R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/90189-thats-get-f_%2Ak-out-stock-thread.html)

Soviet 11-10-2005 05:43 PM

The "Thats it!!! Get the -F- out of Stock!!!" thread

Look. For far too long factory teams have been piling into what is supposed to be the "novice" or "beginner" class: Stock TC

Why at certain races do we see factory teams piling 15-30 deep into stock??? Why do US drivers seem SCARED of the modified class???

I remember the day when modified was the top of the top, the pinnacle of TC racing.... :nod:

Now here in the 'States, we seem to be stuck with hundreds of 30/40- somethings who run stock because they know all the dirty tricks in the stock-motor book and are too chicken to run modified. :rolleyes:

So anyhow, here I say it. I'm here to lay the gauntlet down. :mad:

If the USA is going to compete well on an international level and not be the joke of the IFMAR racing community, we need the skilled drivers in our clubs to step up and run mod once and for all. STOP SANDBAGGING STOCK. :mad: :flaming: :mad: :flaming:

Thats why the beginners get all sad and dejected. As stock is supposed to be for them. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

End Quote: If your a Pro, run Pro. Run Modified class!!! :flaming: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Core Creations 11-10-2005 05:50 PM

Damn straight!!! :nod:

Originally Posted by Soviet
Look. For far too long factory teams have been piling into what is supposed to be the "novice" or "beginner" class: Stock TC

Why at certain races do we see factory teams piling 15-30 deep into stock??? Why do US drivers seem SCARED of the modified class???

I remember the day when modified was the top of the top, the pinnacle of TC racing.... :nod:

Now here in the 'States, we seem to be stuck with hundreds of 30/40- somethings who run stock because they know all the dirty tricks in the stock-motor book and are too chicken to run modified. :rolleyes:

If the USA is going to compete well on an international level and not be the joke of the IFMAR racing community, we need the skilled drivers in our clubs to step up and run mod once and for all. STOP SANDBAGGING STOCK. :mad: :flaming: :mad: :flaming:

Thats why the beginners get all sad and dejected. As stock is supposed to be for them. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

End Quote: If your a Pro, run Pro. Run Modified class!!! :flaming: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Ginsu 11-10-2005 05:51 PM

I so agree. We as AMERICAN rc drivers need to heed your advice. Get out of stock!

OVA 11-10-2005 05:52 PM

Welcome to the America......I don't think it is up to the team driver ..the factory company doing it...

Jammin'Trey 11-10-2005 05:52 PM

100%

Core Creations 11-10-2005 05:54 PM

Probably because it's an easier win, then company X can say this chassis, or that battery is now National Stock Champion...marketing ;)

OVA 11-10-2005 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by CIVIC91
Probably because it's an easier win, then company X can say this chassis, or that battery is now National Stock Champion...marketing ;)

Right on the money dude

ChadCapece 11-10-2005 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by CIVIC91

Stock might be easier to setup the car, but there are 40 guys on the same lap to lap-and-a-half. Not the same tightness in mod.

Soviet 11-10-2005 05:56 PM

Stock is for pussies....

Thats IT...Lets burn this mother-f_*ker down!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (In the spirit of "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle") :lol: :lol: :lol:

Core Creations 11-10-2005 05:57 PM

But with less factory drivers in the mix it's an easier win than mod...which is where all of them should be...or make a "Factory Stock" class.

billdapart 11-10-2005 05:57 PM

haha

I have to say I agree with you. I concur with your long-winded and exhasperated narrative, and will voice my own as well.

I am not at all new to R/C (been running them, playing with them for going on 18 years)

I AM completely new to true competitive racing.

So far I cannot see ANY reason for people who can navigate around a track well to not do it any faster.

I think that the novice class should be just that (completely new and unable to go a set of laps (4 or 5) without hitting a board.

The stock class should be those guys that are good enough to get around the track with only one or two minor mistakes (if that), who are still learning about true competition tuning.

anybody who can "dial" a car and navigate a track without crashing should be putting more power into their car.. plain and simple.

I've only been out to two races so far, the first one i didn't finish 3 three heats and ended up winning a main in the novice class because I didn't crash once. My car was EASILY the slowest out there, but not crashing won the race.

The next weekend out I qualified well and lead the main for the majority, only to lose it in the very end. This was done in the stock class. The people who got the top spots were very good drivers, one a 40 something father who owns his own small battery/hop-up local business, and the other a 35-ish father who is the local motor guru!

at both races the battery guy was asked by some of the faster 19t class guys who are friends of his when he will be making the move to 19t. His reply both times was that he wanted to exhaust the stock class and really be ready for the faster car. I understand this completely, but think that with his tuning knowledge and his apparent edge over the field, the move should have been made already.

You can't learn to drive a faster car without driving a faster car.

I watched this guy race very closely and it seems to me his movements, lines and style could all BENEFIT from a car with more power.

Again, I have to say I agree with you.

Come on you p*&#ies, put something big in it and see if you can TUNE THAT!

I hope to be moving up to 19t by my fifth race. If my progression stays as steady as it has this should be no problem. :sneaky:

ha.. how's that for long-winded! :p

:tire: :tire: :tire: :tire:

OVA 11-10-2005 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by OVA
Right on the money dude

Roar Rules should say if any racer won the stock National they should move on,

Jack Smash 11-10-2005 05:59 PM

The only way to get factory drivers out of stock at large events is to hurt the profits of the companies that are making or supporting their drivers running stock. Is it possible to do that? Who knows. But the problem isn't with the drivers themselves but with the companys that send these drivers so they can advertise another major race win.

Darkseid 11-10-2005 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Soviet

Don't hold back now, tell us what your REALLY think! :eek: :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, stock(with all its tricks...legal and illegal) is a sham anyway, and in NO WAY represents what the class was ment to be when it was introduced. "An affoardable alternative"....yeah right! Try guys who buy 4-5-6-or more motors just to find a 'good' one...then spend every second slapping new high cost brushes in them after every race. Yeah... :lol: ...affoardable alternative indeed!

So I could care less if pros run it or not. In fact, they are probably the only people who still enjoy the class.

So they can have it.

Core Creations 11-10-2005 06:01 PM

I've heard all the excuses...it's pure sandbagging. We run mainly 19t in our area and it has given the stock class for the most part, an easier entry class. Stock used to be "Ultra" compeitive around here...it wasn't any fun starting out, knowing you had "0" chance of winning unless 6 other people broke.

Originally Posted by billdapart
I have to say I agree with you. I concur with your long-winded and exhasperated narrative, and will voice my own as well.

I am not at all new to R/C (been running them, playing with them for going on 18 years)

I AM completely new to true competitive racing.

So far I cannot see ANY reason for people who can navigate around a track well to not do it any faster.

I think that the novice class should be just that (completely new and unable to go a set of laps (4 or 5) without hitting a board.

The stock class should be those guys that are good enough to get around the track with only one or two minor mistakes (if that), who are still learning about true competition tuning.

anybody who can "dial" a car and navigate a track without crashing should be putting more power into their car.. plain and simple.

I've only been out to two races so far, the first one i didn't finish 3 three heats and ended up winning a main in the novice class because I didn't crash once. My car was EASILY the slowest out there, but not crashing won the race.

The next weekend out I qualified well and lead the main for the majority, only to lose it in the very end. This was done in the stock class. The people who got the top spots were very good drivers, one a 40 something father who owns his own small battery/hop-up local business, and the other a 35-ish father who is the local motor guru!

at both races the battery guy was asked by some of the faster 19t class guys who are friends of his when he will be making the move to 19t. His reply both times was that he wanted to exhaust the stock class and really be ready for the faster car. I understand this completely, but think that with his tuning knowledge and his apparent edge over the field, the move should have been made already.

You can't learn to drive a faster car without driving a faster car.

I watched this guy race very closely and it seems to me his movements, lines and style could all BENEFIT from a car with more power.

Again, I have to say I agree with you.

Come on you p*&#ies, put something big in it and see if you can TUNE THAT!

I hope to be moving up to 19t by my fifth race. If my progression stays as steady as it has this should be no problem. :sneaky:

ha.. how's that for long-winded! :p

:tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: