Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TeamOrion GP3700SP2 Cells

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rick i'm just reporting what I was told. From my understanding batteries do make an impact with brushless and these were 2 instances that prove it.

Yes this whole debate is getting a bit old and yes maybe I should shut up and not say as much. Maybe I come across as being jealous , scared or simply an idiot.

I have a solution that can end this debate once and for all. Your newest US team driver for your motors is Josh Cyrul which also happens to be an SMC driver. Josh is one of the best US drivers and has allot of experience plus owns his own track. Why don't you send him some regular GP3700s and some of the new improved GP3700SP2 to test against our IB3800s. After he has tested them he can let everyone know his test report and show the lap times. I would like the test to be done with a brushless motor. This should remove the variables of a brushed motor like comm condition and motor heat.

If he says that the regular GP3700 are better than the IB3800s I will look like an idiot and you guys will look like heroes.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Heh, all my IB3800 stuff is matched at SMC.....

As for the quality, well....Mike Dumas is TQ in both 1/12th Scale Mod and Sedan Mod at the Cleveland Indoor Champs right now.....with my cells in the car....

As for my site not having all the info....well, still working on it....however very very few companies will post how they go about matching the cell, except for obivious things like Charge Rate....

As for the sales pitch....not really, just the facts.

Our first 1000 cell shipment sold out in a week.....the next 2000 cell order sold out in like 10 days.....and its more of the shopping season now than it was then.....it's just basic fact.

I find it funny, you insult me, then want a free battery pack....TOO funny. I will put that right on the top of my to do list...

All the titles we've won in 2005 didn't happen by accident or luck...

Later EddieO
Old 11-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by XCrash
Danny, other than quoting someone what "I" said was....
-------------------------
"I will be glad to sell you the packs we take back from our drivers attending this race."

So we can purchase good cells from you but only after they are used for several runs?

Battery matchers abuse your cells then sell them to you used. By the time they sit on a shelf between matcher, team did'nt use them and distributor they would of been better performers untouched and simply run as is.

Why do most battery matchers sound like used car salesmen? Promise the world and deliver junk, sound familular!
---------------------------------------

I did contact you on the 3600's, after supplying a lot of information you wanted to replace two cells in one pack that were low on runtime. You sent two cells out, I replaced the cells in the pack and it still sucked as did the other one. The much older gp3300's allways did out perform them on the track. I pm'ed you after that and never heard anything back. The cells were 1.60 and 1.69 with simular runtimes, 1.60 pack had bad cells in it according to your analyizing the #'s and both performed the same on the discharger and track.

Brian

Brian: I just looked at my PM inbox and the oldest PM is from March and I don' see any with your name. When did you PM me ? Also did you ever email me ? If so please email me your email address so I can see any correspondance I have had with you. I never delete emails I receive.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Danny, 2-25-5 and 3-7-2005 my pm's go back to 2004. It was all via pm's.

EddieO, I did'nt insult you and only pointed out the obvious sales ploy in your statement. Nor did I ask for a free pack, what I said was send me one and I will return it with an honest oppinion. Read what I said, not what you want to believe.......

Brian
Old 11-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ginsu
Unfortunatey I do not have an answer for you regarding cost. I do however have a question. Why do they not allow IB cells to compete in Europe?

Cheers,
J
They need to be approved on April 1 each year - IB didn't submit the 3800's for approval at the beginnning of 2005 so they didn't get approved.

They'll be alowed from 1/4/06 for all events - and can be used now at the discression of individual race organisers
Old 11-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Company Representative

Thanks for giving me the date I did find your PM. Here is what I replied on the 8th and I beleive I didn't get any other PMs from you after my reply.

I really don't know what to say. Something seems to have happened to your packs but it's hard for me to know exactly all the posibilities. I know that most of the people using them are very happy with the perfromance of this cell that being said cells can do weird things at times. Some of our drivers have reported that their packs got better after a few track cycles.

If you want you can send them in and we can test the packs and if they are that low we replace them.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Danny, I did not receive that pm. I double checked to see if I had possibly missed it and its not there. Had I received it they would of been returned, they have simply sat in my pit box unused since the older gp's performed better.

Brian
Old 11-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Company Representative

It has the arrow showing I replied in the inbox and found the reply in my sent folder.

Yes all this cool technology like PMs and emails is great but it does have some glitches. As I participate allot on this site you should of mentioned something instead of waiting until now and be upset with me and my company.

Email me your address and I will take care of this issue.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yer in Ohio, stop by my hotel room,#240 at the Holiday in Independance...at the Cleveland Indoor Champs....

I will take you down to Peter Robinson's room....show you his team stock and 19t packs.....I've got about 45 packs at my shop with higher runtime and/or voltage.....I've cells in my room just as good also....grabbed them out of the stock in case I picked up a new driver or two....

Team level stuff is available from us....I only provide packs to a couple of guys....and thats grabbed from every third batch of so....so two batches every three go completely untouched...

And like I said, the stuff sells out fast.....so you are getting the freshest stuff, especially the Ib stuff, as it is selling as fast as SMC gets it....and I sell it as fast as he sends it to me...

Feel free to ask customers in my thread or any of my dealers who sell my stuff....

And if my stuff is a sales pitch....no worse than your sales pitch to get a free pack......call it what you want it, it was a round about of way of asking for a free pack....I mean, come on, who uses their trader feedback for something like that...

Later EddieO
Old 11-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by exint2
They need to be approved on April 1 each year - IB didn't submit the 3800's for approval at the beginnning of 2005 so they didn't get approved.

They'll be alowed from 1/4/06 for all events - and can be used now at the discression of individual race organisers

Hey thanks for the info!
Old 11-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Danny, pm sent. I tried to deal with this as best I could at the time

Eddieo, Your over 4 hours from me, hardly worth the gas as far as I am concerned. Trader feedback back would help to form a background on me, can't help it if you dont realize that. As much as you want to turn "Send me a pack and I'll send it back" into a ploy for a free pack its not the case, you say your packs are awesome so prove it. If they are I dont have a problem admitting it or buying packs from you in the future, if it sucks I dont have a problem saying so either..

90% of the time I buy stuff based on lemmings saying how awesome it is it turns out to be junk. I have no idea if you fit in the 90% category or not but I am not willing to blow my $ to find out.

Obviously you have been sniffing a little too much paragon lately, friends dont let friends drink and race at cleveland
Old 11-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Please Read This

I am speaking to the people who are comparing GP to IB. I know you guy's are better than that, to talk about totally two different technology's. First, the GP cells are smaller and weigh less than the IB cells and let us not forget that there is a difference between 3700 mah and 3800 mah. Wouldn't you think that the IB's have more potential energy than the GP's. Am I wrong when I say that 3.8 amps is diffferent than 3.7 amps. I believe in what works for what your racing. So please don't fuss over which is better.

Owner of both GP and IB, and I use them equaly.

Hope you guys didn't take this to the heart, and I'm am sorry if it did.
Not really, we're men.

Last edited by TadehI; 11-25-2005 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Company Representative

When I measure GP3700 and IB3800 they are the same size. IB3800s are 64-66grams and I believe the 3700s are 64-65 grams.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by XCrash
Danny, pm sent. I tried to deal with this as best I could at the time

Eddieo, Your over 4 hours from me, hardly worth the gas as far as I am concerned. Trader feedback back would help to form a background on me, can't help it if you dont realize that. As much as you want to turn "Send me a pack and I'll send it back" into a ploy for a free pack its not the case, you say your packs are awesome so prove it. If they are I dont have a problem admitting it or buying packs from you in the future, if it sucks I dont have a problem saying so either..

90% of the time I buy stuff based on lemmings saying how awesome it is it turns out to be junk. I have no idea if you fit in the 90% category or not but I am not willing to blow my $ to find out.

Obviously you have been sniffing a little too much paragon lately, friends dont let friends drink and race at cleveland
Just email me your address and I will make you a happy SMC customer. SMC is all about customer satisfaction. No need to test Brood cells as we match them so if you like the packs I will be sending you then you will like Brood packs.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Thankyou Danny/SMC for your answer.

Please Read

My new question concerns battery proformance.

Here it goes. What causes such a huge difference from one cell to the other of the same manufature. Here a example. A friend of mine has a 3300 team pack with cells that read with a voltage of 1.195 and mAH of 443, and he also has a 3300 mAH practice pack of the same matcher and cell producer. One cell in the pack has a voltage of 1.172 and a mAH of 408. What causes this, is it the materials and quality control or something freak that happens during construction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.