG difference on a front wheel drive plastic flex toy car is not even worth talking about (in terms of shock position). These fun racers are not Xrays or Awesomatix cars. personally, I only run minis at TCS events where no modifications, like altered shock positions, are allowed. running the shocks upside down like rctips at least moves some of the shock weight lower to the ground (and keeps the piston out of any air at the top) without breaking the rules. So, within the rules, only in my opinion, no marginal lap time improvement using the SSBB shocks.
Mounting the shocks upside down breaks the "build as per the instructions" rule.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

lol. ease up gigaplex. apparently, I did not do a good job of making it known that was a sarcastic sentence. put your mini police badge away. we are all just talking casually here. this is not the euro truck thread.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

lol. ease up gigaplex. apparently, I did not do a good job of making it known that was a sarcastic sentence. put your mini police badge away. we are all just talking casually here. this is not the euro truck thread.
You literally said this:
"without breaking the rules. So, within the rules"
​​​​​​
One of the TCS rules, which applies to minis, is that you must build as per the instructions. I'm not sure how you expected anyone to think that quoted part was intended as sarcasm.
dmcguire likes this.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

I recently got the M-07 and the car is very unbalanced to the driver side/right. I’m thinking of using shorty packs with some type of adapter to help balance the car to place the battery on the left/passenger side. Any recommendations? How are you guys dealing with the balance?
eR1c likes this.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ebohon
I recently got the M-07 and the car is very unbalanced to the driver side/right. I’m thinking of using shorty packs with some type of adapter to help balance the car to place the battery on the left/passenger side. Any recommendations? How are you guys dealing with the balance?
Where is your ESC mounted? I mount mine on the opposite side to the motor. Also note that batteries are usually heavier at one end, usually the opposite end to the plugs. I put the plug end on the same side as the motor. Mine is pretty close to balanced when I do this. Though based on your description it's heavy the other way, maybe you've got a really light motor or heavy ESC?

Edit: Your post history indicates you might be in the USA. Isn't the drivers side the left side? If you've got your left/right mixed up you're probably motor side heavy so check your mounting positions as above.
eR1c and DaSilva3525 like this.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Old 05-03-2019, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Like Gigaplex suggested, have the Esc on the opposite side in the rear. I found this to be a big help on the M05 & M07. I run a full size pack on black high grip carpet and the car rocks and feels like a mini Tc Try it out and see the reward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.