Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

<sarcasm> I just read on Nascar.com that instead of limiting the multiple car teams to 4, Nextel Cup is now going to spin off a new series for 1 car teams since they dont want run in the back of the pack anymore. </sarcasm>
Old 11-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
<sarcasm> I just read on Nascar.com that instead of limiting the multiple car teams to 4, Nextel Cup is now going to spin off a new series for 1 car teams since they dont want run in the back of the pack anymore. </sarcasm>

Good idea, but I don't really care, cuz nascar is the JGTC's afterbirth.

That's right, I said it.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmatter
I am Going to Cleveland this year You Silly Drunk
How dare you call him Silly......
Old 11-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Ray, Whats up? I think Ian is feeling a Little Jerky Today. He Called me Sir and IM me and Told me if I did'nt shut up about Stock Racers. He was Going to tie me to a Pier and Leave me for High Tide
Old 11-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

NASCARS and WRASTLERS
Old 11-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmatter
NASCARS and WRASTLERS

Ahem, I believe the correct mispronunciation is "RASSLERS".....
Old 11-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Soviet - Hot topic no doubt!

CypressMidWest - Your totally missing the point here. Nobody is posting here because they want a win by "expect(ing) everyone to just hand it to (them) by moving to a different class." Now that is "ridiculous"!

How could ANYONE argue for drivers who ALREADY win national level titles, AND continue to run stock or 19t... The next logical step would be moving to 19t from stock and then Modified from 19t.

AND for those of you that think "sponsored" stock guys are only getting nothing more than nifty fifty deals on parts THINK AGAIN!...

I would love to see a more structured national racing venue, were racers would be required to move to a different class by how they finish at national level events.

Last edited by Doug D; 11-11-2005 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After reading 7 pages of arguements...I say,

1. There are two types of racers.... The ones that like a challenge and will practice until they beat you, and the ones that like it easy and will make excuses like he has better stuff, I'll peg him around that corner to win.

2. The first type is the guys we want in our hobby, the second quits after not winning for so long with so much money invested...so who cares.

3. We run stock cuz our track is little, mod motor speeds would be useless.
Heck, I can lap nitro cars on our track with a stock motor. One of the fast guys at our track tried running his mod motor with us stock guys and still lost.

4. Mod motors require the same amount of work the stock do, but more often, although I hear those new round brushed motors last as long as stocks so that's just moot.

5. We race for the fun of competition, for trash talkin' rights, and frankly that comes from racing what everyone else is racing...stock.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Doug D
Soviet - Hot topic no doubt!

CypressMidWest - Your totally missing the point here. Nobody is posting here because they want a win by "expect(ing) everyone to just hand it to (them) by moving to a different class." Now that is "ridiculous"!

How could anyone argue for drivers who ALREADY win national level titles, AND continue to run stock or 19t... The next logical step would be moving to 19t from stock and then Modified from 19t.

AND for those of you that think "sponsored" stock guys are only getting nothing more than nifty fifty deals on parts THINK AGAIN!...

I would love to see a more structured national racing venue, were racers would be required to move to a different class by how they finish at national level events.
Well Said.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well Am fairly new to electric racing,Maybe they can still run stock but have it be a pro stock class seperate from regular stock class.If you are well known for being fast or have a sponser support in any way you are in pro stock class.And if you are paying out of your own pocket but you have all the knowledge and skill and kick some butt in the stock class say this year than you move up to pro stock and try to get sponsered.And for the normal stock class you can not have any kind of sponsership,you do your motors and by your own batteries and what ever alse is involved.This kind of reminds me of gas racing but it is the complete opposite for some reason.Lets say the stock class is 1/10 scale 235mm class like the serpent impact or 835,And modified is 1/8 open class the 1/10 scale 235 class is about dead.cause everyone who runs gas wants to run 1/8 open class. why because they fly and are awsome.So why dont the fast guys that run stock run modified, I would have to say because they can get sponsered cause they are winning.And if they were modified it would be alot harder to get as many wins and maybe keep their sponsership.Sorry if this makes no sense
Old 11-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

In our area on-road mod is none existant, just 19T which I'd rather just tru up a mod motor throw some endro brushes in it and not worry about it, but then you are slow.

The last time I ran stock was at our local track, where all motors were kept up in tech until the race before you was running, then you could go up and pick up your motor and bolt it in....After your race you had to have that motor back in tech by end of the next race after you marshled, and the next time you got a different motor, so doing any tricks to the motor was out, everybody was equal.

Some food for thought
Old 11-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug D

Yes, they get 50% off retail and they get to test the new parts before they are released. The best equipment is used for the big level races, not weekly club racing.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

At Roar races you cant use anything that isnt sold in the stores on your stock car.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it my club (in aussie)
stock class (i assume 27T) is dieing becasue we have a class called 540pro which is 540 silver cans with unlimited gearing for new drivers we have about 3 or 4 drivers who lap the whole feild 2 or 3 times and NONE of them intend on moving up to stock which now only has 3 drivers because they wont move up and for new racers (like me) its REALLY dishartning to know i have no chance of beating guys who have race for 10 years and cars are faster and better tuned than mine will ever be. when they move up into stock 540pro will be more fun as i might have a chance of being compeditive with the top of the feild as soon as i see myself winning consistently i will move up becasue thas the logical thing to do.
alot of them blame cost for not moving up which is crazy becasue they run current model cars with good batterys, good radios (with spektrum) and all there support gear is top notch
Old 11-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Phatkat
Good idea, but I don't really care, cuz nascar is the JGTC's afterbirth.

That's right, I said it.
You are the muthaflippin' MAN!!!

JGTC and all other Touring (Especially Aussie Super V8's) kick ASSCAR in the nads.

God, NASCAR is such inbred corporate shit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.