Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

the tires are very grippy. they are slicks and i dont remember the brand. some japanese brand, but the tire is what they use at my local tracks. its not new either, i have a lot of runs on them.

as for springs, my first setup was super stiff in the rear and medium stiff in the front. after realizing the car spins out badly i started swapping out springs. i tried super stiff in the front and soft in the rear, super stiff all the way around, soft all the way around. doest seem to matter what springs i run, it always handles the same.

and the surface? its any surface. when i go to the track the surface is extremely grippy. its on an old tennis court. which is why i need lowest possible ride height because there is so much traction, even the slightest turn will result in the car flipping over. however, ive also ran at a lot of different parking lots. some with quite a bit of dust and some brand new and super smooth. result is always the same. i cannot go through any kind of sweepers or wide turns or it spins out.

and for steering? thats a good idea. it could be servo speed i suppose, but im not entirely sure. it does it even with the slightest steering inputs. i cant even reach full throttle because it gets so touchy that it is impossible to keep it from spinning out. the car its self doesnt track 100% straight because the car its self isnt precise. its just an entry level kit and it has a bit of slop. ive shimmed out as much as i could but the faster you go, the more it kinda wanders left and right. so when your going fast, you have to sort of steer the car slightly left and right to keep it going straight, and then that just leads to a spin out before even reaching half throttle. its very fustrating
Old 05-12-2013, 01:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Half an inch at its lowest even with the collars at their highest? Mine is a little less than 5mm without any shims... if you're not exaggerating then there's something very wrong. half an inch is like.. 12.7mm

Well I hope you sort it out, maybe return it to stock form and eliminate possible causes one by one, it's gonna be a lot of work but that's gonna be your best bet.

I did use a 4300kv motor in it once and it under-steers a lot but no spin outs... and I was using sweep 32, but then I was using stock suspension. I have since turned mine into a drifter after realizing for the money I was gonna dump into it I might as well get a more capable car.

Last edited by sporadicidiocy; 05-12-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If its flipping on any type of surface, thats called traction rolling
Thats a problem with your tires and or suspension
Like Sporad said go back to the orginal setup and start from there
Lowering the steering is also a good place to start
Good luck and keep us informed of your progress
Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

new to this thread as well. Picked up 2 TT-01E kits recently. One is still in the box, but the other has been played with a bit. Not been to a track and at the moment it has some drift tires to try it out but no real drift conversion yet. I havent even painted the body yet. lol

So far hop ups are ball bearings, aluminum shaft and upper camber arms and adjustable turn buckles. Electronics wise it has the 15T brushed RTR combo from my HPI Blitz as well as the HPI control that came off that truck as well. Faster spektrum servo but I dont remember which model at the moment. The body is the BRZ R&D Sport and the one still packaged up is the team arai WRX-STI. Not sure what I am gonna do with the 2nd one yet, but if this one switches to a full drifter then ill make the 2nd one for grip.
Attached Thumbnails TT-01 Forum-iujecvel.jpg   TT-01 Forum-deeyskhl.jpg  
Old 05-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have just purchased a TT-01D kit. It is quite a great kit except that the steering angle is too little.. Is there any way at all that I can increase the steering angle? Thanks :-)
Old 05-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darex12
I have just purchased a TT-01D kit. It is quite a great kit except that the steering angle is too little.. Is there any way at all that I can increase the steering angle? Thanks :-)
By the Steering angle, do you mean how far the wheels actually turn for the
car to maneuver into a turn?
Or something else?
Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
By the Steering angle, do you mean how far the wheels actually turn for the
car to maneuver into a turn?
Or something else?
Yes I mean the angle the wheels can turn. As in how far the wheels can turn.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TT-01E Rally modification

Hi guys, I used to own a TT-01E chassis. But i only used it for on-road asphalt racing. Kind of curious (& regret) that it was never used for rally racing. What modifications do you make to your TT-01E chassis for a rally bashing?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fennec
Hi guys, I used to own a TT-01E chassis. But i only used it for on-road asphalt racing. Kind of curious (& regret) that it was never used for rally racing. What modifications do you make to your TT-01E chassis for a rally bashing?
thats actually WHY i bought mine. all you really need to do is cut the skid plates where the A arms touch and it will let the A arms have more down travel. then get some rally tires of course. you can also get longer shocks (i got some alluminum ones designed for the TA05 because there a few Millimeters longer) and i would also recommend taking some duck tape and taping the bottom of your chassis to cover the battery holes so stuff doesnt get caught in them (like sticks and stuff).

as for the turning radius, not sure how to help with the stock set up, but i have a Ko Propo transmitter and getting more steering was as easy as setting the end points.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Yes I mean the angle the wheels can turn. As in how far the wheels can turn.
Okay thats a setting on your controller
what type of controller are you using?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay thats a setting on your controller
what type of controller are you using?
I am currently using the stock ttu-08 controller..
Old 05-25-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

I am currently using the stock ttu-08 controller..
Okay Im not familiar with that controller, but maybe someone else on here is
But if you read the directions/operating manual for it
In the settings section someplace you'll see something for steering percentage or something like that
Learn how to increase it for both sides, Left and Right, and your problem
will be solved!
Let us know how you make out!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay Im not familiar with that controller, but maybe someone else on here is
But if you read the directions/operating manual for it
In the settings section someplace you'll see something for steering percentage or something like that
Learn how to increase it for both sides, Left and Right, and your problem
will be solved!
Let us know how you make out!
Ok I'll try that out. And I heard that tamiya's universal shaft can increase the steering angle? Is it true? And if it's true, how much will it increase by? Thanks. :-)
Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I plan on running a 17.5 in my TT01 and was wondering how to gear it. I have a 56T spur with a 29T pinon with a stock silver can. temps are 115-120 on motor, and 70 to 80 on the esc.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TonyD.
I plan on running a 17.5 in my TT01 and was wondering how to gear it. I have a 56T spur with a 29T pinon with a stock silver can. temps are 115-120 on motor, and 70 to 80 on the esc.
It Depends on what type of track youre running on with the TT-01s If its longer than what youre running now seems good the motor should be ables to handle it but if it is smaller then try like a 24 or 25 T Pinion and the stock 61 T Spur

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.