Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome! >

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Like Tree261Likes

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Old 06-27-2018, 04:08 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

My stock servo died recently. It would not center. I replaced it with an inexpensive servo for right now. It's not easy to find a servo other than a Traxxas to fit. Even with the cheap one, it was a tight fit. Part of the steering rack rubbed against it. So, I had to grind a little of the servo off.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:35 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
My stock servo died recently. It would not center. I replaced it with an inexpensive servo for right now. It's not easy to find a servo other than a Traxxas to fit. Even with the cheap one, it was a tight fit. Part of the steering rack rubbed against it. So, I had to grind a little of the servo off.
Does it need a low profile servo?
Old 06-28-2018, 05:40 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JC3
Does it need a low profile servo?
Thanks. A low profile servo might help. It might give you a choice how you mount under the receiver. I wanted to have a waterproof servo. With the standard size servo there's not much choice. Hobbypartz/Ntrorcx sells a cheap low profile servo that is not truly low profile, but it's shorter, works well and is cheap. I wanted to let people know that there may be a problem if you try to buy any standard size servo. I am sure that there are other servos that would work.
Billy Kelly and JC3 like this.

Last edited by MD; 06-28-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
What size are the stock 4-Tec shocks?
Sorry for the delay, measured last night with the stock shock bottom mount and it is indeed 61mm, for the rear, didn't think to check the fronts till just now, hopefully they are symmetrical.

Originally Posted by MD
I immediately replaced mine with a full sized BK DS-7001HV, fits perfect, although I'm still rocking the XL-5 so maybe the VXL-3S ESC gives it less room?
Old 06-28-2018, 08:26 AM
MD
Tech Champion

QueadlunnRau - Thanks for the information on the BK servo.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MD
QueadlunnRau - Thanks for the information on the BK servo.
Though that servo is a heli servo, I had spares, and isn't waterproof =(
Old 06-29-2018, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
Traxxas servos are a non standard size for some reason which is odd.

Originally Posted by QueadlunnRau
Sorry for the delay, measured last night with the stock shock bottom mount and it is indeed 61mm, for the rear, didn't think to check the fronts till just now, hopefully they are symmetrical.
No apologies necessary! Thank you for the info!
Old 07-03-2018, 12:19 PM
MD
Tech Champion

While was working on my car the other day I noticed that the arms have holes for adjusting the droop, but there are no droop screws. I called Traxxas and the person answering didn't know and couldn't find out. He guessed that since most of the screws on the kit are 3mm that a 3mm x 4mm or 5mm might work.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MD
While was working on my car the other day I noticed that the arms have holes for adjusting the droop, but there are no droop screws. I called Traxxas and the person answering didn't know and couldn't find out. He guessed that since most of the screws on the kit are 3mm that a 3mm x 4mm or 5mm might work.
Found this in the online manual "the suspension arms allow you to adjust droop by using a 4mm set screw (part #4897, sold separately)."

That Traxxas rep needs to spend a little more time on the on-road side.
bennytheblade and JC3 like this.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:39 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Found this in the online manual "the suspension arms allow you to adjust droop by using a 4mm set screw (part #4897, sold separately)."

That Traxxas rep needs to spend a little more time on the on-road side.
Thanks. I found that after you pointed it out. I guess it's difficult to know all the details. I know I called once and asked the internal gear ratio and the person I talked to didn't know and it's also in the manual.

I called Traxxas and let them know where the information can be found.
JC3 likes this.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MD
Thanks. I found that after you pointed it out. I guess it's difficult to know all the details. I know I called once and asked the internal gear ratio and the person I talked to didn't know and it's also in the manual.

I called Traxxas and let them know where the information can be found.
I was jus messing around, Traxxas has been really good to me, recently my daughters 2075 servo went dead, 2 days after I got it for her, called Traxxas and they were asking me for an address to send a new one without asking for a serial number or receipt or anything!?!?!?!
JC3 likes this.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:06 PM
MD
Tech Champion

I was jus messing around, Traxxas has been really good to me, recently my daughters 2075 servo went dead, 2 days after I got it for her, called Traxxas and they were asking me for an address to send a new one without asking for a serial number or receipt or anything!?!?!?!
They seem to be good about things like that. My servo went bad recently. I had registered mine and they are going to send me another one. But, they told me they're on back order.
JC3 likes this.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:57 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
They seem to be good about things like that. My servo went bad recently. I had registered mine and they are going to send me another one. But, they told me they're on back order.
They are amazing. I blew up my ESC and motor in a rookie mistake right after I took the thing out and was trying to prep it for it's first race. I called them, admitted my mistake, and they said send in the ESC and motor for repair which would probably cost around $65. They quoted me two weeks turn around time but instead turned the whole thing around in ONE DAY! ONE frigging DAY. They sent me a brand new ESC and motor - No Charge! Now that's customer satisfaction my friends - 100%.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC3
They are amazing. I blew up my ESC and motor in a rookie mistake right after I took the thing out and was trying to prep it for it's first race. I called them, admitted my mistake, and they said send in the ESC and motor for repair which would probably cost around $65. They quoted me two weeks turn around time but instead turned the whole thing around in ONE DAY! ONE frigging DAY. They sent me a brand new ESC and motor - No Charge! Now that's customer satisfaction my friends - 100%.
Good to read that their customer service rep is returning. Lots of abuses by XMaxx owners were causing them to develop a less then positive rep.
JC3 likes this.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I immediately replaced mine with a full sized BK DS-7001HV, fits perfect, although I'm still rocking the XL-5 so maybe the VXL-3S ESC gives it less room?

wasnít familiar with BK servos till I read this. So far Iíve got no problem with the stock. Its fine for what it used for. But you've got me curious. What made you change?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.