Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome! >

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Like Tree95Likes

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Reply

Old 02-03-2017, 08:28 AM
  #1  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
AZBMXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 21
Default Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

https://traxxas.com/products/landing...0AWD%20chassis

Not usually a fan of Traxxas products, but I am really impressed with their Ford GT. I just wish that it was a kit and not an RTR. Personally, I like the grey one.

I would really be excited if they made this:
AZBMXer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:36 AM
  #2  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 200
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I was almost hoping they put out a 4tec capable of racing but this looks okay too.
djgrom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:38 AM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
ThrottleKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Put a set of Jaco blues or what ever tires the shop deals with on it and onroad has a beginners class. The stock tires may be fine. Keep the rules simple like Slash did allowing lipos and a your choice of radio and what ever pinion/spur combo it comes with. Set the minimum weight to whatever the RTR comes in as. Seen alot of guys posts about how to get new blood in the door and now a company has made it easy. I am hoping Traxxas is very successful with this platform.
ThrottleKing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:48 AM
  #4  
Tech Regular
 
flyingm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: flagstaff, az
Posts: 348
Default

ThrottleKing-
That's a great idea, and the car has really cool adjustability for other bodies as well.
flyingm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:03 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 4,186
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

If it gets people to try road cars that normal don't. Then great. Will it bring people to tracks. Don't think so. The Vateraa V100 is similar, and it didn't. Neither did the Hpi Sport3 and Sprint2 vehicles. Or the Associated Apex, which is a better value.
Maybe a club here or there might try. But don't see more then that. I don't mean to sound negative. I'm all for touring cars. But the average rc buyer needs to have a mindset change about touring cars.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:20 AM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
 
vabroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: dark side of the moon
Posts: 935
Default

Just want that body!
vabroom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:31 AM
  #7  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 200
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ThrottleKing View Post
Put a set of Jaco blues or what ever tires the shop deals with on it and onroad has a beginners class. The stock tires may be fine. Keep the rules simple like Slash did allowing lipos and a your choice of radio and what ever pinion/spur combo it comes with. Set the minimum weight to whatever the RTR comes in as. Seen alot of guys posts about how to get new blood in the door and now a company has made it easy. I am hoping Traxxas is very successful with this platform.
Negative comments aside I think that is a great idea.
djgrom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:25 PM
  #8  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
ThrottleKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
If it gets people to try road cars that normal don't. Then great. Will it bring people to tracks. Don't think so. The Vateraa V100 is similar, and it didn't. Neither did the Hpi Sport3 and Sprint2 vehicles. Or the Associated Apex, which is a better value.
Maybe a club here or there might try. But don't see more then that. I don't mean to sound negative. I'm all for touring cars. But the average rc buyer needs to have a mindset change about touring cars.
Well I see your points here. I think those brands you mentioned are not carried by certain hobby distributors but I think all of them carry Traxxas products. Some auto parts stores have Traxxas Slash and monster trucks on the shelves letting the average person unaware of RC racing maybe look into it once they see the product. Associated tried to do some promoting with the off road truck series and even has Lucas making their oils now but I think Traxxas' marketing team has been way more successful at putting their products out there for the general public. Their stuff is durable and they have a great product support department. While it may not have the huge effect we hope it does in getting new blood into racing, they stand the best chance at succeeding in my opinion.
ThrottleKing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:07 PM
  #9  
Tech Apprentice
 
IAmGreatDane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 82
Default

Now this is awesome. Beautiful captured by Traxxas.
IAmGreatDane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:33 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 4,186
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ThrottleKing View Post
Well I see your points here. I think those brands you mentioned are not carried by certain hobby distributors but I think all of them carry Traxxas products. Some auto parts stores have Traxxas Slash and monster trucks on the shelves letting the average person unaware of RC racing maybe look into it once they see the product. Associated tried to do some promoting with the off road truck series and even has Lucas making their oils now but I think Traxxas' marketing team has been way more successful at putting their products out there for the general public. Their stuff is durable and they have a great product support department. While it may not have the huge effect we hope it does in getting new blood into racing, they stand the best chance at succeeding in my opinion.
I fully expect that first time Traxxas shows this in public. At one of their displays at a NHRA or off road race. It will expose more people to touring cars in one weekend then all major rc races combined. And pretty much expect that even if sales aren't booming. It will sell more then other touring cars. And thats great. I've owned almost 20 different touring cars. And expect to own one of these at somepoint. Even if only to try it, compare to other RTR.
What would need to happen is track owners or race directors would have to embrace it. And endorse it as an actual starter class. And have to convince the already established racers that it's not a bad thing. That for someone looking to try touring cars doesn't need to spend crazy money on an XRay.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:45 PM
  #11  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
ThrottleKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Well it would have been great for them to be down here at Snowbirds to offer and exhibition run with them to show them to the RC racing world as well. I would rather watch that than 25.5TC. But then again that is a beginners class I guess and a cheap old third hand car would do fine in. Just didn't like seeing the TC class diluted even more than it is.
ThrottleKing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:10 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Brian McGreevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Some decent tires and adjustable camber links and this would be a great starter car class. Basically box stock 4tec with very few changes allowed.
Brian McGreevy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:24 PM
  #13  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Ed Delgado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Satellite Beach
Posts: 505
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Nice car. I'm hoping that the production body will have separately molded headlight buckets and not stickers as in the pics.
Ed Delgado is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:31 PM
  #14  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 200
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy View Post
Some decent tires and adjustable camber links and this would be a great starter car class. Basically box stock 4tec with very few changes allowed.
Yo that is the VXL version for 549. It will also have aluminum hub carriers and things like that. Velion system don't forget telemetry data.
djgrom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:58 PM
  #15  
Dan
Tech Elite
iTrader: (53)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,681
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

I'm sure the ebay chop shops will have this up in no time. That body would sure look nice on a shelf queen...
Dan is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service