Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome! >

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree261Likes

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

https://traxxas.com/products/landing...0AWD%20chassis

Not usually a fan of Traxxas products, but I am really impressed with their Ford GT. I just wish that it was a kit and not an RTR. Personally, I like the grey one.

I would really be excited if they made this:
angrymelon likes this.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was almost hoping they put out a 4tec capable of racing but this looks okay too.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Put a set of Jaco blues or what ever tires the shop deals with on it and onroad has a beginners class. The stock tires may be fine. Keep the rules simple like Slash did allowing lipos and a your choice of radio and what ever pinion/spur combo it comes with. Set the minimum weight to whatever the RTR comes in as. Seen alot of guys posts about how to get new blood in the door and now a company has made it easy. I am hoping Traxxas is very successful with this platform.
drjim likes this.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

ThrottleKing-
That's a great idea, and the car has really cool adjustability for other bodies as well.
angrymelon likes this.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If it gets people to try road cars that normal don't. Then great. Will it bring people to tracks. Don't think so. The Vateraa V100 is similar, and it didn't. Neither did the Hpi Sport3 and Sprint2 vehicles. Or the Associated Apex, which is a better value.
Maybe a club here or there might try. But don't see more then that. I don't mean to sound negative. I'm all for touring cars. But the average rc buyer needs to have a mindset change about touring cars.
eR1c likes this.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just want that body!
Juglenaut likes this.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ThrottleKing
Put a set of Jaco blues or what ever tires the shop deals with on it and onroad has a beginners class. The stock tires may be fine. Keep the rules simple like Slash did allowing lipos and a your choice of radio and what ever pinion/spur combo it comes with. Set the minimum weight to whatever the RTR comes in as. Seen alot of guys posts about how to get new blood in the door and now a company has made it easy. I am hoping Traxxas is very successful with this platform.
Negative comments aside I think that is a great idea.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
If it gets people to try road cars that normal don't. Then great. Will it bring people to tracks. Don't think so. The Vateraa V100 is similar, and it didn't. Neither did the Hpi Sport3 and Sprint2 vehicles. Or the Associated Apex, which is a better value.
Maybe a club here or there might try. But don't see more then that. I don't mean to sound negative. I'm all for touring cars. But the average rc buyer needs to have a mindset change about touring cars.
Well I see your points here. I think those brands you mentioned are not carried by certain hobby distributors but I think all of them carry Traxxas products. Some auto parts stores have Traxxas Slash and monster trucks on the shelves letting the average person unaware of RC racing maybe look into it once they see the product. Associated tried to do some promoting with the off road truck series and even has Lucas making their oils now but I think Traxxas' marketing team has been way more successful at putting their products out there for the general public. Their stuff is durable and they have a great product support department. While it may not have the huge effect we hope it does in getting new blood into racing, they stand the best chance at succeeding in my opinion.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Now this is awesome. Beautiful captured by Traxxas.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThrottleKing
Well I see your points here. I think those brands you mentioned are not carried by certain hobby distributors but I think all of them carry Traxxas products. Some auto parts stores have Traxxas Slash and monster trucks on the shelves letting the average person unaware of RC racing maybe look into it once they see the product. Associated tried to do some promoting with the off road truck series and even has Lucas making their oils now but I think Traxxas' marketing team has been way more successful at putting their products out there for the general public. Their stuff is durable and they have a great product support department. While it may not have the huge effect we hope it does in getting new blood into racing, they stand the best chance at succeeding in my opinion.
I fully expect that first time Traxxas shows this in public. At one of their displays at a NHRA or off road race. It will expose more people to touring cars in one weekend then all major rc races combined. And pretty much expect that even if sales aren't booming. It will sell more then other touring cars. And thats great. I've owned almost 20 different touring cars. And expect to own one of these at somepoint. Even if only to try it, compare to other RTR.
What would need to happen is track owners or race directors would have to embrace it. And endorse it as an actual starter class. And have to convince the already established racers that it's not a bad thing. That for someone looking to try touring cars doesn't need to spend crazy money on an XRay.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Well it would have been great for them to be down here at Snowbirds to offer and exhibition run with them to show them to the RC racing world as well. I would rather watch that than 25.5TC. But then again that is a beginners class I guess and a cheap old third hand car would do fine in. Just didn't like seeing the TC class diluted even more than it is.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Some decent tires and adjustable camber links and this would be a great starter car class. Basically box stock 4tec with very few changes allowed.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice car. I'm hoping that the production body will have separately molded headlight buckets and not stickers as in the pics.
angrymelon likes this.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Some decent tires and adjustable camber links and this would be a great starter car class. Basically box stock 4tec with very few changes allowed.
Yo that is the VXL version for 549. It will also have aluminum hub carriers and things like that. Velion system don't forget telemetry data.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I'm sure the ebay chop shops will have this up in no time. That body would sure look nice on a shelf queen...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.