Search
Like Tree395Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BadSign
What effect will you get if the rear differential lube is too thin or too thick?
Good question. If you're way off, the effect can be very similar if you're either too thin or too thick.
If you run way too thin on high bite, it will diff out: into the corners and in sweepers it will over-rotate instead of holding a line, and it will also diff out on power and you'll lose forward drive.
If you run way too thick on low bite, it will feel like a straight axle: into the corners and sweepers it will over-rotate, and it will spin out on power.

I find it's important to match the diff fluid with the amount of traction you have available, and then fine tune from there.
Edwin Pibal likes this.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:52 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looking for some feedback/advice. I'm still struggling to get my used 7.1 rebuilt. With the 4 screws snugged down in the front of my top plate, the back of the top plate does not line up with the bulkhead screw holes. If I try to move the rear over it twists the front bulkheads. If I flip the top deck over it's still bad enough to concern me. If I loosen the 4 screws in the front and try to center the rear over the holes in the bulkheads it still does not line up well. I bought this graphite chassis off of ebay on the recommendation of a fellow RCTech'er, but I'm wondering it that might be the problem or maybe the top deck is junk. Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

******Sorry, I figured it out. Just loosening and then re-tightening the front bulkheads took care of the problem!******

Last edited by JC3; 04-16-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc pete
Good question. If you're way off, the effect can be very similar if you're either too thin or too thick.
If you run way too thin on high bite, it will diff out: into the corners and in sweepers it will over-rotate instead of holding a line, and it will also diff out on power and you'll lose forward drive.
If you run way too thick on low bite, it will feel like a straight axle: into the corners and sweepers it will over-rotate, and it will spin out on power.

I find it's important to match the diff fluid with the amount of traction you have available, and then fine tune from there.
exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
Old 04-20-2018, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

new TC coming up from associated?

https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/asc30121.htm
Old 04-20-2018, 12:55 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Now that's very intetesting.......
Old 04-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JC3
Looking for some feedback/advice. I'm still struggling to get my used 7.1 rebuilt. With the 4 screws snugged down in the front of my top plate, the back of the top plate does not line up with the bulkhead screw holes. If I try to move the rear over it twists the front bulkheads. If I flip the top deck over it's still bad enough to concern me. If I loosen the 4 screws in the front and try to center the rear over the holes in the bulkheads it still does not line up well. I bought this graphite chassis off of ebay on the recommendation of a fellow RCTech'er, but I'm wondering it that might be the problem or maybe the top deck is junk. Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

******Sorry, I figured it out. Just loosening and then re-tightening the front bulkheads took care of the problem!******

Try letting the tension off that front belt , take out all topdeck screws and then see if all the holes lie up by just placing the topdeck on top . I think the front belt alone is making the chassis look tweaked
JC3 likes this.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
Try letting the tension off that front belt , take out all topdeck screws and then see if all the holes lie up by just placing the topdeck on top . I think the front belt alone is making the chassis look tweaked
In addition, don't set belt tension till after the top deck has been installed. Roll the belt off of the front pulley while setting the top deck and tweak.
JC3 likes this.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pinkz

With the big race coming around the corner, I can see them releasing a "worlds" version with the running changes or whatever they choose to call it.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
With the big race coming around the corner, I can see them releasing a "worlds" version with the running changes or whatever they choose to call it.
Yeah its the perfect time for a New Car, I don't care anymore , can't keep up with the the car changes anyway.
Still racing the TC7 on carpet , Tc6's Outside Not really by Choice
Old 04-21-2018, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They've done a worlds version of the 6.1 but haven't done one for any other of their TC cars. I wouldn't assume they'll have something new.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

It'd be pretty silly to release a Worlds car when they haven't made the main at an IFMAR Worlds in forever, no?

The new car is designed, but like all AE releases they'll slow-play the announcement and eventual release to make fanboys like you and I go crazy
Old 04-23-2018, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

what's you guys rear end setup on black carpet? just had my first go at it w/ the 7.1 on black carpet (after running on grey for a few weeks) and i'm trying to get the car to rotate how i want it. my current rear end setup, generally is 7k rear gear diff, rear belt is kinda loose, 1.5* camber seemed to be where i had to stay for it to not overrotate. 1mm droop ORH and 2* rear toe
Old 04-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

new TC coming up from associated?

https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/asc30121.htm
I knew this a few weeks ago, ...didn't want to spread rumors, but since its on Stormer's site ..guess the cat's out of the bag.
New model rumored in the fall.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eR1c
I knew this a few weeks ago, ...didn't want to spread rumors, but since its on Stormer's site ..guess the cat's out of the bag.
New model rumored in the fall.
But the Tea leaves , Goat entrails and Crop circles all point to a Announcement Soon
Old 04-23-2018, 05:50 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Discontinued at Stormer. Car isn't even listed on Tower. Showing on back order at both TQ and AMain. Just sayin....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.