Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It just seems I see more negative posts than positive. I would never really return the car, I'm just concerned.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The people with something to gripe about normally are the loudest...it's that way with any situation...

the people without issues are at the tracks..racing their cars, improving their times and being happy....some pause occasionally to post on the forums...

I'm happy...but it's easier for me to escape to the PC and type messages on the forum than it is for me to haul my gear 25 minutes to the local track and sneak in some track time when wifey isn't looking

Build your car, but pay attention to the precision of alignment of your components...

If there is an issue, with anything in the kit, I would suggest a well worded, courteous inquiry to the distributor.

These guys are professionals and are just doing their jobs...when treated wtih respect they tend to respond with respect and will be more helpful. Think about your daily life...how motivated are you to help someone out when they instantly start screaming at you?

That being said...my car was a pleasure to build...no real issues to speak of...
Old 02-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ask the guys that are moaning and whining about the car, how they are doing on the track? Are these guys still running mid pack just like with their old cars? Are they spending so much time worrying about what's wrong with their car instead of driving it?

Then ask the guys like us that ran the car barely with 6 packs and are TQ'ing, getting close to track record and winning a race with it first time out? Spending more time actually driving the car and finding setup then sit there and bench stare at the car.

Let's see who you should listen to?

Dom
Old 02-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Does any one have pictures of the FK05 rear roll bar on the front of the T2, wanted to see how it sits.

Thanks,

Nick
Old 02-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Ask the guys that are moaning and whining about the car, how they are doing on the track? Are these guys still running mid pack just like with their old cars? Are they spending so much time worrying about what's wrong with their car instead of driving it?

Then ask the guys like us that ran the car barely with 6 packs and are TQ'ing, getting close to track record and winning a race with it first time out? Spending more time actually driving the car and finding setup then sit there and bench stare at the car.

Let's see who you should listen to?

Dom

I TQ'd, got 1st and swept both heats and that was with about a minute if track time the 1st time out . My best prior finish was 2nd with no TQ's in 10 Races (415 MS). That said I have been vocal about the issues I have had (Rear toe, chassis seperation under the motor) neither of which have been taken care of.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ill Factor
I TQ'd, got 1st and swept both heats and that was with about a minute if track time the 1st time out . My best prior finish was 2nd with no TQ's in 10 Races (415 MS). That said I have been vocal about the issues I have had (Rear toe, chassis seperation under the motor) neither of which have been taken care of.
you can bet that no one on this thread can do anything about it, and if you realy think that comming on here and making a big issue of the problems you are having, instead of contacting the right people and going thru the proper channels is going to help you resolve the issues you have, then I wish you luck........
Old 02-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You guys all crack me up...the guys that are doing the so-called gripe'n are doing exactly what these forums are intending to do- INFORM-. Whether it's positive or negative. The guys with kits that didn't have problems- step up to the plate and offer suggestions of help instead of doing your own gripe'n of the guys who are having problems. None of you are getting paid to defend X-Ray . X-Ray makes mistakes too and believe me they're paying attention to these threads and learning what needs to be done to correct upcoming batches. I wouldn't put my car on the track either unless it was built right. No car is absolutely perfect but come on...
Old 02-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

The toe problem is probably because one of two or three things happened.

Either
The rear uprights have the hinge pin holes off by .5 or less degrees. So one one side you gain toe in, and on the other side lose toe in, resulting in double the difference. .5deg off gives you 1 degree difference between the two sides.

OR, a similar problem with the hinge pin holes in the a-arms.

OR, the bearing holes are slightly out of alignment.

Does any one know if using the FK05 rear uprights (and axels and such) elimiinate the toe in issue??
Old 02-02-2006, 01:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just built the car up when I got it. Heard about the rear toe problem ( so called )after completing the build and doing a setup. But the car drives fine quailfied 3rd on first drive of the car. It's awesome rear toe problem or not. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anyone want to bet how long it takes a person to ask "will the new hop-up parts be polished like they are in the picture?"
Old 02-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I can't help reading this thread every day. First of all, the T2 is a beautiful car and appears to be a racers dream car. Easy to work on, easy to set up and very fast around the track. It is pretty amusing though to see how many people defend the company. I'm sure they'll fix the problem but how about this for mentality. "I just bought a new silver Mercedes and the drivers door was red....but man this car is nice". I really hope they get everything sorted out. When one company ups the ante, all others follow. Good luck to all.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hey Guys. I just got bored at my office. I took some pics. Enjoy..
Attached Thumbnails NEW XRAY T2-mvc-001s.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-mvc-002s.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-mvc-004s.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-mvc-005s.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-mvc-008s.jpg  

Old 02-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Some more..
Attached Thumbnails NEW XRAY T2-mvc-009s.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-mvc-010s.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-mvc-011s.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-mvc-012s.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-mvc-013s.jpg  

Old 02-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I can't help reading this thread every day. First of all, the T2 is a beautiful car and appears to be a racers dream car. Easy to work on, easy to set up and very fast around the track. It is pretty amusing though to see how many people defend the company. I'm sure they'll fix the problem but how about this for mentality. "I just bought a new silver Mercedes and the drivers door was red....but man this car is nice". I really hope they get everything sorted out. When one company ups the ante, all others follow. Good luck to all.
remind me not to send you out to buy me a car.....
Old 02-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayBee
You guys all crack me up...the guys that are doing the so-called gripe'n are doing exactly what these forums are intending to do- INFORM-. Whether it's positive or negative. The guys with kits that didn't have problems- step up to the plate and offer suggestions of help instead of doing your own gripe'n of the guys who are having problems. None of you are getting paid to defend X-Ray . X-Ray makes mistakes too and believe me they're paying attention to these threads and learning what needs to be done to correct upcoming batches. I wouldn't put my car on the track either unless it was built right. No car is absolutely perfect but come on...
again...no one said you shouldnt come on here and let others know about the problems you find with this or every other car built....its just the few that seem to think if they grip about the same thing every time they get on here, its gonna fix what ever issue they seem to have.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.