Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Not sure what criteria to use. I am sure there will be plenty of opinions though.

Having an invitational class will make for good qualifying throughout the day. No more will these guys have to fight through round 1 trying to get a good run for the reshuffle.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Allow no R/C related decals of any kind on the bodies, no sponsor sheets, and no wearing of any r/c manufacturers shirts while on the drivers stand. This will eliminate any of the advertising the manufacturers might get. This wouldn't eliminate the problem but with less advertising the manufacturers wouldn't get the full value of a sponsorship.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Allow no R/C related decals of any kind on the bodies, no sponsor sheets, and no wearing of any r/c manufacturers shirts while on the drivers stand. This will eliminate any of the advertising the manufacturers might get. This wouldn't eliminate the problem but with less advertising the manufacturers wouldn't get the full value of a sponsorship.

Yea right! try to tell people what to wear at a race.Arcor did have a no sponsor decal rule,I had pull my decals off my body year before last at the spec nats.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Someone asked a while back in the thread to identify( call out some of the racers ) that have been sandbagging. Below is the A main from the 'birds in 2005, Prolly the best race result to pull, as The Bird's has the least restrictive rules, and most likely opportunity to sandbag a class. 3 of the racers below ran Expert 19 at the same race, feeling they are good enough to run expert. 2 of them ran mod 12th. 4 of them were in the A in Sportsman 19t

Jeff Cuffs
Ray Darroch
Peter Robinson
TJ Bradley
Jason Schreffler
Jeff Dayger
Quincy Hughes
Mark Smyka
Brad Johnson
Alex Lopez

Out of this list of people who should move on, who has moved on. I am not picking on any one driver, but just illustrating the issue that Soviet brought up. I have my own opinions, but voicing then here looks like you are trying to bad mouth a fellow driver..

Mark Smyka was the second qaulifer in 19-turn foam in Las Veags and he ran Mod., think it was low-B or high C-main
Old 11-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sharkman, Keith, very good idea.

They could run it like the invitational at the reedy race, except with more drivers and the bottom 5 get dropped instead of the bottom finisher at the reedy. I'd very much like to see this at big races...because as you said, everyone would be fast and everyone would be able to qualify to their fullest from round 1.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Someone asked a while back in the thread to identify( call out some of the racers ) that have been sandbagging. Below is the A main from the 'birds in 2005, Prolly the best race result to pull, as The Bird's has the least restrictive rules, and most likely opportunity to sandbag a class. 3 of the racers below ran Expert 19 at the same race, feeling they are good enough to run expert. 2 of them ran mod 12th. 4 of them were in the A in Sportsman 19t

Jeff Cuffs
Ray Darroch
Peter Robinson
TJ Bradley
Jason Schreffler
Jeff Dayger
Quincy Hughes
Mark Smyka
Brad Johnson
Alex Lopez

Out of this list of people who should move on, who has moved on. I am not picking on any one driver, but just illustrating the issue that Soviet brought up. I have my own opinions, but voicing then here looks like you are trying to bad mouth a fellow driver..

My opinion on those names are there are 3 life time stock/19 turn racers there. 2 that have moved on to mod/19 turn, 2 going to mod first of the year, 1 that has just started to make his name felt in the last year and 2 I dont know anything about.

EA
Old 11-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Is Lopez going to run mod at any big races this year? He signed up for Mod at the Nats, but was a DNS all week.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

What about Bobby Flack?
Old 11-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Warner
What about Bobby Flack?
I think he's running mod now.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Warner
What about Bobby Flack?

What about him??? I can't recall him running stk. in the last few years....That is what this thread was about. Guys that constantly run Stk. at races instead of ever moving on.

We have a "big" race coming up at our LOCAL CLUB track next month. There are Stk., 19t and Mod TC at this race. There is a "MUTI-NATIONAL LEVEL Champion" coming to this race.....He signed up for Stk. and 19t,Come on give it a break! At a race of this size shouldn't they be running 19t and mod????

Don't get me wrong I want to run against them, because they are some of the BEST. But at a race with less than 100 entries they couldn't give 19t and Mod a shot???

Don't get me wrong, I understand from a Companies stand point that WINS and A-mains SELL products! So on that hand I see some of these guys running Stk. at the Birds,Cleveland, Novak and so on.

But at a "club level" big race that more than likley will not make the first Mag. Its time to atleast TRY to move up!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

These fast guys running stock is what keeps the class competitive and makes people try new things, instead of settling for a "so so" run just to win a club level race with club level drivers.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bobby Flack has not raced stock since Cleveland 2004.....everything since then has been mod or 19t....

Alex Lopez is going to school, so he has not been able to make a few races.....he will also be trying his hand in 19t and modified this year...

Peter Robinson plans to finish the year in stock and then move onto 19t or modified for 2006.....

Stock was never designed to be a beginner class....I have been racing since 1987....its just in the last few years, that this "stock is for the beginners" crap has started....

Later EddieO
Old 11-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Its simple... these guys still racing stock want to win races and make a-mains, they want exposure. They know that if they go run mod they probally wont make a-mains, or win races, or get as much exposure. Running mod, and trying to be succesful is more work then anyone knows. It takes 100 times more practice and dedication to even come close to racing with the top drivers in the world. Basically what i'm saying is while I may not agree with these guys not moving up, but coming from someone who has made the jump, I can definetly understand.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Legend

Stock may not be for beginners only....

But still, a sponsored driver .....

Does that driver belong in stock ?....

HELL NO !!!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:39 PM
TK
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is a sponsored driver in everyones opinnion?

If I get a deal from a motor company or battery company am I now sponsored?

TK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.