Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome! >

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Like Tree261Likes

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Old 09-20-2020, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MD
The stock stub axles have the same part number for front and rear, 8354.
If they made a longer rear stub axle or cvd then wider hexes would work, there are some thick ones from China.
The Yeah Racing rear cvd are stock length and only fits the disc hub with 1-2 threads showing.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:05 AM
Tech Rookie

That thing looks awesome!
Old 09-28-2020, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xrayray
If they made a longer rear stub axle or cvd then wider hexes would work, there are some thick ones from China.
The Yeah Racing rear cvd are stock length and only fits the disc hub with 1-2 threads showing.
I was able to fit the Traxxas gray hexes in the rear. The stub axle end is flush with the wheel locknut.
Now I am running 24mm Tamiya wheels 2 offset on USGT tires.
The car drives into a corner slightly loose, but hooks up on power mid corner to the exit. I'm very happy with it now. Down to 1550g with 5000 lipo. Going to a shorty next hopefully <1500g.

angrymelon likes this.

Last edited by Xrayray; 09-28-2020 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

I put droop screws in the rear only, it seems to stop forward pitching when I let go of the the throttle. It appears to be more settled on corner entry. It still hooks up good mid corner all the way to the exit.
I also tested some 100k front diff, to help stability a little.
New weight is 1480 with shorty lipo 4200mah.

Last edited by Xrayray; 10-19-2020 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Just bought the VXL for my 12 year old as his first car. I used to race regularly but have been out of it for at least 12 years now (since my son was born). Took him to a few races on road races to gauge his interest and it quickly reminded of what turned me off about the hobby. The hollier than thou attitude of some the veteran racers and even track announcers is a major turn off. I've heard and seen the VXL and my initial reaction was like most experienced racers. But after seeing that attitude from some of the more experienced racers really turned me off so I told myself I want my son to have FUN first and let him decide if he wants to race or bash or both. Enter the VXL. After driving it once at a local store, I was impressed. We ended up picking one up from my local Hobby Town along with the 3s lipo pack/dual charger. Great decision. My son is having a blast and 2 of his Fortnite buddies are now enjoying the outdoors again as they too are now getting into the hobby. Great move by Traxxas bringing this car to the market. As an entry level car, this thing is a blast. Great out of the box. I'm tempted to get back into it as well but I'm happy seeing my son enjoy the hobby. I've been relegated to mechanic/body painter/sponsor We picked up a few drift parts and am making a detailed body to have fun. Super G Drift in Baldwin Park, Ca was awesome and very welcoming. Don't know much about drifting but the people and employees where all very welcoming and accomodating. They seem to have a ton of fun going slow, sideways, and laughing it up. Just the way it should be
Old 05-15-2021, 11:47 PM
Tech Rookie

anyone try the drift tires yet? looks fun.