Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

larry builds boeing planes, no wonder he always looks tired

Seriously, great parts, I already have his 4.5degree C hubs, lovely machining and tough as nails!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer
larry builds boeing planes, no wonder he always looks tired

Seriously, great parts, I already have his 4.5degree C hubs, lovely machining and tough as nails!
well....he builds parts for Boeing....so i guess, indirectly he does help build them....
Old 01-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

DW, where did you get that 85* counter sink from? Can't find one locally. Can you bring it to the track Sat? Thanks
Old 01-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update. Here at PRS we strive to make the best quaility spur and pinion on the market, so after listening to your comments, questions, and concerns all future PRS Touring Car spurs will have all 6 holes countersunk on one side of the gear. This will allow PRS gears to be used with the all new T2 and any shaft drive car that has the same clearance issues.

Thanks to all who choose PRS.

Last edited by Tornado_Racing; 01-17-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

For those of you T2 owners that have run your cars on asphalt are you running your chassis in the kit setting, (stiff) or have you changed it to say medium or soft?
Old 01-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default please help!!!

Hi can anyone get an Xray T2 to me by friday or saturday morning? Or a rear hub? Got big meeting this weekend and broke one. Willing to buy entire car for just the hub!!

If anyone knows a model shop anywhere with one please let me know

Please contact me if you can help
Old 01-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Initiate

We have not yet run on ashpalt but indoors on rubbers we have found that the car produces more mechanical grip than the 05 did on the same day back to back. We were only running 4 screws out underneath and with no posts but this was quite a bit stiffer than the 05 chassis we ran indoors - 2mm chassis, modified flexy topdeck and screws out etc.

When we tried the T2 with more flex (screws out of topdeck) it lost some responsiveness and the front end would try to bite too much, slowing it down mid corner in the hairpins. Traction was pretty phenominal however and what you lost mid corner you almost gained in traction but on balance it was better stiffer although there was ultimately very little difference in laptime.

Generally the car feels like it has more mechanical grip than the 05 which allows you to run the chassis slightly stiffer, helping make the car more responsive. After 5 or 6 runs we found it to be a consistent 2 or 3/10ths a lap quicker than one of our very well sorted 05's, with a year of development on it.......

Based on the fact we generally used to run the 05 chassis a little stiffer on tarmac/rubbers compared to carpet/rubbers I would suggest you start off with all of the screws in but no posts and go from there. If traction is very low then try removing some and allowing a little more flex.

Steve
Old 01-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there are a few kits still available from canadian stores, contact Korgae from canwest r/c. he is the dist. for xray up north, he can direct you to some LHS that might have them www.canwestrc.net not sure but he should be able to send you in the right direction
Old 01-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

if a 17lb spring is too stiff, and a 14lb too soft, could i use a 14lb with thicker oil and/or a 2 hole piston instead of a 3 hole to get about the same thing as a 15 or a 16 lb spring?? Or do other spriongs fit? say a losi spring?
Old 01-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sam_Smith
Hi can anyone get an Xray T2 to me by friday or saturday morning? Or a rear hub? Got big meeting this weekend and broke one. Willing to buy entire car for just the hub!!

If anyone knows a model shop anywhere with one please let me know

Please contact me if you can help
I will fed ex you a hub that will get to you by friday for $50. Let me know.

Fedex costs would eat up most of that.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks, for putting my idea of countersinking the spur screws into production. PRS gears are the best in the business.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
DW, where did you get that 85* counter sink from? Can't find one locally. Can you bring it to the track Sat? Thanks

Roger that. Itll be in my pit box... just remind me to give it to ya.

- DaveW
Old 01-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Thanks, for putting my idea of countersinking the spur screws into production. PRS gears are the best in the business.

I would have to agree. I would rather have all the material in that area for a solid spur that doesnt wobble, and use countersunk screws to mount it, than thin out that area just to use buttonhead screws. From a production side of things, its probably cheaper/easier to just countersink the holes. We benefit.

- DaveW
Old 01-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Sears at Military Circle Mall has 82d ones. Just picked one up myself for this evenings work...
Old 01-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CoryCraig
if a 17lb spring is too stiff, and a 14lb too soft, could i use a 14lb with thicker oil and/or a 2 hole piston instead of a 3 hole to get about the same thing as a 15 or a 16 lb spring?? Or do other spriongs fit? say a losi spring?
Give us a better understanding of how the car is handling, what type of corner(s) and where in the corner(s). Also knowing where the car handles well can help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.